I Could Treat You Better

Weak Spot

I groaned as I heard a constant beeping sound. Where the hell am I?

"Aye! She's up!" I heard Pony cheer.

"Where..." I began, but a sudden throbbing attacked my head and I clutched the railing for support.

"You okay Summer?!" I heard Two-Bit say concerned. I could tell by the way that he talked that he hadn't been sleeping much. I knew they all hadn't. Once I opened my eyes I saw dark eyes staring back and sleepy smiles flash my way. All except one face. Soda's. Soda looked happy as can be and his hair was all combed back while the others was laying every way.

"I'm fine. Good God. You boys look horrible!" I smirked.

"Thanks for the complement, Babe. You ain't looking any better," Dallas teased and I rolled my eyes.

"Well, I'm fine so go home and get some rest. Good golly, how long have I been sleeping!?"

"A good three days. You sure were tired, Hun." Darry said holding my hand. My heart rate on the machine sped up.

"THREE DAMN DAYS!" I shouted and the boys laughed as the nurse glared at me.

"Calm it down! Your fine! It's just three days," Steve laughed.

"THREE DAMN DAYS IS ALONG TIME FOR ME, DARLING!" I said, the last word covered in sarcasm. But I was beyond furious. Over those three days, I missed something important.

"Don't get your panties in a bunch." Soda pop chortled and I glared at him.

"Where's the bimbo at? Still making trips on the streets I see," I scowled and he tightened his fist. He stormed out of the room with Steve and Darry on his heels and I sighed.

"Damn, Summer. You didn't have to be so rough on the kid. He's been worrying about you too ya know?" Dally looked off towards the door and I grunted.

"Just leave..." I whispered.

"Excuse me?" Dallas said cockily. I looked up at him with tear filled eyes.

"Just leave! Damn-it! Just leave! All of you! Go home and don't come back!" I shouted and Dallas smirked.

"Hell kid. I ain't going no where. Figures three days in this old place would put ya in hysterics." Dallas crossed his arms stubbornly.

I sighed. Now this was pissing me off. I wanted to be left alone. I don't know why I was acting the way I was, but I needed time to think. And three days in hysterics and endless sleep didn't give me much time.

"Please go," I groaned burying my face in to my hands. And of course, the water works came. I started to sniffle and breathe a little fast and the beeping on the heart rate machine sped up once more.

"Come on, Summer..." I heard Pony whisper and Dallas sighed.

"Scoot over." He demanded and I slide right so he could get in on my left. I felt the heat radiating off his body and I buried my face into his chest. He smelt of sweat and cologne. I breathed in the scent I was so accustomed to and felt myself relax.

"When can I go home?" My voice was muffled by Dallas's chest. He chuckled and rubbed my back.

"Maybe we should ask huh kid?" I nodded my head but felt myself dozing off. My eyes snapped open immediately. I've been sleeping for the past three days. Surely I can't still be tired. Dallas traced circles with his thumb on my arm and the room grew a sort of awkward silence.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"So, Dallas has an o'l weak spot for ya huh?" Pony yawned and light up a cancer stick. I gave him a confused look.

"What do you mean?"

"Aw come on, Summer. It's quite obvious. Sure, Dally doesn't love anybody else but Johnny. But I think he's getting a weak spot for ya too," Ponyboy took a long drag from his cancer stick and offered it to me. I shook my head queasily.

"Come on Pony! It's Dallas Winston were talking about! He's a heartbreaking-alcoholic-bad boy and surely he has no feelings for me what so ever" I breathed in the August air. So clean and warm. Ponyboy finished his cancer stick and stood up. He offered me a hand and I gladly took it. We walked inside to find everyone had already gone to bed. Well, at least except Dallas.

"Bout time y'all got in here. What the hell were you guys doing out there?" Pony blushed a bit and I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry Dal, but I'm pretty worn out. Good night" I smiled and forced Ponyboy forward. I could hear Dallas grunt..