Status: New Story

Knives and Pens

Escape

“6661. Get up.” The guard spat at my sleeping figure. He raised his hand and slapped me across the face. I was startled awake and I gave him a confused look.

“I said get up.” He glared.

“I’m up I’m up!” I hissed my eyes changing from dark brown to a light green.

“Time for today’s tests. I am to remind you that using your mind talent is against the code of conduct and you will be punished.” The guard spat. “6776, same goes to you.” The guard gave me one last kick and left. I laid on the floor and groaned.

“Ebony are you okay? He seemed nicer then yesterday’s guard.” My roommate and best friend Rosemarie said.

“Yeah, I just have a few cracked ribs and my cheek hurts like a bitch but I’m okay.” I forced a smile she gave me a look that said, cut the crap.

“No you’re not. Why do they always hurt you more then me?” She asked.

“Maybe they don’t like the unknown. I refuse to tell them what hybrid I am of and they chose to beat me more.” I guessed.

“We better go through the tests so we can see how the guys are holding up.” She stood up.

“If Brian has one more black eye I swear I will kill whoever gave it to him.” I threatened.

“Well. We better see how they are holding up. Do you have… it?” She said, lowering her voice at the last part.

“Yes I have the gun. Do I go anywhere without it? Also in my boot I have my fathers knife. The huge one? Yeah.” I said back. I was suddenly tackled from behind.

“RUN!” I yelled at Rose’s retreating figure “FIND THEM BEFORE THE GUARDS DO. I WILL GET OUT LATER! YOU KNOW MY MESSAGE TO GIVE. BE SAFE!”

Ten minutes later

“What the fuck did you do little bitch?” The interrogator said.

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” I said innocently.

“BULLSHIT!” He screeched as he slapped me again.

“You know if you keep this up I won’t be able to answer your questions because my face will be so swollen.” I remarked back.

“Well if you won’t answer then I will have to make you.” He smirked.

“Oh? And how will you do that.” I asked as he walked out of the room my head suddenly flooded with images. The main one was Rosemarie looking through her pocket mirror so I knew it was her. She rotated the mirror so that I could see that everyone was there… except for Matt. She took the sharpie she keeps hidden and wrote something on her hand. She flashed it at the mirror. Matt was missing, we couldn’t find him.
I suddenly knew how they were gonna make me talk. As soon as I figured that out, the man walked into the room flanked by two guards holding Matt in handcuffs.

“Now, if you want your precious boyfriend to stay alive you will talk.” The man said as one of his minions pulled out a knife and put it to Matt’s throat.

“NO! DON’T TOUCH HIM!” I yelled. My eyes changed again from the dark brown to the green and I gained control of all three of the enemies.

Now, you will let him go and let us leave. I said in my soothing mental voice.

“Yes ma’am. We will let him go and let you leave.” The man in charge repeated back.

Good now hand me the knife, your keys and badge. I said again. Matt took the knife and slit their throats. He looked at me hungrily.

“We don’t have time for that. We have to meet them at the warehouse.” I held out my hand. He took it and we ran off.

“You know, you are really short.” He commented as we were running down the hall.

“Gee, thanks. Oh, look to your left.” He raised his hand and the person was shoved against the wall.

“Nice one. To your right.” I said pointing to the alarm system. He just looked at it and it blew up.

“Haha that was funny. We should do this again sometime.” I commented once we finally ran outside.

“I’ll yell at Johnny.” He said as a look of concentration came over his face. Johnny can read minds for all of you that didn’t get that. Johnny pulled up in our getaway car.

“Welcome to the hybrid express, please enjoy your rid-“ Johnny said in a computer like voice before Matt interrupted him.

“Just drive short shit.” He shoved the back of Johnny’s seat. Matt took my hands and played with my fingers. I just looked out the window and was thinking things over.

I’m finally free.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter number 2!

Comment, subscribe, do all that stuff that is awesome.

Love you all!

~M