Once Love, Now Destruction

The Cell

“What?” I asked, wanting to make sure I heard right.

“We’re vampires Elizabeth,” Christian to me.

“No,” I laughed, “Vampires are just in fiction novels.”

Nicole sighed, “Elizabeth look at me.”

I did and she took my figure and took out a pin in her dress and pricked my finger.

“Why did you-,” I felt like my air had been cut off.

The girl standing wasn’t Nicole anymore. The girl had black eyes; no white was present just and inky black. Her fingers were like talons, sharp to the point like daggers. Her hair seemed to grow longer and darker; it almost looked like a dirty brown color, instead of striking blonde. Her skin was pale – deathly pale. But what scared me the most was her teeth… fangs – they grew and rested on the tip of her bottom lip.

I bit my lip so hard I could taste the blood that leaked in my mouth, as I backed away in fear, until I felt the wooden door on my back.

I heard her sigh and her eyes changed back into her dark green eyes. Her hair was back to blonde, and her skin was not as pale as before, but was still pale like someone had not gone out in the sun for a month. And her… teeth were back to normal, but I could faintly see the sharpened points on her teeth.

“You don’t have to be scared of us, Elizabeth,” she told me.

“I’m n-not scared,” I told her, afraid I had offended her.

She smiled at me, “Elizabeth, it’s okay; we’re not going to hurt you.”

“I know,” I told her, “It’s just that….”

“It’s freaky,” she guessed smiling.

“No,” I disagreed immediately, “I’ve always thought that something like you existed… but when I told people what I thought, they would make fun of me,” I explained.

She tilted her head to the side, with an odd expression set upon her face, “Huh.”

I heard a crash from upstairs, and wince from the loud noise making my head pound painfully.

“Alistair,” Nicole sighed, “Come with me,” she instructed taking my hand.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“You need to change out of that,” she sighs looking pointedly toward the black dress.

“Okay,” I sighed and followed her back to the room I woke up in.

She glided over to the closet and pulled out a deep red dress, it had white laces ruffles at the collar and was at the bottom. It looked unused but it looked aged, and had long sleeves and would probably come down to my knees.

“You’ll have to wear this tomorrow,” she sighed, “I’m so sorry Elizabeth.”

“Don’t apologize,” I told her, “You have nothing to apologize for.”

Nicole smiled and said softly, “You’re just like her.”

I tilted my head, “Like who?”

Before she could answer, I heard a frantic knock on the door and Christian burst in.

“Nicole, you have to get her in the cell now, or Alistair is-,” he was cut off by a nearby crash.

Nicole sighed and handed me a long-sleeved ivory nightgown, “Hurry, change into this,” and she pushed me into the bathroom.

I did as she said and when I opened the door, I felt my arm be jerked out of the bathroom.

“Don’t take this off,” Nicole ordered sliding a thin silver band on my right ring finger.

And then the door slammed open loudly, the noise echoed throughout the room, and everything was still.

“Alistair,” Nicole pled, “She doesn’t know anything about it.”

“Well it’s going to be a fun night for her, isn’t it?” Alistair bared his teeth – fangs – at me and grabbed my arm.

“You know what it will do to her,” Christian warned him.

“I’m perfectly aware of that,” he sneered, “Let’s go,” and he jerked my arm and dragged me out the bedroom door.

I was quite. I didn’t want to upset him even more, but I felt guilty for whatever was bothering him.

“I’m sorry,” I told him quietly focusing on my bare feet walking against the cold tiled floor.

That made him stop.

“What?” he hissed at me, and let go of my arm only to grab my chin and forced me to look up at him.

“I’m sorry,” I told him biting my lip, “I’m sorry for what ever made you upset.”

“No you’re not,” he disagreed, “Now, shut up.”

“But-,” I started but I was silenced from a familiar pain radiating from my cheek and I could taste blood on my tongue.

“I said shut up,” he repeated and continued to drag me down the hallway until we came to a narrow staircase. I kept my head down, hiding my tears with the shadows that masked my pain.

He pulled me down the staircase carelessly. And when we got to the bottom, I felt fear shoot down my spine.

It reeked of death and sickness. There were sharp objects – most of it was most likely glass – scattered across the dirt floor, I would wince if I would step on an object, but I kept walking. It was very dark, and the only thing lighting the way was the occasional torch. But that wasn’t what scared me.

There were people locked in the cells we past, all of them were covered in blood and dirt. They had scars running across their skin, and almost every inch was scared – most of the markings looked liked burns. They wore tattered clothing and looked like they hadn’t bathed in days. They were all separated, the men were on the right and the women and children were on the left. They all looked at me in pity – like they knew where I was going – and when their eyes were on Alistair they back up into the far corner and curled up, trying not to be seen.

“Why-,” I whispered, my eyes watering as I looked around.

“SHUT UP!” he yelled at me as he dug his talon like fingers into the flesh on my arm. And I could hear the fearful whimpers coming from the cells.

I bit my lip and looked down at my bloodied feet, until we came to an end of the corridor. There was a big metal door in the center of the wall. There were heavy-duty locks that barricaded the door. And there were two thin slots on the top and bottom of the doors, both guarded with unmoving rods.

I could hear my heart pounding from behind my ears, and my mouth went dry when Alistair opened the thick door.

“Get in,” he ordered venomously.

I did what he said.

I looked around to see the only source of light was coming from a small barred window, the light of the moon. There was a clump of hay lying in the corner, and the walls were surrounded with steel, but when I looked closer, I could see scratches. The moonlight casted shadows across the ground, most of them look like paw prints, but bigger – much bigger.

I felt Alistair jerk me in the direction of the wall and forced me down to the ground. I heard clicking sounds and metallic rattling – like chains. And then I felt weight on my wrists and when I brought them into the light I could see thick cuffs immobilizing me to the wall.

Alistair got up and glared down at me, smirking, “Nighty night, Elizabeth. May your death be painful,” and he slammed the steel door and I could hear him locking the locks.

But quickly after that, I heard growling coming from the other side of the small cell and following that was the rattling of chains – they weren’t mine. I focused on the direction the sound was coming from, and found big deep blue eyes glaring back at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY!!!!! I was having a hard time deciding if I should make Elizabeth freak out or not! And then my internet went down for a few days, so sorry!!!