Lust, Blood and Revenge

Chapter 2

The body on the floor was not a body, not so much as a pile of bones. She had picked them clean, knowing that she had had to make it last. John was always so testy, so demanding. Of course that’s what she loved about him. The way he feared her, it smelled different, like some kind of cologne. “Are you done yet?” He asked, waiting impatiently outside the door.
“Always in a hurry my love. Yes, I’m finished. Where do you want the bones?”
“What do you usually do with them?”
She shrugged as he walked into the room. “It depends. Sometimes I use them for rituals, other times, I just like to the keep them when I’m in the mood for something crunchy.”
“Then put them in a bag so we can get home.”
Amya rolled her eyes and did what he asked. It was a small gift that she gave him every once and a while. To save his man hood, his pride, but in the end, he knew who wore the pants. After closing the door behind them, a small women crawled out of her hiding space, sobbing.
“Why didn’t you eat the other?” John asked, walking to the car.
“There was no need. Besides I need to watch my figure.” he rolled his eyes and opened the passenger side door. Amya carefully stepped in like the lady she pretended to be and he closed it behind her. As soon as they were on the road Amya began to laugh. “Has it ever occurred to you how odd this is? I mean for you, not for me.”
“Sometimes when I lie awake at night.”
“I don’t make you sleepy?” She asked wide eyed.
He smiled, “No my love, you do. I just can’t sleep when you’re not beside me. You didn’t think I didn’t notice your late night cravings did you?”
She smiled, “I was actually betting on it. Oh well, just a few worthless souls anyway. Nothing really worth any actual money. Where are we going? Home’s that way.” Amya asked, trying to see where they were.
“I found a hotel close by.”
“My boy found me something sweet I hope?” She said slyly, licking her lips. He nodded and chuckled. “Good, I’m in the mood for dessert.”
John laughed, “I thought you were watching your figure?”
Amya laughed with him. “Please John Kramer. I’m immortal, I don’t need to watch anything. Besides death and despair of course. With the occasional war every once and a while. You should have smelt the fear on that plane. You would have loved it.”
“I’m sure I would have.”
“That’s my boy, treating me so sweet. Hope that doesn’t last long though. You know I’ve been meaning to try out some new toys that I got yesterday. Seeing as tomorrows your birthday, and our anniversary I thought we could start celebrating early.” She sighed contently. “I don’t even know why some of those pigs stay in hell. It’s so much more fun here. So much more devastation.”
“You know you cause most of it right?” John asked smiling.
She rolled her eyes, “That’s what makes it so much fun darling. Keep up will you? And can you stop at the hardware store. I need to pick up some rope.” John nodded and pulled into the parking lot. Always so compliant, it was a wonder he managed to survive this far. Of course, one cannot judge, he was a man of many talents. But as Amya walked slowly towards the now locked doors of the Hardware Store she knew that sex, was not one of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 2! Woohoo!