Everyone Learns Faster On Fire

Chapter 34: 3rd May 2006

“Where’s your boyfriend?”

“Huh?”

Jamia was halfway up the stairs leading to her apartment when her irritating old lady neighbour from below had come out of her premises in her slippers and barked at her. Yes, barked. She had one of those grating voices that got on your nerves after a while.

“Where’s whats-his-name? Freddie?”

Jamia frowned. “You mean Frank? He’s upstairs. I left him practising his chord progressions while I popped out to get a few things at the mall.”

She sort of wished that she had bought him along now. She had seen the most beautiful and stunningly designed wedding dress for their big day. It was perfect in every way. She knew that he would have loved it too, but she didn’t want to try it on without him there. She stroked the white gold engagement ring on her left hand affectionately.

“Is he alone?”

Jamia’s eyebrows almost met in the middle of her forehead. “What do you mean? We don’t have anyone else living with us, apart from our pets.”

She tried edging up the stairs away from the irritating woman, but stopped when she spoke again.

“You’d better watch out for him.” Mrs Crabbe said, smiling cleverly. “He’s not all golden as you may think. I’ve seen him sneaking men in when you’re not around.”

“…Men?”

“Yep, caught them the other week. Cuddling on the stairs together for everyone to see. He was a rather pretty looking man, had long locks of black hair, leather jacket, and wore makeup around his eyes.”

Jamia thought for a few seconds before laughing. Mrs Crabbe looked at her in disgust.

“That’s Gerard!” Jamia giggled. “He’s in the band Frank’s in! You didn’t seriously think they were gay did you?”

The old woman didn’t look too impressed. “I wouldn’t be so sure if I was you. I’m telling you to watch out. That boyfriend of yours is no good.”

Jamia shrugged and continued up the stairs to her apartment. She couldn’t believe that the old woman downstairs thought Frank and Gerard were a couple! Sure, they were best friends, but nothing more. She couldn’t wait to tell Frank what a fool their neighbour was. She was sure Gerard would be amused too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry i haven't updated for a while. And sorry for the shortness.
I've been so busy over the last week, but i promise to update a hell of a lot more this week =]