I Could Treat You Better

You're Welcome, Kid.

I tightened my grip on the edge of the seat as I heard Sandy and Sodapop making out. Dallas just grunted. I don't see why he does this to himself. She'll be gone within the next couple of days. She doesn't love him. She's using him. He was so stupid for letting her back into his life.

We pulled up into her driveway and she crawled out giggling as Soda tugged on her hand.

'I have to go, Hun.'

'Alright. Love you.'

'Love you too,' she replied and ran up the steps. Soda slammed the door and slouched back, closing his eyes. Love. Please. What they had wasn't love. We finally pulled up to that same little white house and Soda jumped out. He headed straight to the shower and I rolled my eyes. I wasn't a jerk or anything, I just disliked Sandy a lot. Without the passion. I was a little bit jealous 'cause I mean come on. Have you not seen Sodapop Curtis? But this was her routine. Stay for a week and leave for another. She has a way of charming and sweet talking Sodapop and it really gets under my skin.

"Summer, you okay?' Ponyboy plopped down next to me and grinned.

'Yeah sure,' I mumbled playing with my fingers.

'Dinner's ready.' Darry announced and everybody filed into the kitchen. I didn't feel like eating. I haven't ate much in the past 4 days. He came out of the bathroom, dressed in loose shorts and a black shirt. I looked down.

'Your not eating, Hun?' Darry asked while peering around the corner. I looked up at him.

'Nah. I'm not very hungry..'

'Hm. You haven't been eating much lately. Do you not feel good? You look a little pale.'

'I'm fine. Go on in there and eat! I think I can count your ribs!' He laughed and went back to fixing his plate. I curled up on the couch and started to drift off when I heard someone grunt.

'Go lay down somewhere else. We need a place to sit,' Dallas grunted and I sighed.

'Sit on the ground.'

'How about you?'

'Dally....' I whimpered. I was so tired and I was starting to get aggravated. I could hear him sigh and a plate being set down. Strong arms picked me up and started to carry me. A couple minutes later, and my body was laid onto a soft bed. I didn't bother to open my eyes.

'Thanks, Dallas.' I smiled a little and could hear footsteps start to fade away. Then, I heard them stop altogether.

'Your welcome, Kid.' I knew that voice. It was Sodapop. And the feet echoed from down the hallway and I drifted to sleep.