Status: Active—slowly but surely

Opposites Attract

Important Impressions

...Matt's POV...

I got to class late because Mr. Tanner had asked me to pick up his attendance file folders and grade sheets from last year as well as student files. I walked in and placed them on his desk. I quickly scanned the room for Josh but he hadn't saved a seat for me like he said he would. What a friend he is. The last available seat was next to a girl who looked somewhat out of it. I couldn't tell if she was looking at me or just in my direction. A voice in my head just said "bad, bad, bad, bad..."

I just took my seat, shielding myself from the stranger with my hair as best as I could. I know that sounds girly and all but I didn't want to have to deal with the dirty looks her kind of people give me.

I could tell she was looking at me because I could feel her eyes on the side of my face. I tried hard not to look at her, and failed.

I glanced at her, moving my hair away for a fraction of a second—but it was enough for the usual response.

I heard her quick intake of breath as she saw my eyes and I looked away. My mom always said, "They are soo pretty, Mathew. My own personal emeralds. So bright and sparkly green. So...unique. Beautiful."

Yeah, mom wanted me unique. That's why she spelled my name funny. Instead of "Matthew" like every other Matthew, I was MATHew...like the subject. My eyes came from nowhere, and anyone who saw them always asked the stupid contacts question. I could feel it coming from that girl beside me. When I dared look again she wasn't even looking in my direction. Thank god.

I took my notes carefully, knowing Josh would need them later and Dannie would probably want to look at them later too. Dannie did pretty well in school but for some reason he always had to check his notes with mine.

I heard whispers and saw the two girls next to me talking. I kept my head down and kept writing. I heard snippets of it and I'll admit I was curious after I heard the words "nerd, teacher's pet, and freak." Aka, me.

"Who's the freak?"

"I...contacts...Brenna?"

After hearing Brenna's name, I stopped listening altoghter. I couldn't hear that well anyway.

The bell rang loudly and Josh was suddenly in front of my desk, but I was irrelevant at the time. I saw the main attention of his affection was the other girl sitting net to me, Zoey.

"Hey ladies, I guess I should apologize for this gentleman's unfriendly manners now."

"Oh give it up, Farmer," said the girl right next to me, her words slurring slightly.

"Hey...Kelly," Josh said, trying to be cool.

The two girls started walking out the door, rolling their eyes, when the girl that was directly next to me looked over her shoulder and right at me and said, "Nice contacts."

That is when I decided I didn't like her. Hate wasn't that far behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey people...sorry I've been busy the last couple days. Remember, this is an odd chapter...meaning my friend wrote it, NOT ME!! But like I said before, she doesn't have a Mibba so I'm posting our whole story on here. Hope you like it