Do You Really Believe Me?

Why Me?

Image

The hot sun is shining through my covers. This is the only thing I hate about having a window directly across my bed. The hot sun hits it, waking my out of my slumber.

I swing my legs over my bed, and my feet touch the cold wooden floor. Before I completely get off of my bed, I rub my dry eyes. It's summer now in Calfornia. And, it's fucking hot out. I can't stand it. I finally push myself up, and immediantly hear my Mom calling me from downstairs.

"Niccy! Wake up! I know you hate Mondays! But...I know how much you love school, and don't want to be late!". Her voice is full of pure happiness. She doesn't even know that I hate school, but, she was right about the Monday part.

"I'm already awake!". I shout back grogily. Definately not a morning person.

I walk in to my bathrooom, not in a rush to leave my room just yet. I strip my clothes off, and turn the water on. Before stepping in the shower, I look at myself in the mirror. "Get ready for another day of name-calling, and bullying Nicole". It's bad enough my regular life is a shitwreck. Why does my school life have to be one too? When I step in the shower, I close my eyes. I have a feeling today is gonna be a long one.

While I ran down the stairs, I immediantly hear my dog barking. Usually he stays in the backyrad, in his little crammed dog house. But, these days, he's been right by the steps, always greeting me in the moring. "Hey Benson!". I say, bending down to gently scratch his ears. He makes a whimpering sound. "Benson, your so cute! Well, I got to go now. And, no going on the couch!". I shout as I saw him making his way there. He stopped, and gave me a sad look. I smiled before shouting to my Mom that I'm leaving.

The bus ride to my school was pretty quiet. Besides the fact that there was a small group of people in the front laughing theirs asses off. What's so funny at 6:45 in the morning? I got a better look at the guys, They definately were Asain. One of the guys had a head of jet-black hair. Kind of similar to my color. The other man, who looked slightly older; his hair was brown with a little color in it. He was actually very attractive. I then averted my eyes to the rightm to the man who was the one laughing the hardest. His hair was blond, and he has some pink in it. I thought I was bad when I used to eat Pop-Tarts in the morning because they were so sweet. But, this guy was eating a lollipop. Candy in the morning? Oh well, it's none of my business. But, he was also good looking too. I looked away from them, and stared out the window. It was so hot, you could see the heat rising from the street. This is why I prefer winter much, much more. That's when I realized it got really quieter in the bus. I looked to the front, and saw the group of three men were gone. I looked to my right, out the window, and I noticed the group of three men walking outside. Before the bus took off, I looked straight at the blonde haired guy, and it so happened that he looked up at the same exact time. Our eyes made contact, and I slightly blushed. Then, the bus pulled off, breaking our gaze. I smiled to myself.

I got off the bus, and looked directly in front of me. There stood my school building. I sighed, thinking to myself that I only have two more years in this hell hole.

I lifted my bag more onto my shoulder, and made my way up the school steps. Since I got here pretty early than usual, the school was still gicing out breakfast. Usually when I got here, we would get called up for Homeroom. I made my way into the cafeteria. As soon as I sat down, I didn't even get a breather.

"Hey! Can you tell me what I got on my Social Studies Test?". Some random girl questioned me.

I was really puzzled. How was I supposed to know what she got?

"Ummm...I'm sorry, I don't know. Why don't you ask your teacher?".

Her lips pulled up into a sarcastic smirk.

"Haha! It's true. You can't see what's going to happen. You're full of shit! Weirdo". She laughed at me, and ran back to her friends pointing back at me. "She thinks she'll get attention like that".

I rolled my eyes. Why Me? Why did Emily, the "friend" I thought I could trust; why would she tell everyone my secrect? And, why wouldn't they just believe. But, when shit hits the fan, their probably gonna be the ones that need my help...I highly doubt that though,

First, Second, and Third period went by extremely fast. It was fourth period now, which was my free period. I made my way to my destinated classroom. It so happened that Emily had the same free period as me. But, whatever. I shouldn't really think about it too much. I sat down, and took out my Science book to just review some stuff. That's when I overheard their conversation. Emily included.

"Oh my God! I can't believe their actualy going to preform here!". I heard some girl shout.

"Who?". Emily's voice asked.

"LM.C!".

I looked at them and saw all of their mouths drop.

"No fucking way!?".

"How do you know?". Another one said. At this point, I was looking at them through the corner of my eye.

"Because, I overheard the principle talking. They picked this school to preform at because it's an international school, and they thought it would be a great school to introduce their culture at what not. Plus, their on tour and California is the last place their at!". I saw all of them jump around. Then, I heard someone talking to me.

"Yo! How come you didn't tell us they were coming? Now, I have to worry about what to wear.". She started. "Lemme guess, you didn't have a "Clear Vision"?. She laughed, waving her fingers in the air at the last sentence, in a spooky tone. Everyone laughed. "Good one! I bet she doesn't even know who they are". I heard Emily cackle.

"I don't know about you...but, I'm sooo bagging Maya!". They all did their signature bitchy laughs.

I just sighed, turned around, and blocked them out. Thinking, once again, why me?