Status: *** I deleted the most recent chapter, because I felt it wasn't right for the story and because I have amazing readers who support me and have helped me decide where to go with the story. SO THANK YOU TO YOU GUYS! and sorry to the people who haven't read it and stuff. :3

The Perfect Girl

one

My first memory is in Mansville Park, under the oak tree by the swings covered in mud.

I had been playing with the toy car set next to the infamous mud puddle and the blots of dirt liked to splash onto my creamy white dress. Rolling the car against the grass, I made an engine sound with my lips before someone snatched it right out of hands. When I looked up, I saw him. Jake. Jake Rivers.

We had argued some, before I'd grabbed it and we tugged and tugged and it all but broke in half, landing us on our rear ends. He had called me weird, I called him stupid and we exchanged other words that were 'bad' back in the day. We glared at each other before we got up on our feet once again.

And that was where my memories began:

When I punched Jake Rivers as he pulled at my ponytail in Mansville Park under the oak tree by the swings covered in mud.

---

What used to be two kids fooling around in the mud or putting worms in each others sandwiches turned into hate and there we were, years later in high school, glaring at each other from across the room. Who knew things could change so much? -Pure sarcasm there folks. Nothing ever changed between Jake and I. Not really anyway, we were stuck on a plateau in our relationship and there was no getting better or worse. We'd been the same since middle school. Actually scratch that, a little bit has changed since that day in Mansville Park.

Jake became my neighbor, which I sincerely believed to be some of the worst news known to man. Not only did I have to see him all the time, but I couldn't even leave my own home without the sights of him. He also became my sister’s love interest, whom wasn’t interested in her. This I also found to be awful news considering the fact he became all she spoke about. It was outrageous. It was also the end to my relationship with my sister.

The next thing he did to my life was become my older brother’s used-to-be rival. Once, they were worse than Jake and myself. Once, they found everything to be a contest, but now, Danny was off in Princeton and Jake and I were now neck and neck in our last year of high school.

Yet another way to impact my life was to be the person my parents despised. My parents liked his parents but they didn't like Jake due to certain reasons involving his attitude. This was actually great news at first until I got lectured every night for associating myself with him in any way. A mere glance would get me scolded for an hour. Luckily, my parents were workaholics and never noticed anything I really did.

But by far the worst thing he's done to my life was to become the guy I kind of sort of like. This- this was by far the worst of the worst.

From his perspective, I’m just his rival- his enemy. The person he fights with for entertainment. Since my brother went to Princeton for college, he was left without a male to fight with and I was the next best thing. Our relationship was already on the rocks so it was just instinct, I suppose. His parents, however, have never met me because he lives with his brother, Jay. But even Jay didn't know me. Like my parents, Jay worked all the time. He was only home ever so often.

The bell rang, ending the tension between Jake and me for a few minutes since he and I had nearly every single class together except for two and an elective: Chemistry, English, and Spanish/Band. Which must I say is amazing? –ly dreadful.

I can’t stand him anymore. It used to be just fun and games but then…We began middle school where things changed and our level of hate stepped up another notch. Or rather, his leveled up and I pretended mine did.

We made our way to our lockers, shoving each other, because we also have our lockers right next to each others. -Which I really don't understand. I'm in the A's and he's down in the R's, how'd we end up by each other? Nonsense, I tell you. It's bullshit.

He elbowed me one more time before I snapped and pushed him which only led to another fight, that is, until Mr. Hays came out and peeled us away from each other. I glared at him as he glared back. His eyes shined with pure disgust as he looked at me.

“Principal’s office. Now.”

As we grew and aged, the pranks got worse and the names got meaner. But then I started to like him. So I started giving him even tougher beatings and rather sly pranks as if hurting him would make it easier to get over him. But instead, beating him up only led to him returning the favor;. Thus, our many meetings with the principal.

But even the fact of me liking him didn't disperse. Instead, I began to get flushed whenever he smiled at me. And when I could see his eyes, I began getting jelly knees and bats in my stomach. It's not that I was in love or anything, I was just infatuated...with his looks. His personality was what triggered my bad side. It was like one moment, in pure silence, I had butterflies and then he'd open his mouth and I'd get so angry I'd end up going home with a black eye and he'd come along behind me with a broken nose. But even I, Kylie Adams, wasn't totally immune to him as I would like. In fact, I was rather attached than immune. It was all backwards. My mind would say one thing but my heart would beat the other way.

And because I'm as stubborn as I am, I'd hit him and of course, he'd hit back. And that's where I tell you about my school.

Our school was just like the others. We were like a communist country with weird rules and a bad dictator, in other words, our principal. At least, that's the way I see it. The principal, Mr. Sheppard, he had a few rules or should I say school laws.

Shep’s Rules

1. Boys and girls must never get along.

2. I’ll do my job when I feel like it.

3. Kylie Adams and Jake Rivers may do whatever they like.

4. No vegetables!

5. Every student must have at least one thing pink or blue.

6. Listen to me or else.

7. I demand your attention.

8. Listen to me God Dammit!

9. Listen to me, already!

…Police…School Board…Media…Read Again.

You get the drill? Now you’ve met our principal, take a step into his office. We shoved our way into his office. Papers flying everywhere… Footballs… Bats… Christmas Tree… Cross… And a bunch of other crap too. Not literally, but his office was a mess. It aways has beeen and I had a feeling as long as he's the principal, it always will be.

“Take a seat,” Shep said, and so I sat on the edge of his coffee table and Jake sat on the only open chair. The other chair was occupied by a stack of pamphlets.

“What’s up, John?” Jake greeted Shep.

Mr. Shepphard had always been called Shep from what I recall. Everyone called him Shep. Either that or the principal, but most people preferred Shep. But Jake was different, he'd felt he'd gone to see Shep so many times they were on a first name basis. Which is where John came from. During my entire high school career, I've never once heard Jake call Shep anything except for John.

Shep looked at us through his glasses and reached to run his hand through a tuft of hair on his balding head. The tuft was gray and his wrinkles told us he wouldn't be a principal for too much longer, which was a shame since he was cool. Strange and absurd but he was cool. He gave us the freedom we craved but we still went to our classes and paid some kind of attention. Of course, being cool didn't make him the best principal according to the district.

“Hey Shep,” I sighed and began to tap my right foot.

“Morning,” Shep said while handing us papers. I grabbed mine and read it over. "I was expecting you both."

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Jayles,

Your child, Owen Jayles, has disrupted class one too many times, we have informed your child that if he/she does it again, he/she will receive school community service and/or a week’s worth of detention. Please talk to your child.

Thank You.

Sincerely,

John Sheppard

“And this has anything to do with me how?” I asked, gesturing to the sheet of paper.

I put it down next to me on the table and waited for an answer about the document and this Owen Jayles. If I'm right then he's a senior and a class clown. A total ladies man with his six pack and nice hair. He really was good looking, and his personality was perfect too. Although he was great and all, nobody was really interested in him due to the fact he's rejected everyone ever since he and his girlfriend of five years broke up two years ago. He was such a wreck, he didn't even go to school and got held back for lack of attendance. He's 19 now, but still in heartbreak.

“That will be your punishment if you don’t clean up your act,” Shep threatened and I frowned.

“Since when did the rules apply to us?” Jake scowled.

Jake was rather a free spirit and he enjoyed having the freedom of no rules laid upon him. It was why he even bothered to get up in the morning for school. Otherwise, he'd stay home with any freedom he could obtain. In middle school, he skipped a month saying aliens abducted him and he just couldn't get out of the flying saucer. The month after that when he failed every single exam, assignment and project, he said the aliens sucked his brains out and he no longer knew anything. He got suspended for four months and enjoyed every bit of it. Luckily, I saved his ass so he could pass 8th grade. He didn't know of course.

“Since I found out an inspection on the school will be next week,” Shep informed us and I finally understood.

“Ah…the traditional ‘Our School is Best’ act,” I said and leaned back before snapping forward when I realized I wasn't in a chair but on a table.

Simple. We did this every year. Everyone would be on their best behavior and when the inspections were over, we'd have a bash. The bash was the only reason why anyone even stayed in character as a straight A, studying addicted scholar. Most of the time, however, the district leaders still wouldn't believe us even though we were in act because of our faltering year long grades. But we had the bash as said anyway. Besides, it's not like they could do anything. Our school average wasn't failing. We just weren't at the very top. The average GPA of the school was a 3.6 which I considered alright.

“Exactly,” Shep smirked.

“Put us in different classes this year. That way, we’ll stay out of each others way,” I suggested with a small shrug.

Jake and I had never been too good with the tradition because at one point or another, one of us would take a blow and we'd both get lectured. We were never excluded from the bash though, Shep liked us best.

“No…No, no, no…no!” Jake protested, and I gave him a look.

“And why not?” I asked as I turned to look at him.

“Because you’re the only reason girls stay away,” He grumbled and I rolled my eyes.

“Solution to that problem? Get a girlfriend. No girl wants a taken guy unless they’re deeply in love or desperate...Or both,” I reasoned. Or if they're a slut, I added to myself with a smirk.

“Shut up. But that wouldn't work either way, Adams. The only girls who like me are the ones who practically rape me in the hall way,” He retorted.

“Then go look for the perfect girl,” I told him in a ‘duh’ tone. “That is…if you actually start looking at girls.”

“Whatever, Adams,” He grunted and I scoffed.

“Same goes here, Rivers,” I spat.

“You're such a girl,” He growled.

“At least you can see what I am. You can't even tell what you are. You're like physically deformed," I grumbled and turned to look away from him.

Oh, that was such a lie. It was completely reversed. I was a girl, but I wore male clothing. He was a guy and he definitely looked like one. With his dark brown hair and his ocean blue eyes, he could make any girl swoon. Including me.

“Am not!” Jake protested and I began to deny.

“Are too!”

“Am not!”

“Are too!”

“Am not!”

“Are too!”

I’m not the little rebel; I’m actually a good student, straight A’s all honors. I took all AP classes and I never made lower than an A. I’m only that rebel when it comes to Jake Rivers. It’s who I am: Jake Rivers’ enemy. I am and forever will be. Never more and never less.

“How old are you two?” Shep asked us in a disappointed tone, cutting off our childish spat.

As I told him I was sixteen, Jake answered loudly, "Eighteen."

September 21. That was Jake's birthday and he always taunted me for having my birthday seven days after his. My birthday was often forgotten since the buzz about Jake's yearly birthday party was always still on around then. I only got 'Happy Birthday's from close friends and family. And sometimes, if he was in a good mood, even Jake himself. Although he hated me, every year he still gave me a small toy car and told me four words: I still hate you. Sometimes it wasn't in person, but I could always guarantee that it would be there. The times he did give it to me in person though, he'd smile, ruffle my hair and the next day we'd be busting each others' guts out.

“How are you two in the same grade?” He asked us, adjusting his glasses.

“I skipped two grades,” I informed him.

“She skipped fifth and seventh grade,” He murmured at the same time I spoke.

“And how do you know that?” Shep asked Jake, his eyebrows risen.

I almost wanted to ask him as well. Even I didn't recall which years I'd skipped. But instead, I brushed it off and began to kick my heel into the ugly, blue carpet floor. The times when Jake knew these small facts about me were special to me. It made me feel as though he did care and he did pay attention to me just the way I did to him. Although I knew better, I couldn't help hoping.

“I’ve known her since she was in diapers,” Jake explained with a tired sigh.

Following his statement, I quickly added, “Which means I’ve known him all my life."

All my life. All sixteen years I'd known him. From day one. My dad's parents and his dad's parents had been close friends which is why our dads were both raised in chilly South Haven, Michigan. Our dads were friends growing up, but after high school, they both lost touch. However, in the end, they both ended up moving back to Michigan. By then, Jake was born but I was not. By the time Jake was one, Jay was eighteen and that was around the time his parents left on constant business trips leaving Jake alone with only Jay to fend for him. About a year later, I was born.

That was the reason Jake's parents didn't know I existed. But my parents knew Jake existed and neither my mother or my father enjoyed his presence since he couldn't control his mouth and said 'fuck' as much as a person said 'I'. They say it's because Jay raised him all wrong. Although I wasn't on civil terms with Jake or Jay, I'd always defend him from my parents. What they said was always a little harsh. However, they were right about how much Jake cussed. Cussing was something that wasn't allowed in my house hold. Cuss once and clean the floors for a month. I watched my mouth the little time I spent at home.

“Interesting…”Shep said.

“What?” We asked in unison and turned to glare at each other again.

“Nothing,” Shep said before telling us to go to class.

Shoving we made it out of the door, before I was tackled by Jason, my best friend. He was as gay as any homosexual could get, but he didn't dress gay, only a little fashionable. And if you spoke to him, you'd guess he was gay from his choice in words but other wise, he looked as straight as a pole. Jase was hilarious and kind, and I could trust him with my life most of the time. He was just bubbly and irresistible. It was difficult to not love the guy.

“Tell me the deets!” He squealed causing me to laugh.

“Get off me, Jase,” I giggled, pushing at him.

He let go of me before he noticed Jake come out from behind me and began to stare at him. His face had a look of mischief and I wanted to laugh as I knew just how dirty his thoughts were at the moment.

"You know, you're drooling," I taunted and Jase immediately snapped from his trance wiping at his mouth as I laughed at him. He glared at me and I grinned, "What? I had to save you from losing your mind."

“You know he is fine,” Jase winked and I grimaced in disgust.

As Jake passed, I heard him utter three words that completely changed the mood, "What a fag."

"What did you say?" I scoffed in disbelief, grabbing onto Jake's elbow as he walked past me.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Adams'," Jake smirked and I shook my head and began to walk up to him.

I felt someone grab hold of my arm and I looked back at Jase, "No. It's fine. He's just an ass. Let's just get to class..."

I frowned and pulled my arm back and continued headings towards Jake until I was hardly two inches away.

“Okay, number one. He's the best you'll ever get,” I said, and pursed my lips as I shoved him once and took a step. "Two, you can't call someone out for being gay if you're just the same. It's like trying to insult someone by calling them human," he rolled his eyes and I shoved my hands at his chest again. “And three, if you ever call Jase a fag again, you'll lose your precious face,” I threatened as he watched me amusingly.

“Adams, you and I both know that you couldn’t bear to hurt this face,” He said and pointed at his face which sported a playful smirk.

“Wanna bet?” I challenged him, imitating the smirk myself.

“Damn right,” He accepted and that was it.

Our faces were so close, our noses were nearly touching. The glares were tense and there was no doubt a fight was about to come on. I shoved him away quicky and then to finish it off, I punched him straight at his nose half hoping to have broken it, half hoping it didn’t hurt him.

"Who couldn't bear to damage your fucked up face, Rivers?" I chuckled and watched him look back at me and wipe away the blood coming from his nostrils.

"We all know it's killing you inside," He growled.

You know that phrase, “Never hit a girl”? Apparently, it doesn’t apply with me and Jake because as soon as I punched him, he punched back, like usual.

He charged back at me, ramming his fist into my gut almost knocking me from my feet. I heard the bell ring and a few of the students dispersed but most of them remained rooting on either Jake or myself. I regained my balance just fast enough to dodge his second blow and returned it with a quick and hard lift of the knee that pushed him backwards, giving me area to fight back. And then before I could make a move he returned and tackled me to the ground jamming his fist into my face and I kicked him off in just enough time to roll us over. I began to shove my tight fist into his face as hard as I could, attacking him punch by punch as he tried his best to stop me. But there was absolutely no way he could.

My legs were tightly wrapped around him in a straddle. I knew Jake wasn't trying his best, he never did. But I was and the fact I wasn't the one being pounded ws enough. I punched him one more time before I felt someone grab my shoulders, yanking me off onto the floor, three feet away from Jake who was suffering from possibly a broken nose. I was sure I had a split lip and possibly bruises on my stomach. A teacher, Mrs. Kurby, kneeled down by Jake asking him if he was alright and he shrugged and said he was fine as Mr. Hays continued to hold me back despite the fact I was completely limp while regaining my breath on the cold tile floor. All the students had been sent off by teachers, but most of them had their heads sticking out from doors scattering the hall. Others walked alway slowly so they could watch until we were in Shep's office.

“Adams, Rivers. My office, now,” Shep grunted and shook his head as he turned to return to his office.

Mrs. Kurby assisted Jake into the door before nodding at Mr. Hays to let me in. Rather than assisting me, he moved me like a doll. Jake was resting on the chair he sat at less than half an hour ago with a tissue held up to his bloody nose. I was told to stand to the opposite side of the room from Jake as Shep waited for the teachers to settle down.

“I just spoke to you. If you didn’t clean your act up, I’d have to punish you. And since you didn’t, school community service after and before school. Be here at six and stay here until five.”

“What? It’s bad enough we’re here an hour early but three hours late is way too much,” I reasoned, the pain in my lip caused me to wince as I finished speaking.

“No, it’s reasonable, now get out of here,” Shep demanded.

Jake and I protested despite our injuries, trying to convince him otherwise until he threatened to extend the hours and I groaned as I pushed my way out of the office.

Straight A student, now school community service worker. What the Hell? He chooses to be a principal now? God Dammit.

We were more than half a class late once we got out. We headed for the nurse without glares but we stayed as far away as possible from one another. Usually after a fight, we wouldn't be so tensed up but then again, usually we never got punished for it. Maybe a detention but never so much as community service.

The nurse had merely glanced at us before she shoved an ice pack my way, given me a pass and told me to get to class. As I left, Jake looked at me and mouthed for me to wait. for him. Oddly enough, I did. He came back out with a few bandages on his nose and an ice pack held to his face. Instead of guilt, I felt pure pride. We began to walk to class.

“I hate John right now,” I heard Jake utter after a minute or two of silence.

“And I don’t?” I scowled, wincing and pulling the ice pack back to my lip.

“Whatever, how late are we to bio?” He muttered. His voice came out hollow and strange since his nose was swollen.

“Biology is nearly over. Let’s just get across the school for athletics and we’ll actually spare everyone three extra laps,” I suggested, heading for the gym.

“Didn’t we have a test in Bio today?” He questioned as he trailed behind by hardly an inch.

“Yeah,” I confirmed before throwing in, "Aw! Were you excited to take the test? Poor baby."

“Hey, I’m fine with another day to study,” he said, his hands were up as if saying 'whatever'.

I contained a laugh at his innocent face, but continued to walk. The bell rang and I watched doors open as students began to fill the halls again. And many people gave us strange looks and others looked eager to find out what happened.

“Uh-Huh,” I nodded sarcastically and he chuckled.

Just as he was about to reply, Jane called my name, “Kylie!” She skipped towards me, holding her books to her chest. I looked at her face to see her trying on some stupid pouty face.

“Hey, Jane,” I greeted her with a small smile, ignoring her strange expression. Jake definitely noticed though as he snickered beside me.

“Hi, Kylie…Jake,” She said blushing.

To put it simply, Jane has a thing for Jake, and Jake refers to her as one of his groupies. His words, not mine. Although it was true she admired him far more than she needed to. Not that I didn't, it's just she flaunted it far more than anyone should. She basically walked around with a sign over her head screaming 'Desperate'. I didn't like her too much either. She only talked to me when I was with Jake and she only called me her friend so that she could be near him. It was ridiculous.

“Jane,” he acknowledged with an annoying edg eto his voice. I elbowed him and smiled at Jane. “I’ll see you later, Kylie,” He said before he left without even a glance in Jane's way.

“Since when does he see you later?” She asked, jealousy dripping from every syllable. I wanted to slap her right then.

Even I get annoyed sometimes. One of those times is now. Jealousy was one of my pet peeves. I despised the feeling and the way people acted because of it. It was just horrid itself. It was one thing to like the guy and be slightly jealous if he talked to another girl but jealousy for no particularly good reason set me off. Especially when it came to Jake's posse.

I ignored her then and simply walked to the gym. The bell rang and she left, giving up. I ended up arriving on time and changed into uniform. Apparently, because it was Jake and my first time to athletics on time, we got four extra laps. Just the two of us. Jake and I had both tried to persuade coach to give us a break because of our injuries but then he raised the amount of laps to eight and we shut up. Cheers.

“I can’t believe he gave us eight extra laps, we always run extra laps!” I exclaimed angrily as I jogged on the track. I have no trouble running, I just don’t like having to run for no reason. I'll admit though that the extra laps in gym kept me in shape. Besides athletics, I never worked out.

"I can't believe you bruised my fucking nose!" He exclaimed and I gave him a 'What the fuck' kind of look and he sighed. “Coach Greggs hates us, remember? Plus, he’s always been the ass of the last seven centuries,” Jake rambled.

“Since when do we agree with each other?” I asked him playfully.

It was a rather good question if you took away all the stupidity it seemed to pack together.

“Ever since now,” he said and I rolled my eyes as I sped up, finishing another lap.

After a long silence, we finished our laps and went to the locker rooms to find out school was over. We ran over school hours. Were we really that slow? -And then I remembered girls’ locker room was used by the cheer leading squad today and when the cheerleaders are using it, it’s seemingly against the law to use it too. At least it is for the cheer leaders since they put themselves on a high pedestal.

I hesitated before I made a run for my bag. I grabbed it before one of the cheer leading girls found me and chased me out of there. I’m not scared of them. I’m scared of their sharp, fake, manicured claws. Frightening things I tell you. Consider yourself warned.

“Adams, what are you doing?” Jake asked me as I rushed out and ran right into his chest.

The white strap was gone from his bruised nose and we looked fairly normal despite the fact I had a split lip and he had a red, swollen nose.

“Cheer squad,” I stated simply as if it explained everything which in a way, it did, and he laughed.

“Come on,” he said before he grabbed my arm and I found out he was still smelly and sweaty.

“You haven’t showered,” I spoke in a matter of fact tone of voice.

“Locked,” he murmured as if it were nothing.

“Your bag?” I asked incredulously.

“Left it by the back door 'cause I forgot my gym locker combo,” He muttered and I nodded before he stopped pulling me and ran around the side of the building, leaving me isolated in the middle of the field alone.

I stood there, holding onto my bag and leaning back on my heels when it hit me.

Freezing. Cold. Water.

“What the Hell?” I screamed and turned around and saw Jake holding a hose clutching his stomach in laughter.

Oh right. Even the school has a hose. Wonderful. I playfully glared before I laughed and ran over, throwing my bag off to the side. I grabbed the hose and began spraying him back.

“Damn that’s cold!”

I screamed as he turned the water on stronger causing it to swirl out of control in my hand spraying everything and everywhere. I was drenched and so was he before the first five minutes could pass.

I was sitting on his stomach as we wrestled when I went limp as I thought of when I had this much fun. And it dawned on me that I've never had this much fun. But when I went limp, Jake took this to his advantage and flipped us so he hovered over me. He was on his hands and knees, not fully laying on me but about a foot above me staring down.

"Uncle! I give!" I laughed and he chuckled as he moved off, kneeling on his knees before adjusting himself on the ground by my legs.

I put my hands to my stomach and let out a sigh. The kind that was like 'This is amazing'. It's not that I've never had fun. It's just being best friends with a guy who acts just like a wimpy five year old girl limited what we could actually call fun which was basically, running around the mall and cracking jokes. And even that wasn't really fun. It was just amusing. Messing around in water and making a puddle of mud out of the football field was what I called fun.

"What are you thinking?"

I looked up at Jake and I shrugged. "I'm trying to remember the last time I had fun," I admitted and he raised his eyebrows.

"Is Kylie Adams trying to tell me she had fun with me today?"

I rolled my eyes, "You being here has nothing to do with it."

He didn't seem to believe me but he went along with it anyway, shrugging and standing up. He offered me a hand and after a moment, I took it. His hand was warm in mine and I relished the fact I was holding his hand even if it was for only a few seconds.

That’s how it went, we just let it spray as we got soaked before it hit five and we walked to the parking lot where his car was and my ride was supposed to be.

"Weren't we supposed to be doing community service?" I mumbled and stared up at him as we walked across the lawn.

"We watered the football field. That's good enough," He chuckled and I laughed as I let out long sigh.

“Technically, we only made a pool of mud, but whatever,” I shivered as a breeze passed through. I was definite I was going to get a cold.

“Here,” he said before he threw me his jacket. I looked at it for a moment like it was some kind of foreign substance before saying anything.

“I don’t want to wear something that has you all over it,” I muttered as I put it on despite my words and he rolled his eyes at me. As we approached the curb, he nodded at me and I nodded back as a goodbye.

“Bye,” he said and left for his car as I sat on the pavement waiting for Jase to come pick me up. After less than a minute of waiting, my phone rang and I picked up.

“Hello?” I answered, tapping my free hand's fingers against the pavement and leaning back.

“Hey Kylie,” Jase’s voice rang through. I snapped back up from my relaxed position.

“Where are you?” I asked him, looking around for any sign of his car.

“I can’t give you a ride home. I’m out with Lance,” he said and hung up quickly before I could persuade him to come anyway. He knew me too well.

I groaned and buried my face into my hands which were covered by Jake’s jacket sleeves. The scent hit me like a ton of bricks. It was sweet and I surprisingly liked it as I sniffed it again before I heard a car horn. I looked up and saw Jake.

“Need a ride?” He asked chuckling.

“Please?” I pleaded.

“Only if you do something for me,” He asked.

“What?” I asked cautiously.

I wasn't willing to do anything for a ride. I had legs you know, I could always walk. A ride was just a bit more enticing than walking in the cold when I was wet. Especially since I lived nearly three miles away from the school.

“Help me find that perfect girl you were talking about,” He said, addressing my suggestion from before, and I rolled my eyes.

“Seriously?" He nodded. "Fine, I’ll do it,” I said and climbed into his car.

It was probably the biggest mistake I ever made, but it was also the best thing I've ever done for myself. And if I had the chance to decide again, I would do the same exact thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
English. (:

I hate this chapter and most of the beginning chapters because this story started around two years ago and my wirting has improved. I always wanna rewrite this and all the other badly written parts, but I don't have the time and I'm afraid it'll mess with the entire story. So please, overlook the mistakes until I finish the story and can fix things up.

Love,
Lizzy