Status: *** I deleted the most recent chapter, because I felt it wasn't right for the story and because I have amazing readers who support me and have helped me decide where to go with the story. SO THANK YOU TO YOU GUYS! and sorry to the people who haven't read it and stuff. :3

The Perfect Girl

одиннадцать

“What the hell?” I said as I stared at Jake in pure confusion.

“Who-“ He cut off as he dropped the bat. “K-Kylie? Is that you Adams?”

I dropped my hands to my sides and nodded. He flicked on the light and another ton of shock pounced onto me as I stared at his shirtless figure. All Jake had on were his boxers, and I felt a blush creep onto my embarrassed form as I whipped around.

“Could you please put some clothes on?” I mumbled and I heard a chuckle before I heard footsteps.

“I’m decent, you can turn around now,” He chuckled and I nodded as I turned to see he’d put on a navy blue t-shirt with the words Volunteer printed in white on the back. “So, if you don’t mind me asking…Why the hell are you in my room at,” he checked the time from his digital clock on his desk, “four in the morning?”

I fidgeted as I stared at him. I’d never seen Jake with his bed head before, in the mornings he always had his hair perfect in a messy kind of way. The kind of messy that was done on purpose. This was Jake without his perfect hair, with a drool stain at the corner of his mouth and eyes squinting from the sudden light. This was Jake Rivers in boxers, a dirty volunteer shirt and no shoes. All my sixteen years of living and I have never seen Jake Rivers so…raw. He seemed so normal without his perfect mask. He seemed so much more human without his purposely messy look.

I blinked and looked to the floor as I gulped, “Well- uh…Duke and plan and Jase and uhm, I’m uh…not… really sure.”

Jake raised his right hand and shook his hair a little, tilting his head to his left. I diverted my eyes as I burned holes into the head board of his bed. What was I supposed to do now? Should I go downstairs and open the door for Duke and Jase? Should I climb back out the window? Should I hide in his bed and try to forget how embarrassed I was?

Just then Mr. Brightside by The Killers rang through the room and I raised an eyebrow as Jake scrambled around before answering his phone. Jake listened to The Killers? The Killers were great, but Jake just seemed more of a full time heavy rock listener. His guitar, drums and iPod full of music that consisted of loud guitar solos said so as well. To know he listened to The Killers made me want to laugh.

“Hello?” Jake said and waited for their response. I just grinned as I looked at Jake. “Duke... Why the hell is Kylie in my room, man?... Yeah, okay. Whatever, bro.”

He hung up and looked at me exasperated. My smile faded as he turned and left the room. I felt out of place as I stood in Jake’s room for the first time, all alone. I looked around and wasn’t surprised. His room was just as expected. Plain white walls, random band posters, clothes and other things strewn on the floor, messy bed with blue, plaid sheets, a rack of CDs, drum set, seven guitars stood against one of his walls and a shelf with about twenty books on it. His desk was messy with music sheets and random papers. I looked around for a place to rest and settled for his bed. I collapsed onto his plaid sheets, falling onto my back. I stretched my arms up and yawned.

Shutting my eyes, the image of Jake shirtless appeared in my mind. My eyes flashed open at the memory of his bare chest. I rubbed at my eyes, trying to rid myself of the memory. I honestly never thought Jake would be so muscular. I thought he was the scrawny grunge band kind of guy. Instead, he looked like some Hollister model. It was amazing what a shirt covered.

I laid back down, resting my head onto my palms, as I looped my fingers together behind my head. I shut my eyes and took a deep breath. I could almost hear my body ask for sleep as I began to drift away and sink into Jake’s bed.

The door flung open and Jase and Duke’s voice trailed in. I sat straight up in fright and sighed in relief when I saw Jase’s head roll in before Duke and Jake came into view. The boys barely even gave me a glance as they came in. Jake closed the door and leaned against it.

Glancing at Jake, I felt a blush reach to my cheeks as the memory of his bare torso flashed into my mind again. I quickly looked away and focused on Duke as he sat down on the chair by Jake’s desk. Jase fumbled around before dropping himself towards the carpeted floor and leaning against the wall as he analyzed Jake’s room. My mind returned to Jake, and I noticed him hesitantly stepping towards his bed. He glanced at me and back towards the bed as if asking if it was okay to sit by me. I rolled my eyes and scooted over, patting the spot next to me.

“Go ahead, it’s your room, Rivers,” I assured him and he quickly settled himself beside me.

“Right,” Jake agreed, saying the word as though he were trying to remind himself. “Right. So, uh...why exactly are you guys here?”

I glanced at him from the corner of my eye to see him as far away from me as he could possibly get. He had his back turned to me and his front towards Duke. I felt disappointment flood through me as I stared at the space between us.

Shrugging my shoulders, I laid myself back down on Jake’s bed. I could smell the scent that was on his jacket when he’d lent it to me on the first day of our deal. The smell covered his comforter and pillows. It was like being wrapped in safety and assurance.

Jase groaned as he slumped down the wall until he was fully on his back. He then shut his eyes as he crossed his arms behind his head. I listened to his breath get slower and deeper before I heard a soft snore ring through the room.

“We- Well, I needed to talk to you,” Duke answered.

Jake looked my way and then back towards Duke, “Then why didn’t you use your freaking key and come through the front door instead of sending her flying through my window?! Do you know how freaked out I was?”

I let a smirk appear on my face, knowing I’d spooked him, before I realized what Jake said. Duke had a key. He had a fucking key and he made me climb a gigantic tree and go through Jake’s window? I turned my head and glared at Duke. Duke glanced at me with a smug grin as I mouthed ‘fuck you’ to him. He shrugged and mouthed back ‘It was more fun.’

Jake stared at me for a moment before shaking his head and letting himself fall back onto his bed. I turned my head back when I found myself staring at the side of Jake’s face.

“Yes, I do know how freaked you were. You had a freaking bat ready to beat me senseless with,” I mumbled and Duke started laughing as Jake widened his eyes in embarrassment.

“She’s like half your size! How could you be afraid of her?!” Duke laughed and slapped his knee. I then glared at him due to his implication of me as short, yet still held a smile on my face.

“Whatever. How did she even get in? Last time I checked, I live on the second story,” Jake wondered and my smile faded.

Duke began to laugh hysterically and I felt a strong blush grow on my face. I turned until I was on my stomach, hiding my face into Jake’s comforter. I felt something rub against my side and I instantly looked up. My turn had caused the space between Jake and me to become nonexistent. I froze as I felt his leg rub against mine as he shifted. I dragged myself away from him and he quickly glanced at me.

“She climbed the old oak by your parents’ room, scaled the side of your house and accidentally went into your room. We were going to go to the guest room, but Kylie,” Duke sent me a look,” went straight into yours.”

“You just can’t stay away, can you?” Jake laughed, nudging me. I turned and glared at him, nudging back.

“Enough of that. We need to talk,” Duke stated, no sign of amusement left on his face.

“Sure, sure. What’s up?”

I grabbed one of Jake’s pillows and buried my face into it, breathing in his scent. I shut my eyes as I decided to just listen in. No need to stare at the ceiling or at Jake’s face.

“The party’s what’s up. What the fuck happened there, bro?” Duke demanded and I turned my head to the side for breath.

Jake shifted, moving the bed as I buried my face back into his pillow. He sighed and after a pause of silence, he spoke, “I don’t know man. One minute Kylie’s with me, the next I have no idea where she’s at. I figured she met up with someone she knew or something, so I just chilled,” Jake sighed.

I turned my head again and looked at him as he spoke. “Then when I was talking to Nat, I noticed Kylie drinking with Will. I thought she was safe since Will was cool at school, so I didn’t go get her or pay much attention.” I moved my eyes to his bed as he paused for a breath. “Awhile later I was looking to talk to Will, but I couldn’t find him. I asked Nat if she knew where he was and she said he was with Kylie,” He said.

I looked back up at him to see him looking right back at me. We kept eye contact as he continued. “Then I noticed she was nowhere around and I got a little worried. I went around asking if they saw Will or Kylie and everyone said they hadn’t seen either one. But then Richard Quincy said he saw Will go upstairs with some hot girl, so I went straight upstairs looking for him.”

Jake turned away from me then. “I figured he’d know where Kylie is since he had been with her. I was calling both of their names, checking every room until I’d found one of them. Then I found Will,” Jake’s face had turned hard as he mentioned Will. “At first I thought he was just bedding some slut at school.” My stomach churned as I realized where the story was going.

“I asked him if he’d seen Kylie and the girl giggled while Will covered her face and said he didn’t even know Kylie was there. Right then, I knew he was lying. The giggle started to sound just like Kylie. And right when I began to realize, she confirmed it by saying she was right there. I couldn’t believe it so I went over and pulled the covers off her face,” Jake told us, clenching his jaw. “There she was. Topless and drunk as fucking hell.” He glanced at me and I diverted my eyes to the bed. I couldn’t look at him.

I glanced at Duke with wet eyes. He was glaring at nothing in particular, his hands in fists. I suddenly felt so helpless. I couldn’t even prevent myself from being taken advantage of. The guy who hates me had to save me. I squeezed my eyes together, willing for it all to be a dream. As I opened them, disappointment ran through my veins as I was placed back into the same dreadful place. I was still in Jake’s room, Will still tried to take advantage of me, Nat was still a bitch and Jake was still the one to save my pitiful ass.

“I’m going to fucking kill him,” Duke growled and I stared at him.

Did I want Duke to do anything? Duke could break Will’s neck with a snap of his fingers, but did I want that? I breathed in as I realized I didn’t. I didn’t want Duke or Jake or anybody to do anything. I wanted to do it myself. If what Jake said was true then I wanted to be the one that gave him so much pain he cried. I wanted to be the one to use him as my punching bag.

“Don’t,” I suddenly said. Jake and Duke both stared at me in confusion. “I-I want to do it. I want to confront him myself…”

Duke gave me a questioning look and I nodded, as if telling him I did, I was sure. Jake just nodded once, understanding my side of the story. He knew I’d want to do it myself. He knew my vengeful and angry side better than anyone.

With that, I shut my eyes and let myself fall into a deep sleep. I’d need it if I was going to beat Will senseless tomorrow. It would be one eventful Sunday. That’s all I knew.

---

I woke up to a warm breath on the back of my neck, a sweet smell surrounding me and a solid warmth covering my entire backside. I stiffened as I acknowledged the heavy arm wrapped around my waist. Someone’s legs were tangled with mine and offering me the warmth I was sure I needed. I didn’t mind it until I realized it had to be Jase, Duke, or maybe Jake. I looked around the room. Jase was still asleep on the ground at the foot of the bed. Duke was draped over the bean bag Jake had in the corner of the room. That meant it was Jake Rivers himself who was holding me to his chest with his legs tangled in mine.

My mind went berserk as I finally, truly realized it was Jake. What if he woke up and thought my bed hair was too hideous? What if my morning breath stank? What if I just looked ridiculous? I took a deep breath and gently picked his hand up and removed it from its place around my waist. I sat up, and slowly dragged my legs from their place in between his. I glanced at him and froze, a blush creeping up my face. He was shirtless again! His bare chest was pressed against me throughout the night. I took a deep breath as I found myself staring at his face. His blue eyes were hidden by his lids and his mouth was partially open with the slightest sign of drool. His hair was messy, strands sticking out in every direction. I found myself smiling at the sight before continuing to remove my legs from his.

I stood up and took one last glance at Jake’s cute look before starting my way around his bed. Suddenly, I tripped and fell flat on my stomach, staring at Jase who wore a mischievous expression.

“I saw how you looked at Jake, Kylie,” Jase grinned, smug. I began to blush and looked away, mortified.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, Jase,” I mumbled and he squealed, poking my side.

“Cute, huh? When I saw him, I was about to freaking drop dead!” Jase shared excitedly. I smiled at him as he continued, “And then I saw you and I was like ‘OMG!’ He was totally cuddling you all night.”

I rolled my eyes, “He fell asleep and lots of people like to cuddle. I cuddle with you when you sleep over!”

Jase shook his head rapidly, “No! If that’s the case then it’s a huge coincidence. As soon as Duke began to snore, Jake moved over to you and held you just like he was.”

I laughed, “You’re delusional.”

“Fine. Don’t believe me!” Jase huffed and crossed his arms. I glanced over to Duke who had his hair messy, his mouth open and a loud, obnoxious snore escaping his body. I giggled at his funny expression and looked back at Jase who had his grin again. “Duke’s a cutie too, huh? Who do you think is cuter?”

“No one! They both look hilarious!” I bluffed and Jase rolled his eyes.

“Liar. It’s Jake, isn’t it? You gave him that cute, lovey dovey smile,” Jase grinned and I rolled my eyes again, flicking his forehead.

“You’re retarded. I’m going to go find something to eat. You coming?” I decided and stood up.

Jase jumped to his feet and hooked arms with me before dragging me downstairs. We ventured around before finding the stairs and we made our way to his kitchen. I headed straight to his pantry and looked for cereal as Jase went to the fridge.
I found a box of Captain Crunch and grinned. I looked around for bowls, scoring one from the first cabinet I opened. Taking some milk out, I prepared a bowl for myself and grabbed a spoon from one of the pull out drawers. I took a bite and chewed as I watched Jase eat a burnt piece of toast.

“Let’s go upstairs just in case Jay comes and wonders why the hell we’re at his house,” I chuckled and grabbed my bowl, heading for the stairs.

I trekked my way back to Jake’s room and pushed his legs away as I settled myself onto his bed. I crossed my legs Indian style and continued munching as Jase sat back on the ground.

Jake groaned after I shoved his legs and yawned before he sat up and lightly kicked my back with his foot. “Whatcha eating?”

I shrugged, “Captain Crunch.”

Suddenly someone was pressed against my back. I jumped from shock before seeing Jake’s hand cover mine, leading it to the bowl and then to his mouth as he took a spoonful. He rested his chin on my shoulder and settled his legs on either side of me as he chewed. I rolled my eyes and got myself a bite. Jake swallowed and opened his mouth, waiting for someone to feed him a spoon. I scoffed as he stared at me, waiting.

“No way,” I denied and he pouted. “No!” I resisted and then he brought on the eyes. The puppy dog eyes. The eyes I’d never seen before. It’s funny how the eyes I’d never seen before made me break and feed him a spoon of Captain Crunch. He chuckled as he closed his mouth of it and ate the cereal.

I turned my head to roll my eyes at him right when he swallowed and opened his mouth again. I reluctantly fed him another before aiming for the last bite. Right then, two legs wrapped around my waist as two hands grabbed mine, holding the last bite away from my mouth.

“Jake! Let me go!” I grumbled as I tried to eat the last bite.

He held onto the bowl and the spoon over my hands and kept both away from me so I couldn’t eat it. I reached my neck out so I could try to consume the cereal, but Jake pulled it farther away from me, dragging my arm farther out along with it. Just then a long, warm, wet tongue slid from the middle of my neck to the middle of my cheek. I screamed, letting go of the spoon and rubbing my cheek as Jake happily ate whatever remained. He glanced at me with amusement flashing through his eyes. I glared at him as I wiped his spit off of me. He turned his head away, chuckling as he ate. I narrowed my eyes and whipped around, licking him from the base of his neck to his jaw line. I frowned since I’d missed his cheek, but was happy with having had licked him back at all.

I stuck my tongue out and grinned, “Gotcha!”

As I leaned away from him, he rolled his eyes, but a smile was plastered on his gorgeous face. He held the bowl to his mouth and sipped the rest of the milk. Swallowing, he rested the bowl to his lap, dropping the spoon along with it. His legs were tangled with his sheets, but the bottom half of both legs were bare, sticking out of the blue comforter. One leg rested by my side, the other was swung around me and reaching my other side. I looked at his face to see him looking back at me with an unreadable expression.

“Not to interrupt but where’s the restroom?”

I jumped, realizing that Jase was still there. Calming down, I shrugged as Jake mumbled directions. As Jase left, rushing to free his bladder, Jake fell back on the bed and crossed his arms behind his head. His entire torso was on full view at me and I found myself blushing and looking away from his bare chest yet again.

“I surprisingly slept well,” Jake said and I glanced back at him just in time to see him smile at me that true, Jake Rivers smile. The one that made my heart skip two beats and the butterflies in my stomach go crazy.

I returned his smile as I replied, “Why surprisingly?”

He shrugged, looking out of his window. “I usually just lay here for hours. Then I’ll jam out on my guitar for awhile before I’d get frustrated and fuck up my drum set. Around then, Kayla would come in and tell me to shut up and I’d just lay there for a couple more hours.”

I looked away from him then. Staring at the ground, I wondered why he’d slept well. Was it the fact we wore him out? Was it because there were others in this room? A tiny bit of my wished that it was because I was with him, but I instantly shot that possibility down. We hated each other. We had to.

“Speaking of which, where is Kayla?” I murmured and Jake sighed.

“She’s with my parents now that Jay decided to head for the military.”

I nodded and kept quiet. I’d forgotten that Jay was leaving. Not wanting to bring it up again, I kept silent. Today would be the day I’d confront Will about what he’d done at the party. It was also the day we’d wreck Natalie’s date. Overall, today would be eventful.

Very, very eventful.
♠ ♠ ♠
Russian. (:

I lost my internet for a month due to a storm. I just got it back today. I'll be updating in two days. Three, tops. I have most of the next chapter written. I just couldn't update since my internet was out. Sorry. /:

-Liz