I Could Treat You Better

Falling hard and Fast

I awoke groggily and looked at my surroundings. Pony and Soda were gone. I hopped up and took a quick shower. Throwing on a pair of shorts and a DX shirt, I tip toed in to the kitchen to find Pony and Soda cooking breakfast. I scratched the back of my head awkwardly. Pony turned around and smiled wide.

"Well hey babe! You hungry?!' I couldn't help but smile at this.

'Nah. I'm fine.' I reached in to the cabinet and pulled out some aspirins.

'Anybody there!?' I heard Two-Bit holler from outside the screen door.

'In here!' Pony boy answered, but the guys were already making their way in to the kitchen.

'Smells something good in here!' Dallas said glancing at me.

'What!?' I scowled glaring back. He scoffed. Two-Bit picked me up and hugged me tightly. He stopped abruptly, lightening his grip and setting me down gently. I frowned at him as he shook his head examining me.

'Your so light now. What the hell, Summer?! Why won't you eat?' I sighed, walking in to the other room but a hand locked around my wrist. Two-Bit pulled me to his chest.

'Is it Soda and Sandy?' He whispered in to my ear. Tears stung my cheek and I wiped them away.

'Let's go babe.' Two-Bit drug me outside and we started to walk.

'What's on your mind?' He began kicking rocks and I bit the inside of my cheeks.

'Well...I don't see why nobody hasn't talked to him about this..Sandy leaving him for a week then sweet talking him the next to taking her back. It's like, she doesn't want him, but she doesn't want anyone else to have him' Two-Bit nodded and was real quiet for a bit. Then when he did talk, he made eye contact with the ground.

'Well, obviously Soda and Sandy are High School sweethearts. Their is chemistry there. But lately Sandy's just been getting tired of him. Soda pop never says no to her and he's in the palm of her hand. She has him on strings, telling him this and that. He's stupid for taking her back each time she leaves him, but Soda can't help being a fool. It's just this game she has him playing ya dig?' I nodded and sighed. Two-Bit took my hand with a smile and I didn't argue. I needed all the comfort I could get.

'Now why are you not eating hun?'

'I..I'm not sure. I just haven't felt good that's all. And this whole thing with Soda and Sandy is stressing me out' A car screeched to a stop behind us and we turned around. Two-Bit let go of my hand and I stood firmly by his side. You gotta look cool.

'Hey you. What's a broad like you hanging with a grease like that?'

'Sorry pal. I don't go for high class Socs. I go for bad boys'

'Is that so?' One of them stepped forward.

'Come any close and I'l skin ya alive' Two-Bit warned reaching into his back pocket and flipping open a switchblade. The Socs eyes darkened a bit.

'We got plenty more in the back fella' I pulled the switchblade out of my back pocket and the light bounced off of it.

'Pity the back seat' I scoffed and twirled the knife in my hand. Something I picked up from my ol' friend Black Jack. Nobody messes with him. The Socs took a minute to absorb their odds. 5 Socs against two Greasers with a switchblade. Sure, they probably had weapons on them as well, but they decided not to take their chances. They hopped back into the car and sped away. I put my switchblade away and drew in a deep breathe.

'You okay babe?' Two-Bit grabbed my hand again and I started to relax.

'Yeah. Yeah I'm fi...' I didn't even have time to answer because everything went black and I hit the hard concrete fast.