Status: Active—slowly but surely

Opposites Attract

Movie Moments

Today I met with the principal for the very first time for a bad reason. He was just as surprised as the secretary…and the receptionist…and the teachers… All in all it wasn’t that bad of an experience mostly because I was a ‘good kid’.

School went good the whole day except for the weird whispers. It ended soon enough though.
* * *

“So…” Josh said on our walk home. Josh usually walked home with me anyway because his mom doesn’t get home for a couple hours.

“What?” I asked not knowing what he meant at all.

“You saw the principal.” I could hear him trying not to crack up.

“Whatever.” I growled at him.

Just then we walked up to my house. My family was what you would call a middle class family. My dad worked at an office and my mom was a flower store owner/ artist. Mom had her own gallery but had one of her closest friends, my aunt Linda, to help her so she was home after school. I walked up our driveway and onto the porch. Josh was right behind me. I was about to take my key out when the door opened.

“Beat you!” said my little devil of a brother. He was sweaty and red most likely from running home from school.

“Yeah sure you did Jer.” I said rolling my eyes. Jeremy was always trying to beat me at something. It seemed like a normal sibling rivalry. He walked away from the door to let us in.

“Hey Josh!” he called over his shoulder as he walked into to living room. I could hear the TV in the distance. We walked from the front room to the living room Josh still trailing me.

“Heyyyyy Josh…” said a flirty smooth voice from the couch. I saw Josh’s head turn towards the voice with interest. When he peeked over the couch I knew what he’d find, my little sister Riley. Riley and Jeremy were twins but Riley was my closest family member.

“Hey sexy!” Josh answered looking at my sister in a kind of creepy way.

“Don’t call me that.” She said pointedly at Josh. I saw her slowly turn to look at him. She was lying on the couch eating popcorn and watching a movie. She was lying on her stomach with her ankles crossed in the air. She was wearing jean shorts and a red t-shirt. Her brown hair was pulled up into a ponytail and her green eyes looked at me with a smile. I was shooting josh a look.

“Dude! That’s my sister. My fourteen year old sister.” I said to him shooting him an I might have to kill you look. Josh smirked at me. “Don’t say it.”

“She. Liked. It.” He said it.

I was about to jump on top of him when Riley got up from the couch and came over and hugged me.

“Hey big brother! Heard you went to the principal’s office.”

“Yeah.” I grumbled still mad about not being able to take down Josh. Josh was still smirking and walking into the kitchen to get a soda.

“Cool. I didn’t actually care.” she said smiling. My sister grabbed my hand and made me come and sit next to her on the couch and watch the movie with her. My sister and Jeremy are twins but Riley looks more like me than him even though they are supposed to be identical. I guess the doctors were wrong. My brother has black hair and blue eyes. Riley has dark hair like me and green eyes. We could be twins.

She sat next to me with her legs crossed and was eating popcorn. I could see she was watching Star Trek. She was always watching random movies.

“Ri, you’ve seen this movie like a million times.”

“Yeah, I know.” She said throwing popcorn at me. “So… anything exciting happen today?”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“How would you know?”

“I just do.” She said raising an eyebrow at me

“Well I made an enemy I guess if you consider that exciting.”

“An enemy? You sure?”

“Yeah, she made fun of my eyes.”

“Our eyes.” She pointed out. “That doesn’t necessarily make you enemies.”

“What do you mean?”

“Sometimes, your enemies can become your best friends. Like in this movie.” She said with a smile. Then we finished the movie together. She’s way too old for her age.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well it's super short but yeah... have to introduce the family. Chapter names subject to change: I suck at writing them