Sequel: Now I'm Haunted
Status: Working on it.

How to Save a Life While Messing With Fate...

Ch.1 offically!

NICK’S POV
I looked out the window to my one bedroom apartment and just watched the rain. The more I continued to stare the more depressed I got; I soon felt fresh hot tears run down my tired face. What am I going to do? I cannot find a job, I barely have any money, and no one cares for me. I have not shown any emotions since the night Miley left me…it is all coming out now. I do not know what to do anymore, I feel like my life will never get better…it is basically over and I‘m only twenty-five.
I brushed the tears off trying to keep my masculinity, but it no use…I cannot shake the burning pain coming from within me. I ran my shaky hands through my messy, dirty curls with empty thoughts. I know I need to shower and check my sugar but I can’t bring myself to do anything but look out the only small window in my place; magically my feet somehow picked up my weak self and started to walk out the door into the cold rain.
I stopped after walking for God knows how long through a completely baffled stated. I looked around to realize I had walked about six miles to the huge bridge that leads into Chicago. I walked a bit further wondering why I came here. I looked over the edge of the bridge and watched the heavy raindrops hit the water. The water looks so peaceful, yet dark…did I come here in the thought of committing suicide? That maybe a good idea, I have nothing to live for anyways.
I moved my sopping wet curls from my face and looked over again,…my mind went blank again. I have no second-guessing, nothing to leave behind, and certainly no one who is going to care if I die. If I jumped I do not think it would take more than thirty seconds for me to die, I am sure hitting the water would instantly kill me because the bridge is so high. So this is it, no turning back now I hopped up onto the bars on the side of the bridge, stood, and held on to the light pole. Now or never I though as I looked down to the dark gray water…

STACI’S POV
I let out a huge sigh after crying, my head is all cloudy and it feels like it weighs a hundred pounds. I finally gained the strength to pick up my twisted self and walked into the kitchen of my apartment to get a glass of water. I looked out the window to see it pouring, it seemed so peaceful…I wish my life could be peaceful for once.

RINGGGGGGGGGGGGG

My heart sunk as I heard my cell phone ring, I wiped my tears away and looked to see the number I was dreading, Erin’s mom. I took a deep breath and answered my phone.

“SHE’S GONE!”- Her mother sobbed into the phone.
“I can’t believe she’s actually gone, it’s all my fault”- I started to cry again.
“No honey, her apartment was broken into by the city gang! You couldn’t have known!”- She cried.
“I have to go, but I’ll be at the funeral, I promise.”- I started to choke.
“Staci!!”- I hung up the phone before she could finish.
AGAIN! Just another person to add to my list! I can do this anymore! No one should have to go through this, seriously this was not a gift…I’M NEVER HAVING ANOTHER VISION BECAUSE I AM NEVER GETTING CLOSE TO ANYONE EVERY AGAIN! I think I need to be in a Psych. Ward.

FML how is it possible to have another vision? I have no one! I can feel the vision coming, this isn’t fair! I let myself drop from mental weakness onto my knees as the vision took over my brain. My head soon filled with the image of a day just like today. It was very windy and it was raining cats and dogs. The setting was the main bridge leading into Chicago…only two miles away from my place. This vision was more clear then the normal first ones, maybe this is a way of seeing myself die.
I scanned the scene for the sight of my body…nothing! I looked up a little to see the back of a curly haired boy. Are you kidding?!?!?! I don’t know anyone with curly brown hair, this has to be some sick joke! I couldn’t see his whole face but I could see that he had the little dipper on the right side of face. I know I’ve never met this guy before, but I feel like I’ve seen him before. I could tell he was in a chaotic state, he was going to jump, end his life right there. I wonder why, he’s young, probably my age give or take a year. His life can’t be as bad as mine. I’m pretty sure I’m the only freak who sees their loved ones deaths.
I don’t get why I’m seeing this…I don’t know why I care. I don’t know him, what’s he to me? I can’t shake this weird feeling of wanting desperately for him not to jump. I continued to watch, he started to hesitate but started to jump. I felt my heart stop and break at the same time. My body jolted back into the real world. Wow! I know this is weird and probably won’t work but I felt as if I need to save this guy. I don’t feel like it’s his time. But at the same time, I feel like I’m playing God and messing with fate. Preventing deaths has never worked for me in the past.
I really have nothing to lose, if I can’t save this guy I’m just going to jump after him, then I’ll really have no more visions. I feel like this event is going to happen within the next thirty minutes, I can’t let one more death happen on my watch…maybe none of the deaths that I’ve seen were really supposed to happen. I ran out the door to my apartment and started running in the cold rain to try to save this mystery man.