‹ Prequel: Casualties
Sequel: Illicit Paramour

Go Around

;20

Kennedy and Audrey went to Kennedy’s first class, math, but they kept getting in trouble because they just wanted to talk to each other and fill each other in on the drama, but they kept getting yelled at by her teacher. By the end of class they decided that they didn’t want to go through that for her next class so they left the school and went to her car, sitting in the seats they stared at each other. “I need coffee,” Audrey said with a desperate look on her face that made Kennedy start cracking up.
“Lets do it,” she said then started her car and sped out of the parking lot. They drove for almost an hour to find a coffee shop because the one that Kennedy usually went to was closed due to maintenance.
“Oh my god, you’d think it would be easier to find some god damn coffee,” Audrey complained and Kennedy smiled.
“We’re not in New York, my dear,” Kennedy gently reminded her.
Audrey grumbled something unintelligible and they walked into the coffee house that they had found.
“Hi! How can I help you?” the girl behind the counter who had too platinum colored of hair asked with a smile stretched across her face in a way that made it look unnatural and painful.
Audrey and Kennedy exchanged looks but shook it off, “I’ll have a 16 oz., nonfat, iced hazelnut latte,” Audrey ordered and Kennedy laughed a little bit because of how difficult both hers and Audrey’s coffee orders were.
“Okay,” the girl said and you could tell that the girl was confused about the order.
The girl, whose name read Margret on the tag on her shirt, started the drink, “I said nonfat milk, not whole milk!” Audrey exclaimed while watching the girl’s each move closely.
“Sorry,” the girl said and started over. Kennedy laughed at how high maintenance Audrey was but not for too long because she realized that she was the exact same way.
Audrey paid for her drink and then it was Kennedy’s turn, “And for you?” Margret asked.
“I’ll have a 20 oz., nonfat, caramel latte with the sauce not the syrup,” Kennedy told her and pulled out her five dollar bill and handed it to the barista when she got her latte.
Kennedy and Audrey walked out of the there and started laughing again, “Can you believe how incompetent that girl was?” Audrey asked as she slipped into Kennedy’s car and Kennedy laughed with her even though she knew it was mean.
“We should get back,” Kennedy said after she looked at the clock.
If she were in class right then, then she would be sitting next to Alex, talking and introducing Audrey, but she wasn’t and she wondered if he wondered where she was. If he missed her at all.
“Ugh, school is so boring,” Audrey droned while Kennedy found her way back to the main road she needed to take to get back to her high school.
“I told you that you would be bored, but you insisted upon coming, didn’t you?” Kennedy said in almost a scolding tone with a hint of smugness and Audrey stuck her tongue out at her.
Kennedy’s cell phone rang, indicating that she’d gotten a text message. Audrey searched in Kennedy’s bag for her phone until she finally found it and pulled it out with an “Ah ha,” and handed it to Kennedy. Even though Kennedy knew she shouldn’t be reading a text message while she was driving, it didn’t stop her.
Where are you? I miss you. –Alex.
It made Kennedy smile and bite her bottom lip. She decided not to respond, but threw her phone back in her bag and Audrey tossed it in the back seat.
Kennedy pulled into the school parking lot and they had gotten back to the school a lot sooner than they had gotten to the coffee shop.
Kennedy let out a sigh and let her head flop back, “We have five minutes until lunch. Should we just wait out here?” Kennedy asked and turned her head to look at Audrey.
“Yeah, I’m bored of your boring classes,” Audrey said with a laugh and it made Kennedy giggle.
They sat in silence for the remainder of the five minutes when Kennedy heard the bell ring.
“Usually everybody meets up by Alex’s car,” Kennedy informed Audrey as she unbuckled her seat belt and grabbed her keys from the ignition. “Shall we?” Kennedy asked.
Audrey pursed her lips, “Lets make them wait for us for a few minutes,” Audrey said and leaned her head back against the head rest.
“Why?” Kennedy asked.
“Because I don’t want to seem like I’m too eager to meet them because I’m not. I’m pretty much preparing for hating all of them, actually,” Audrey said and it made Kennedy smile. She knew that Audrey would be like this because Audrey was a snob. Everybody knew it and Audrey would never deny it.
Audrey had a theory that Kennedy had taken on after meeting her. Whenever Audrey first met somebody she immediately and automatically disliked them and when Kennedy asked her why that was she replied ‘because I’m not just going to like anybody, they have to earn for me to like them’ and Kennedy had taken on that way of thinking after hearing it.
Kennedy looked over at Alex’s car and saw that everybody was there; Jack standing next to Alex and them laughing about something while Rian stood with his arm around Kara’s waist and Alex stood with his arm wrapped around Lisa’s shoulders while Lisa stood on her tippy toes to steal a kiss from Alex that made Kennedy’s heart break but she shook it off before Audrey could see it. “Shall we go?” she asked and grabbed her bag and her coffee.
“I suppose,” Audrey condoned in a faux-exhausted tone and Kennedy laughed as they got out of the car and Kennedy locked her doors and they made their way over to the group of couples.
“Look whose here after all?” Jack was the first person to see them and he had one of his dorky smiles on his face as he inspected Audrey with confusion.
“Hey guys,” was all Kennedy said as she walked up to them. Jack let her stand next to Alex and Audrey stood next to Kennedy. Now they stood in a circle rather than the glob it was before.
“Who’s the new girl?” Lisa asked out of curiosity and Audrey looked disgusted with her already, but only Kennedy was able to tell because she knew Audrey so well – if someone else had seen the look, they’d have thought it was a look of timidness, but Audrey was the furthest thing from timid.
“Oh, sorry,” Kennedy said with a laugh, “this is Audrey,” Kennedy finished and everybody was smiling and shook her hand with a bunch of ‘nice to meet you’s and then Kennedy finished, “She’s my best friend from New York.” And two important smiles fell instantaneously and Kennedy bit her bottom lip.
Alex and Jack were both staring at her as if to say ‘why would you bring her here?’ and Kennedy just looked at the ground. No one else noticed a thing partially because Lisa was talking with Audrey.
“I love your outfit, where’d you get it?” Lisa asked being completely nice.
Audrey scoffed, “It’s Dolce – I don’t think you’d be able to afford it,” Audrey said and Lisa’s face fell.
“What’s… Dolce?” she asked and Kennedy had to stifle a laugh.
Audrey looked at her in disgust, “Are you kidding?” she asked, eyeing all of the people around her.
“No?” Lisa asked, looking down at her pathetic 15 dollar jeans and 10 dollar t-shirt.
“Dolce and Gabbana? It’s only one of the most high end fashions in New York,” Audrey informed her and Lisa nodded then backed off.
“Look at you, Kennedy,” Jack said and it made Alex pay attention as his eyes swept over her and Kennedy could see the lust in his eyes and a smile played at her lips for his sake.
“I can’t believe you still have that shirt,” Alex said and licked his lips and Audrey was watching how they interacted with each other to make sure that Alex was really in love with her best friend. Alex’s arm slipped off of Lisa and pulled Kennedy into a hug. Lisa sucked in a breath and Kennedy could tell that she was jealous.
Kennedy’s and Alex’s heads were buried next to each other and Alex kept whispering, “I love you, I’m sorry I’m making you do this,” and she just kept kissing his neck without anybody having a clue.
They pulled away and her eyes darted to the ground before darting over to Jack’s and a smile played on his lips that said he knew what had just happened.
“You look good in that outfit, Kenne. It’s good to see you dressing like your old self,” Jack acknowledged as Alex finished inspecting the rest of her outfit.
She smiled at him, “Thanks, Jack,” she said as Audrey reached into her Louis Vuitton purse and grabbed something. Kennedy looked over to see what it was and saw that she had a pack of cigarettes.
“You want one?” Audrey asked Kennedy, offering the pack to her.
“I’m trying to kick the habit,” Kennedy informed everybody. Nobody had noticed that she had quit smoking and at first it kind of irritated her, but she realized that it was a silly thing to be irritated about.
“Since when?” Audrey scoffed and lit her own and the smell of the smoke made Kennedy swoon. She laughed and grabbed the pack out of Audrey’s hand and grabbed herself a death stick and lit it up and took a deep drag and let it out slowly and she felt so good. “Isn’t it better after you stop for a little while?” Audrey asked, taking her pack back and putting them back in her bag.
“You know that smoking can kill you, right?” Lisa asked and Kennedy and Audrey exchanged looks.
“No, I had no idea,” Audrey said sarcastically, but apparently Lisa didn’t catch on to the sarcasm and Kennedy laughed.
“So,” Jack slid up to Audrey, “what’s it like in New York?” he asked her and Kennedy laughed to herself while she felt Alex get a little closer to her even though Lisa was draped on him. He touched her butt lightly and she smiled and bit her lip.
“Uh, it’s gorgeous,” Audrey answered and turned back to Jack. They started in on their own private conversation and Kennedy laughed again. So much for Jack being in love with Lisa. Kennedy turned to look at Lisa’s reaction and saw that she was looking at Jack and Kennedy knew that look – it was the look that Kennedy always gave to Alex whenever he was with Lisa and her at the same time, but he was affectionate with Lisa.
“Hey guys?” Alex asked to get everybody’s attention, “Kennedy and I are going to go somewhere for a few minutes. Does anybody want anything to drink or eat?” Alex asked as he pulled away from Lisa and pushed Kennedy forward.
“We are?” Kennedy asked, stumbling over herself and Alex grabbed her before she fell. “Thanks,” she whispered.
“I need to talk to you alone,” Alex whispered so low that no one else could hear.
“I can come with you, Alex,” Lisa said and Alex had a look of apprehension on his face.
“It’s alright. Stay here and talk with Kara,” Alex told her and he and Kennedy started walking away. They walked into the deserted hallways and Alex didn’t say a word.
“Alex, where are we going?” Kennedy asked and was jogging slightly to keep up with him and he chuckled and let out one of his crooked smiles.
He was searching for something and he finally stopped at a door and opened it and walked in. Kennedy followed him and he pushed the door shut before turning to Kennedy and slamming his body against hers which sent her being slammed against the back of the door while Alex pressed his lips to hers and she responded immediately.
Alex moved away from her lips and down her neck, “This is what you needed to talk to me about?” Kennedy gasped as Alex grabbed her waist and pulled her up so that her legs were wrapped around his hips.
Alex moved her over to a lone desk that looked like an old teachers desk and her dropped Kennedy on it while she stripped off his shirt.
“Kennedy, you need to stop this,” Alex said while Kennedy kissed down his chest now.
She looked up at him and paused, confused, “You don’t want to have sex with me right now?” she asked and Alex gave her a confused look then it dawned on him.
“No, no, that’s not what I meant,” he told her quickly, “I meant you need to stop dressing so sexy because we can’t have quickies in the closet all the time,” he told her and she went back to kissing his chest until she made it to his pants and then she quickly unbuttoned and unzipped them and threw them down to his ankles and he laughed.
He pushed her back and she laughed but then hit her head on the wall and started laughing even harder while Alex stood there, “I’m sorry,” he said over and over again. “Are you okay?” he asked and she nodded while she kept laughing.
“I’m fine, don’t worry about it,” she told him.
“Are you sure?” he asked and bit his lip.
“I’m positive,” she said and they started kissing again and she wrapped her legs around his hips to bring him closer. She could feel his boner through her jeans and he stripped her shirt off over her head and set it neatly beside her and she raised an eyebrow at him.
“I don’t want to ruin it – it looks good on you,” he said and then started kissing her tummy and it made her giggle.
“I’m not a little girl,” she told him and he grabbed her tits.
“Oh, I know you’re not a little girl,” he told her and she laughed and smacked his hand away. They started kissing again when the door flew open and Kennedy turned to see who it was.
Kennedy couldn’t tell because it was so dark, but whoever it was quickly rushed in and shut the door behind them.
“What are you doing here?” Jack’s voice hissed at Kennedy and Alex.
“Um, well, we were about to have sex,” Alex said as though it were obvious and Kennedy smacked his chest. “What? It’s true,” Alex said in his defense.
“What are you doing here, Jack?” Kennedy asked but didn’t bother to cover up her half naked body because it wasn’t anything he hadn’t seen before.
“And me,” Audrey’s voice spoke up and Kennedy’s face dropped as she then grabbed her shirt and started putting it on. At Audrey’s voice, Alex started to panic as well as he pulled his pants up and buttoned and zipped them and Jack tossed him his shirt.
“What are you two doing here?” Kennedy hissed now because she was upset that two of her best friends had just ruined her chances of getting laid.
“Um… well… we - ”Jack tried to say something but he wasn’t making any sense.
“Oh my god, we came here to have sex,” Audrey finished for Jack and Jack’s eyes widened.
“You met each other like two minutes ago,” Kennedy scolded Audrey and Audrey rolled her eyes and crossed her arms across her chest.
“So? You and I have done worse… way worse,” Audrey reminded Kennedy and Kennedy felt her cheeks go hot.
“So are you guys going to stay here?” Alex asked, trying to push them out so that Alex and Kennedy could finish.
“Well, we could all just stay here. Have a foursome – if there is such a thing. Kennedy and I had a threesome with a guy so I’m sure we could manage to please both of you,” Audrey said and Kennedy was mortified. Kennedy hadn’t told Alex how promiscuous she was while she had been in New York, but she was pretty sure he had a good idea now.
Apparently that was the last straw for Alex because he looked at Kennedy with angry eyes then shook his head and bolted out of the room. She let out a sigh, “Alex wait!” she yelled after him and he slammed the door in her face, but she threw it open and continued to run after him.
She caught up with him and grabbed his arm.
“Leave me alone, Kennedy,” he demanded and pushed her back and sent her flying to the ground. She let out a little gasp of pain as she hit her tail bone on the tile and Alex looked instantly sorry.
“Oh my god,” he said as he raced to her side, “Are you okay?”
“I’m fine,” she said and he sat down next to her in the hallway.
“Sorry I freaked out on you. I don’t know what it is about that girl, but she really likes to push peoples buttons and it looks like she found mine,” Alex said and Kennedy didn’t entirely understand why he was upset.
Kennedy let out a sigh. "She likes to know peoples limitations, you know, how far she can push people until they snap? She just found yours so I'm sure she won't cross that line again... unless you hurt me in some way," Kennedy explained and Alex nodded.
"I would never hurt you... on purpose," he told her and she let out an other sigh.
“Why are you so mad?” she asked in a calm voice.
“Because I hate thinking of you having sex with anybody but me. It sends me into a fit of jealousy and I hate it, Kenne,” he told her and she nodded.
“I’m sorry, but I can’t take back what I did in New York,” she told him and she genuinely was sorry. She knew that he got jealous which is why she didn’t tell him that she’d had sex with more people than were at Woodstock while she was in New York.
“I know, but you’re not going to sleep with anybody else but me right now, are you?” he asked and she looked up at his puppy eyes.
“No, I only want you,” she told him and he let out his crooked smile again. “We should probably get back,” she told him.
“I don’t want to go back. I don’t want to see Lisa again. I just want to be alone with you for the rest of the summer and I never want you to leave my side,” he told her and she smiled.
“I wish we could do that,” she told him.
♠ ♠ ♠
wew! chapter 20! yay!
haha.
anyway, I know this is a lame chapter but I still want six comments on it because I only got four on my last chapter. =[
sorry it took me a few days longer than I was planning on updating. when I don't get a lot of comments it doesn't make me want to update the story so I just kind of did nothing... haha. anyway. hope you like it. =]