Do You Really Believe Me?

Who...Me?

"Nicole, I'm very impressed with your work that you handed in. It perfectly sums up how beautiful it is to learn a new language; your essay gets down to the point, without excluding important information". My teacher Mr. Hamilton complimented me after class on a project I did on learning a language. I didn't expect to do so well on it. Moreover, I didn't even see it coming. Usually things that have to do with school work I always have a vision about. It's strange.
"Thank you so much Mr. H". I gave him a tiny smile. While I was walking towards the door to head to my next class, Mr. Hamilton called out to me.

"You're learning Japanese, right? How good are you exactly?". I slowly turned around, puzzled. How did he know this? AND, it wasn't like him to talk about anything other than his class. Literacy. "Oh, uh, yeah I am. But, I'm not that great. I mean, I know the basics...Enough to probably get me to a hotel if I were to go to Japan. And, I haven't even gotten any characters down-packed that well. Why?'.

Mr. Hamilton nodded his head slowly as he took in what I had just told him. He did look as if he was in deep thought about something serious. "Well, I am pretty sure you have heard about a band from Japan that's going to be preforming at our school.