Rosabelle Cullen's Life in the Volturi

The Choice and Goodbye

Ok so the meeting with Aro didn’t go as I had imagined it, which is a really good thing I must say. I was imagining Aro demanding me to come back and I say no, so he kills me and hides my body. Yeah, not how it went at all.

The first thing that happened was Aro just welcomed me as if I had only gone to do some little thing for him and not like I had been gone for over a year. And then he told me that all he wanted was to see how my power worked and check up on the family. I didn’t believe him, but I showed him how my power worked all right.

“Alec, go get me a cookie,” I demanded him and his eyes kinda glazed over and with a sudden “swoosh” he was standing in front of me, a cookie in his had and a confused look on his face. Ok, I just have to clear something up before I go on and tell you anything else. I still love Alec and I have for the past year and a month, I just tried to forget about him because I didn’t want Dad to get onto me about it. Ok, not that that’s cleared up…

“That’s so cool,” Jane gushed, running over to me and seeming to forget that she had just kidnapped me and taken me away from my family, who were probably on there way to find me.

“Wonderful!” Aro’s voice was as annoying as when he found out about my last two powers. “You know Belle, we could really use powers like your in the Volturi and I know someone was missing you while you were gone.” My eyes wondered to where Alec was standing, without my permission I might add. As soon as my eyes met his, I looked away and back to Aro.

“Aro, I can’t. My family needs me no matter what they think; I’m the glue that holds the family together.” I took drama classes when we still lived in Alaska. “Besides, you just kidnapped me,” I felt the need to point out.

Before Aro could reply, the door the room we were in was thrown open and Dad marched in, followed by Jasper, Emmett and Grandpa. They came for me! “Daddy,” I squealed, running to him and throwing my arms around his neck.

“What am I, chop liver?” Emmett’s booming voice asked.

“Yep,” I shot him a smile before turning to Grandpa and Jasper. “Grandpa, Jasper,” I now ran and engulfed them in a large Belle hug.

“Hello sweetie,” Grandpa gave me a kiss on the forehead, before looking over at Aro. “Aro,” he gave him a nod, which Aro returned. “I believe we have some things to discuses?”

“There’s nothing to discuss,” I interrupted, “I’m staying with my family.” When I said this I couldn’t help but notice the sad look that Alec had on his face. If only I could stay with him as well…

“Belle, sweetheart,” Dad looked me strait in the face, “If you love him, then make your decision based on that.” Dad reads minds, right. Wait I didn’t think anything about loving him in my thoughts. “I caught some here and there over the last year,” he explained.

“But what about you and Mom and Nessie?” I asked, tears starting to form in my eyes. “I can’t just leave you all. I mean, you need me to survive,” Dad gave me a small smile.

“You can still come and visit us whenever you want,” he assured me placing a cold hand on my orange hair.

“Tell Mom I’ll see her soon,” I said after a minute of thinking.

“I will,” he took my face in his hand and placed a light kiss on my forehead. “I’ll see you soon baby girl,’ and he turned and started to walk out.

“What was all that about?” Emmett blurted out, looking confused.

“I believe that Belle is staying here,” Jasper came and gave me a quick hug and kiss before following Dad out. Grandpa did the same and Emmett just gave me a confused look before leaving as well.

“So, you’re staying?” Alec’s sweet voice asked from behind me.

“As long as you want me,” I turned around and was shocked when Alec’s cold lips pressed themselves onto mine and I knew that I had made the right choice.
♠ ♠ ♠
There will be an Epilogue, which I am working on now :)