Status: *** I deleted the most recent chapter, because I felt it wasn't right for the story and because I have amazing readers who support me and have helped me decide where to go with the story. SO THANK YOU TO YOU GUYS! and sorry to the people who haven't read it and stuff. :3

The Perfect Girl

quattro

“Kylie!”

I groaned and tossed a pillow at the source of the sound. And such a loud sound it was. My head was in pain, throbbing even, and the sound and movement wasn’t helping. Was Karma trying to tell me that thinking of ways to kill someone was bad and so I deserved an insanely painful headache? Is that it? What a bitch.

“Kylie!”

I stuffed my head under the covers and covered my ears with my hands, squeezing my eyes tight hoping to drown out some sound. It didn’t work well, because the next thing I knew, the covers were off and my legs were cold.

“Marcella Kylie Adams! Get up this instant!”

Reluctantly, I groaned and turned, sitting up with a yawn bursting from my lungs. I rubbed at my eyes and peered at my mother who was almost hovering over me. Damn crazy lady. Who hovers over their children and wake them up in the middle of the night? What time was it anyway?

“What?” I murmured as I tugged back on the blanket to cover my shivering legs.

“Get up,” She demanded, popping the ‘P’. Did I ever mention my mother had great dictation? Well she does, and it’s annoying.

Rolling my eyes, I kicked off the covers I had finally just won over and stood up. I was now up and tired. Why was my mom even waking me up anyway? Isn’t it a little early? I’m no early bird. And when it’s early and I’m awake, I’m a cranky, bratty bitch.

“What now, mom?” I yawned, covering my mouth as I glanced at the clock. Four o’ clock. Wait. “Four o’ clock?! Mom! What the-“

“Don’t you dare use profanity in this house. Now get ready for school,” She demanded and turned on her heel, ready to leave my room.

“But why four?” I groaned again and she turned and shot me a glare.

“Because you have school community service, Marcella,” She said in a cold, angry voice and I let it go. Damn it!

I had almost forgotten about this community service shit. I stumbled to the bathroom after grabbing some clothes and showered, changed, brushed my teeth and everything else before leaving with half a granola bar stuffed in my mouth and the rest wrapped up in my bag.

I was walking down the street. It was dark, and it was actually awfully cold for the middle of February. I tugged at my thin sweater as my shoes slapped the pavement. It was eerily quiet and I cursed myself for not charging my iPod over night. I kept glancing around, hoping to see something to think about. Instead it was just dark.

Slowly, the silence began to tug on my nerve strings, sending me into a cautious and scared mood. I kept thinking out of the darkness, some guy with red eyes would come and kill me. Damn the street lamps for being off. I would’ve died happy if the vampire sparkled. I would’ve laughed myself to death while calling that vampire a fairy princess. I miss the Dracula days.

It was still silence, pitch black darkness and then I heard it. A honk. And what did I do? I jumped, screamed and fell down on my rear end.

“Hey! Adams. You alright?”

My face instantly hardened and I glared at the approaching headlights. Jake River’s car. Son of a bitch.

“What the hell, Rivers?!” I yelled and stood up, brushing myself off.

“Sorry. Just offering a ride,” He explained and shrugged.

“Uh huh. Sure. Okay,” I mumbled and turned to continue walking when he honked the horn again.

“Well. Aren’t you going to get in?”

I sighed and stopped walking, turning on my heel and giving him a dumb expression. “Right. Because I can afford to give you something else?" I scoffed. Did he not remember what happened the last time he offered me a ride? "What? My fucking virginity? No,” I growled harshly before adding on softly, “Plus, I’m still pissed at you for last night.”

I watched him sigh and give the ground a snide face, muttering to himself.

“What’d I do? And how do I fix it?” He finally yelled from the window of his car and I looked up at him.

“You don’t have to fix anything. You’re still going to get that perfect girl, okay? Now. Please. Leave me alone,” I exclaimed.

Lifting my bag over my shoulders, I continued to trudge down the road when I heard a door slam and turned to see Jake walking towards me. What was his problem? Was it impossible for him to take no as an answer?!

“Get your ass in my car before I make you get in,” I heard him threaten. I disregarded him and continued to walk down the streets, into the darkness.

I heard a few footsteps and I was sure he’d gone back to his car when I felt something or someone snake around my waist and throw me over. A scream erupted from my poor lungs and my heart skip a beat when I landed with an oomph on Jake’s shoulder as he marched to the shotgun side of his car and threw open the door before flinging me down. Literally. I fell, face first on the seat, a sneer on my face as he turned to walk towards the other side. I reached my leg out and attempted to trip him but he looked down and stepped over it, sending me into irritation. I stumbled to my feet, adjusting my bag and shutting the door before continuing to walk off. I heard him let out an angry growl that I tried to ignore, which was rather hard seeing as he sounded truly pissed.

“Get in,” He growled and I rolled my eyes before raising my hand with the cursed finger up and all the others down. Indeed, I flipped him off. And I’m quite sure he didn’t like it because I heard him slam his door and shoes squish against the grass before reaching me.

I picked up my speed before he could grab me but damn him and his long legs. Damn him and my clumsiness. Damn it all.

I fell, face planted in the dirt as he grabbed a hold of my torso, flipping me over and reached for my legs. I made a fuss and kicked but it was obvious that he wasn’t letting down so easily. He grabbed both legs in both hands and held a firm grip, dragging me over the plastic like grass and over to his car.

“Fuck you, Rivers. Fuck you,” I screeched and threw my arms about and tried to kick away.

Instead, he threw me into the seat, put on the seat belt and crawled over me to the driver’s side. He shut the door and hit the gas pedal.

“Okay, now let’s talk,” He grinned, accomplished with himself.

I glared at him and kept my mouth shut.

“So, I’ll do the talking then,” He sighed once he realized I wasn’t going to utter a sound. “So what are we-“

“What was wrong with you last night? You were one of the biggest asses of the century! I was so pissed at you even though I knew you had to have some kind of reason, at least that's what I thought. God, Rivers. I hate you so much, I don’t even know why I’m keeping my word when I said I’d help. We all know it’s hopeless. You’ll find that girl some other time in life. Why can’t you just wait!? Why are you such an ass? Why do I fucking care!?” I ranted and crossed my arms, glaring out of the window with an angry expression on my face.

“So she speaks,” He murmured and I turned and glared at him coldly.

“Is that all you can say? You can’t even answer one question?” I pushed and he shrugged.

“Guess not,” He smirked and I groaned, uncrossing my arms and punching the dashboard.

“I hate you. I just- I cannot stand you!” I shrieked and bent over, putting my elbows onto my thighs and burying my face into my hands.

I didn’t bother to see his reaction, nor did I care. All I knew was he was getting onto my nerves and I was annoyed. I didn’t know why but that boy, he drove me to the point of insanity. It’s not that he drives me crazy in a romantic, sheepish kind of way but more like an I-Want-To-Strangle-You kind of way. And I really, truly did want to strangle him. He was such a bipolar guy and it’s not that I’m not bipolar either, it’s just if it weren’t for him, I wouldn’t be all happy and then pissed all the time. He makes me angry with his always changing mood and asshole-ish personality. Even when I’m content with my friends, he comes waltzing into the scene and making that fire burn inside of me.

I suppose I’m playing the blame game. I should stop now, huh? Blame game may be fun but it’s pointless.

The car skidded to a stop and I huffed a sigh before getting out and swinging my bag over my shoulder again as I sauntered towards the main entrance into school, leaving Jake in the dust.

“Wait! Kylie! Hold on!”

I glanced back and rolled my eyes as I continued to go inside when I felt something grab hold of one of the straps on my bag. I groaned and yanked it back.

“Why the rush, Adams?”

“Dumb ass, it’s our first day of community service. I’m not going to be late and get more hours or even detention,” I grumbled and sped away from him and into the front office.

“Good morning. Mr. Sheppard is waiting for you in his office,” The secretary, Mrs. Hopkins, greeted us and I smiled at her as I walked into Shep’s office.

I gave him a half smile and began my way to the only seat open. The other was filled of papers. As I took my last two steps, Jake slid right into the seat leaving me no other place to sit but the ground since the coffee table was also covered in stacks of papers. I turned and glared at Jake before sighing and sitting myself right on top of him before making myself comfortable.

“Get off of me, Adams! This isn’t funny,” Jake grumbled and began trying to push me off.

I grinned and leaned back a bit, “Not going to happen, Rivers. I’m comfortable and there’s nowhere else to sit.”

I knew he was getting annoyed and that just drove me to the highway to happiness. He annoyed me and now it was my turn. I wouldn’t hurt him physically; I’d just annoy him to the point of insanity.

“Fuck you.”

I chuckled, “I know you want to but keep it in your pants.”

He glared at me and I grinned back in response.

“Well that’s quite an interesting beginning to the day. Anyway, here is what you’ll be doing every day during your punishment. We expect you to do all of them before students begin arriving,” Shep ordered and we nodded as he grabbed hold of the sheets of paper.

I looked at it and skimmed every task.

1. Pick up trash on the school lawn.

2. Empty trashcans.

3. Inflate footballs.

4. Go help in cafeteria.

5. Clean baseball equipment.

6. Inflate basketballs for PE.

7. Sort books in Library.


“Okay…So can we go start? I’m not sure I want more detention or anything,” I chuckled and gave Shep a small playful smile.

“Not yet. There’s going to be a new addition to this school-“

“Are we getting a panther?!”

I turned and looked at Jake exasperated as he had a corny grin on his face, as if he were being serious. And then it hit me. He was.

“You know, as a mascot kind of thing,” Jake shrugged and Shep looked down and shook his head, as if he were utterly ashamed of the foreign organism, Jake, in front of him. Not that I blame him, if I were the principal to any school that had Jake as a student I’d be too ashamed to show my face.

Shep let out a slow breath before looking up with a kind smile, “No, Jake. We’re getting a new student.”

I turned back around and looked at Jake. His expression went from a large grin to a deep frown as he glared at the end of the table, angrily. I wasn’t sure whether or not to laugh, tease him, or to pat him on the head and call it a day. I thought it through for about a minute before deciding that calling it a day was the worst option available and to poke fun of him for the sake of it was the top choice.

“Aw…Is poor Jakey Boo embarrassed?” I cooed, pronouncing my r’s as w’s.

He shot up and glared daggers at me but I could only laugh and turn back to Shep’s amused expression.

“Alright, on to the new student. I’d like the first one of you to report to the front desk and show this student around. Tell them all they need to know and what classes are where. Got it?” Shep commanded and Jake and I nodded. “Well then get a move on!”

I scrambled off Jake’s lap and sauntered for the door, opening it right when Jake shuffled out, knocking me off of my feet.

This was going to be a long day.

I sighed and got back on my feet, heading for the janitor’s closet to get the trash grabber and a large trash bag. Once I got there I saw Jake stumbling around, bending up and down, and looking side to side…kind of like a duck. Brothers alike, I guess. Jay dances like one, Jake acts like one.

“Rivers. What the hell are you doing?” I grumbled and stared at him as he bent back up.

“I can’t find the trash bags…”

I snickered before getting to the janitor’s cart thing and picking up the box labeled Trash Bags.

“Right here, genius,” I laughed and pulled one out and grabbing the trash grabber along the way. I began my way down the halls and towards the front doors to get to the lawn.

I opened up the bag and giggled as I watched Jake struggle before tripping and falling, face planted into the mud.

“Loser!” I laughed and dropped a hand to help him up. “Here.”

“What’s that supposed to be?” Jake grumbled and stared at my hand as if it were a tentacle.

“It’s a hand, stupid,” I laughed and crouched down to grab his and standing back up, trying my best to pull him up. “It would help if you tried to get up. I’m not strong enough to pull your fat ass up, hun.”

“Why are you…helping me?” He said hesitantly. “This isn’t like you, Adams.”

“It’s the truce acting, bub,” I chuckled as he stuck his tongue out but reluctantly stood. I gave him a half smile and pointed to his face.

“What?”

“You have a little mud right…well kind of…everywhere,” I smirked and he shot me a glare before wiping it off with the back of his hand and grabbed his bag, opening it in the process and he gave me a small smile before trudging off to the other side of the field to pick up trash and I followed suit the other direction.

As I grabbed trash and placed it in the bag, I kept glancing towards the cars and then at Jake. I supposed I thought Jake would make a run for it. Ditch and make me do it all…That or I was tempted to. Honestly, I think it was both. I was ready to just run. Get a move on, but instead, I guess I wanted Jake to do the first move. But he never did.

And so, we cleaned the lawn in silence and then tossed our tied up bags into the dumpster behind school and headed to empty all the trashcans, this was a fast process that passed quickly before we tied them up and threw them out.

Now, when it came to inflating footballs I might as well wear a sign that says ‘failure’ in capital letters. It wasn’t that I just plain, flat out sucked. I didn’t know the right way to do it, and when I tried to mimic Jake, he’d just laugh while the ball flew from my finger tips and towards the other side of the storage room.

“Shoot!” I screeched as the ball escaped my firm grasp and spiraled to the other side, knocking into one of the shelves, sending an arrayed line of basketballs to collapse towards the ground.

I groaned as I heard Jake’s laughter light up the room as I bent and picked up one of the basketballs. I stared at it and smiled almost. I pulled out the list of services we were to do and grinned.

“Hey, Rivers,” I smirked and Jake looked up, clutching his stomach as he continued to laugh at my failure.

“W-What?” He stammered.

“I bet that I can inflate all of the basketballs before you finish footballs,” I challenged and he cut short his laughter as he narrowed his eyes. I knew what that look meant, what it asked. “If I win then I don’t have to help with this perfect girl business. If you win, I do the services alone for two days.”

I watched his blank expression transform into a smirk.

“You’re on Adams,” He muttered and quickly grabbed another football as I inflated the basketballs.

I’m not quite sure why…But inflating basketballs are ten times easier than inflating footballs.

“Done!”

I jumped up and glared at him.

“What? No way! Plus I helped you with some of them!” I screeched and he stuck his tongue out.

“Sucker! You have to do the services by yourself now. Ha!” He cheered and I watched as he did his victory dance. I glared in anger and regret as I asked myself why I had proposed the bet in the first place.

“Are you seriously going to leave me to do all this? By myself?” I murmured and I looked up at him. I couldn’t finish it all by myself for two whole days.

I’m rather a perfectionist. I like to do things right, and I won’t just let it be until it’s perfectly right. And because I can hardly blow up a football, how was I supposed to inflate an entire shelf full? Plus, I can hardly reach the top.

I mean, I might sound like this average heighted girl who likes to kick ass, but honestly. I’m like a leprechaun. I’m only five foot two. And normally, extremely short people are chubby right? Cause they stopped growing? Nope. My legs have practically no meat. They’re just skin and bones with the slight part of muscle. I don’t have curves. My butt is flat and my chest isn’t even a B. My hair’s too puffy because of my wavy curls and my arms have muscle and they stand out from the rest my bony body. But I’m not too skinny. I weigh a reasonable amount, and my ribs don’t show as if they were a part of my skin. I’m just a below average girl who’s on the short side.

“Damn right I am. You’re the one who even decided to have a bet, Adams,” Jake laughed and looked up at me.

“Well then, do me a favor, okay? Can you at least put the footballs near the floor for me? ‘Cause, believe it or not, I’m part smurf,” I joked and he chuckled.

“You can get a chair and toss them to the floor. I’m sleeping in,” Jake rolled his eyes and I glared.

“You suck,” I mumbled and he laughed.

“It’s not my fault you’re short and stupid,” Jake murmured, and I glared at him.

“Asshole,” I grumbled and inflated the last basketball before I started to align them back onto the shelf.

I heard Jake sigh but paid no further notice of him, only doing my services.

And then we polished the baseball equipment.

Jake was holding one of the bats and he was standing and swinging.

“You know,” He suddenly said. “I used to want to be in the major league.”

“Isn’t that every little boy’s dream?” I laughed and he turned and shot me a look.

“No, I mean in middle school. I played, you know. I was great, not that you’d care,” He sighed and I stopped polishing.

“Why’d you stop?” I asked curiously. I asked myself how I never knew this little fact. Surely it would’ve gotten around, right? Maybe I was just oblivious…

“Remember that prank you pulled on me? You put that slippery shit on the bottom of my shoes and when I walked down the stairs, I fell?” He mumbled and I nodded as I felt a tinge of guilt chew on me. “Well. I broke my knee, and my right arm. I couldn’t play so I had to quit the team. Ever since, I never thought of playing again. I was scared you’d pull another prank and I’d disappoint my team again. It doesn’t feel good knowing you let people down…”

Jake looked at me for a second before looking away. I bit on my lip as the guilt built up.

Jake didn’t say another word the rest of the time.

When we were in the cafeteria, the head lunch lady, Mrs. Pike, told us to go and unload the boxes of milk from the delivery truck.

I sauntered outside and found the truck on the side of the building before stumbling towards the two men holding boxes.

One was rather portly; his stomach bulged from beneath his plaid shirt and overalls. His hair was white and it laid messily beneath his Mets baseball cap. He was only one or two inches taller than me, putting him on the short side. He had rosy red cheeks and a genuine smile. His pale skin enhanced his wrinkles, revealing his age.

The second man looked around his twenties. He had a mop of blond curls on top of his head and he had a plaid shirt on that held tightly onto his arms, showing his muscles. His jeans were ripped and worn and he had bags underneath his blue orbs. His eyes were empty and there was no hint of a smile placed upon his lips, only a frown.

“Well, howdy doo. What can we do for you?” The first man said and I gave him a smile.

“Just here to help unload is all,” I grinned and the first man chuckled and then he threw me a pair of dirty gloves.

“Unfortunately,” Jake added and caught his pair of gloves.

“We appreciate the help,” The first man said and I nodded.

“I’ll be here for a week,” I laughed and he grinned at me.

“And I won’t be for two days,” Jake murmured smug and I elbowed him.

“Well I guess we might as well get to know each other!” The man said and I shrugged.

“Shut the fuck up already,” I heard Jake mutter under his breath and I huffed an angry sigh and stomped on his foot. I heard him muffle a groan and I grinned satisfied.

“I guess so,” I agreed and he gave me a playful wink.

“Well, I’m Bill and this is Sam. He’s still in college, but he needed a part time job to pay for food. He could’ve taken up a job like a waiter but Sam here’s deaf. Can’t talk, can’t hear. He never knows what a person says. Doesn’t know what they’re going to do, so he never really has an expression. Can’t read lips for his life, either. Doesn’t understand a joke for nothing. But he’s a good man. If you write him a note then he’ll write back so fast it’ll be like you’re talking. Sam’s twenty three,” Bill said and gestured toward Sam. I watched him and gave him a half smile as a friendly gesture, and then I gave him a nice wave. He gladly returned the favor and gave me a small nod.

“Well. I’m Kylie. I’m sixteen, I go to this school and I hate the guy over there,” I laughed and pointed towards Jake and Bill belted a loud, deep rumble of laughter.

“Hate’s a strong word. You say you hate them but feelings change. You might learn to love him someday,” Bill said and I rolled my eyes.

“I assure you. This guy and I will never be anything other than enemies,” I smiled and Jake scoffed.

“Tell me about it,” Jake scoffed and crossed his arms.

“I would but I’d rather not waste my words on you, Rivers,” I spat.

I looked away from Jake and frowned as I slipped on the dirty gloves and jumped into the truck, lifting one of the heavy boxes up and handing it over to Sam. We continued that for about half an hour before the truck was unloaded and Bill was satisfied with introductions.

Then we headed for the library and we put away a cart of books.

I was stumbling around the P section as I looked for the right spot when I saw a book disappear. I looked into the slot that the book should’ve been and saw Jake’s face.

“I’m bored,” Jake chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

“I’m not surprised. Now hurry up and put away your books, idiot,” I commanded and I saw him shake his head.

“I’m out of books.”

I gaped at him and glared at his smirk. How did he finish so fast? How did he do it? More importantly, how did he finish…before me!?

My mind went wild as I watched him stand smug on the other side, as if he knew what I was thinking. Was he taunting me? Lying? Please tell me he’s lying.

“Calm yourself. I put one book on your cart every time you finished two. Now, I’m out. You were done a long time ago. I couldn’t believe you didn’t notice but at least the books are put away,” He sighed and I gave him a dirty look.

“You,” I began, “bastard. You son of a freaking bitch.”

Jake faked a gasp, “How can you say that? And my mom adores you so much too. That would just break her fragile heart.”

I rolled my eyes and pulled out two books so I could see him better. I didn’t say anything and then I opened my mouth and I spit. I blew and my saliva hit him right on the forehead and it drooped down before he grimaced in disgust and wiped it as I had myself a good laugh.

“Oops. You were in the way,” I teased and put back all the books before pushing my cart back to place.

I laughed as I walked ahead, leaving Jake trailing behind as he grumbled.

We walked in a comfortable silence towards the front office as other students arrived. We walked in and I asked the secretary about the new student and she handed me a sheet of paper before gesturing towards the rough, leather seats.
I stood there for a second, in complete silence. It wasn’t that I expected anything, it’s just…There wasn’t just a new student. There were new students. Not just one, but two. They were twins. Both seemed flawless. Their faces were completely composed, skin smooth, fit bodies, and as they stood, I noticed their perfect heights.
My head tilted as I wondered how two people could be so perfect.

One of them was a girl. She had long, black wavy hair that lay gently down her back. Not a frizz in sight. Her eyes were a beautiful green and she had long dark lashes. She had a small scatter of freckles that she pulled off easily. Her lips weren’t too thin or too big. She was taller than me. Probably by four or five inches. I looked at her choice in clothes and they were designer. I stared at her black, fitted blouse and her skinny jeans and I wondered just how much just that outfit had cost. It was probably enough to pay for my entire closet. I felt myself give a slight pout as I thought about how I probably looked like dirt standing in front of her. I could already imagine Jake calling her some kind of goddess.

I turned and looked at the guy. He too had black hair, but it was cut short. He too, had no frizz. Not a hair out of place. He also had piercing green eyes that so many people would be envious of. He also only had a few freckles scattered across his upper cheeks. I looked down and I looked in awe as I stared at his choice in clothing. He had a black V-neck on with a brand name unbuttoned business suit jacket. He wore black jeans and he stood probably a foot taller than me.

I began to feel low. The two of them just standing there already had me feeling like dirt. I could only imagine what could happen when they began to talk and walk. I’d probably be a bottom feeder walking around with these two.

I glanced at Jake who looked fine. As if they were nothing, which is probably true. Jake lived in luxury with his parents’ successful company and all.

Don’t get me wrong, my parents are rather successful as well, but I’ve never accepted to live in luxury. I always bought my own stuff. I lived my own life as a normal human being.

I sighed and took a look at the two sheets of paper that the secretary had given me. It told me their basic information. I didn’t really look at it much because I’d probably learn it all after talking to them…No matter how intimidating they are. They’re so perfect that they make your self esteem hit an all time low. It’s rather a confidence buster if I say so myself.

“Hi…I’m uh…” I froze. Did I really forget my own name? Was that even possible? It’s just my luck to embarrass myself in front of such perfect people. They probably think I live in poverty or something.

“Kylie. Adams. Kylie Adams. Uh, she’s Kylie Adams is what I meant,” Jake cut in, saving me as he did. I gave him a thankful look that he shrugged off.

“Yeah…that’s me,” I mumbled and flushed red at how stupid I sounded. If I could get any more stupid, I’d probably turn to stone and erode away from all my embarrassment.

“Right. And I’m Jake Rivers,” he sighed and I watched as the twins smiled, showing off their perfect, white teeth. What was up with them? Was there a single flaw for fucking Pete’s sake?!

“Nice to meet you, I’m Natalie Foreman and this is my brother, William Foreman. We’re twins but he’s older than me by two minutes. I’m convinced he shoved me down and raced out first so he could claim the title as the older sibling. I still hold it against him,” She said cheerfully and I gaped at how ten seconds ago she scared the wits out of me and now she was talking like we were best friends. Do looks deceive or what?

“Do you have to tell everyone your stupid story, Nat?” William grumbled and elbowed her. She shot him a look before smiling at us. “Can’t you let us be normal for one year? God, Nat.”

“You’re such a jerk! We’re totally normal!”

I’m pretty sure my jaw dropped off by then. How could they be even remotely normal? They stood out like sore thumbs. Designer this, designer that. Plus, who wears suit jackets and blouses? I mean for adults that could be normal, but aren’t they teenagers? Haven’t they ever dressed casually? Two minutes ago they were completely perfect until I realized how absolutely weird they were. They were too mature, I suppose.

Jake and I exchanged nervous looks before we sighed and Jake rested his hand on my shoulder, as if to tell me he really did not like this situation at all. And I really couldn’t blame him. Who would want this?

“We should get going! Wouldn’t want to be late on the first day, now would we?” Natalie chirped and I nodded miserably.

“Your desks are so cute!”

I stared at Natalie as if she were crazy. How in the world could a wooden desk older than I was, be cute? No, just how could a desk be cute at all? What was up with this girl? She was so happy…All the time.

We were in first period AP Calculus together and she was sitting beside me as she went on and on about how she thought the school was just adorable…Honestly, I don’t get her.

“Say…Jake’s a cutie, isn’t he?”

I froze and turned stiffly as I looked at her. What did she just say? Did she just say Jake was cute? How dare- I mean, that’s totally and completely fine.

“Uh…If you say so…” I murmured and began picking at the bottom of my shirt.

“No, he really is. Especially his eyes…I could just melt in them…” She sighed dreamily and I slammed my forehead against the desk.

Could this girl really be that shallow? Did she only see his looks? –Not that I’m saying he had looks or anything of course. But did she only see what his face held? Could she really not see that cocky attitude? Or how he held himself so confidently it was sickening? I mean, it’s not like he hid it or anything.

In all honesty, Jake just didn’t give a fuck about what people thought. Sure if you really said something it might hurt him for a moment but in a flash he’d shrug it off. I’ll be honest and tell you that throughout my entire life, I’ve never seen Jake shed a tear or show weakness. No matter how hurt he was, he’d always been composed. He always tried to look calm and relaxed.

Sometimes it worked, but other times the truth fell through. The times when I hit him and it really did hurt him, he’d pretend to smirk and pull it off as nothing but you could tell whether or not it hurt by the way he composed his face. You could just see through his mask.

And it was never for his reputation. If it was because of what people thought, he’d be angrier when I insult him. Someone who cares won’t mask it, it hurts too much to mask when it comes to those people. Jake just doesn’t care, but at the same time he’d never show weakness to me. He knew better than to do that, I’d torture him for the rest of his life. If I didn’t know any better, I’d think that he actually cared about what I thought. Such a joke.

“You keep saying that, Natalie,” I sighed and left her to her daydreaming as I waited for Duke to come in for class.

It seemed I might not survive if I suffered with Natalie’s perfection and her nonsense. They didn’t add up and she was already attracting attention. Attention I don’t like.

“But he is! Don’t you think so? I mean, you two seemed pretty close…”

And that’s all it took for me to fall from my seat.

“What? No way! That’s just…no! We’re rivals!” I screeched. “I hate him.”

She looked at me in a way that assured me that she didn’t believe a word I said. And that irritated me. How could Jake Rivers and I be close? I hate his guts. My life goal would be to murder him. Rip him to shreds. I hate him...

“Hey Kylie!”

I looked up and grinned. “Duke!”

I leaped up and jumped into his arms. “Where’ve you been, stupid?!”

“Uh…Walking to class?” He chuckled and hugged me back before I pulled away and he patted the top of my head. “You’re getting shorter by the day.”

I glared up at him as he gazed down. “You’re just getting taller, De’Volley. Stop rubbing it in.”

He laughed at my use of his last name. No matter how much I tried to irritate him, he found it adorably funny. He said it was kind of like a little baby trying to tell a joke. This had my self esteem down in seconds. Duke is one of my best friends but he can irritate me easily. Jase is one of my best friends but he annoys me to death sometimes. Jake is not one of my best friends and he pisses me off. I think it’s a guy thing to irritate me.

“Oh but I love you Kylie Wylie!” Duke cooed and gave me a noogie before he froze as he caught a glance of Natalie. “Holy pretty. Is she real?”

I rolled my eyes as Duke stumbled off towards Natalie as if he were hypnotized.

“Oh yeah. Just go ahead and leave me alone Mr. British Accent!” I grumbled and sat down in my seat as the teacher walked in with Jake and William trailing behind. Jake sauntered to his seat, not caring that he was late.

“Mr. Rivers, you’re late,” Mr. Capo stated and Jake shrugged.

“I know,” Jake mumbled and Mr. Capo gave him a dirty look.

“Stay for detention afterschool,” Mr. Capo ordered and Jake smirked.

“Already am,” Jake challenged.

I sighed as I knew exactly where this would go. I slumped back into my seat, staring out the window as I waited for them to finish.

“I’ll extend it another hour,” Mr. Capo fought.

“You can’t hold me until six. Five’s the limit. District rules,” Jake grinned and Mr. Capo glared at him in defeat.

“Fine. I extend your punishment for another week,” Mr. Capo nodded at him and I had to hold in laughter.

Jake’s attitude always landed him in more and more trouble. He never knew to just stop. To be kind for once. Nope, he was persistent on being an ass. It would also land him nothing more than a two day girlfriend. I could already see him pissing off his perfect girl. He’d probably treat her like some servant. Take advantage of her and then he’ll start complaining about how she was too wimpy and couldn’t handle his needs. Son of a bitch.

“Anyway. Good morning class. I’d like you to welcome the Foreman twins to our school. Treat them with care,” Mr. Capo told us and smiled at Natalie as she stood.

“I’m Natalie. It’s nice to meet you,” Natalie grinned and I watched as every boy in class watched her in awe with their jaws on the ground and drool dripping from the corner of the mouths. All the boys except Jake were like that. Jake was part girl anyway.

Mr. Capo gestured towards William and all of our gazes turned to him.

He stood there silently before sighing and going to the empty seat by me. The empty seat that was usually occupied by Duke who was flirting shamelessly with Natalie. Stupid boys and their stupid hormones.

“Hey.”

I looked up at William and gave him a half smile before I turned back to staring off into space.

“What’s up with you and that Jake guy?”

My face dropped and I turned to glare at William.

“Nothing. You get it? No-Thing,” I stated blandly and he raised an eyebrow.

“I think you like him,” He smirked and I looked at him in disgust.

“Uh…Gross much?”

“Nope. You can’t lie to me, gorgeous,” William chuckled and I felt the urge to slap the stupid smirk off his face.

“But I don’t!”

“Oh, but you do.”

“I do not!” I protested and William laughed.

“Yes you do.”

“No I don’t!” I insisted.

“Ye-“

“Don’t hide it. We all know you love me, Adams.”

I turned and glared daggers at the two guys in front of me. How the hell did they come to that conclusion?! I t might be true but what have I done to drop hints like that? All I do is insult him, hit him, and piss him off. I’ve done nothing to do it!

“But don’t worry. We can keep secrets. We’re good little boys,” William winked.

“So there’s no need to keep secrets. It’s just the three of us…We know you love me.”

I gaped at him as if he had three heads. Why were the two retards acting so weirdly? I mean, I hardly know William but I know for a fact he can’t be this weird in real life…right?

“How the hell did you two idiots get that conclusion?” I scoffed and that was when Jake pulled out the piece of paper.

“Oh I don’t know…” William smirked.

“Maybe because of this?” Jake grinned and held the piece of folded up paper in front of my face.

“…What is it?” I asked cautiously, slightly stuttering and Jake looked down at me smug.

“Oh, you know. It’s just a…” Jake paused, teasing me.

William gave me a mischievous look that gave me the goose bumps as he finished Jake’s sentence.

“Just a love letter.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Italian. (:

It's....horrible. And it's like 15 pages long. I just couldn't find a good closing point so that's why it took so long to update. I wasn't finished writing. And then the revising and editing part.
Any who...I hope you liked it anyway.
But seriously, does anyone still even read this?
Love,
Liz