Stranded

Ray to the Rescue

"Alright. I dare you to find Ray's knife. He says he lost it a few hours ago, and we're going to have trouble getting dinner without it. So...go. And don't come back until you find it. Ray said he'll go with you, to show the area he think he dropped it in. It's not the most interesting...but I'm getting hungry and I want fish. So go." Britney said. "Your turn to dare Mikey." And with that, Carol and Ray were off.

"Gee...thanks for making me do your chores for you, Toro." Carol said, pretty pissed.

"Um...my knife's right here." Ray said, pullling the knife out of his pocket. "I just figured you needed saving from a stubborn, practically bald Britney. In about half an hour we can go back and say you found it." Carol just looked at Ray. She hadn't talked with him much since they got on the island...but she had new respect for him now.

"Um...thanks for that." Carol said. She was blushing.

"No problem. So...we haven't really talked much, have we?" Ray asked, seeing her blushing face.

"No...not really. So...um...I like your hair." Carol said, trying to think up something to say.

"Uh, thanks. I get that a lot." Ray said, looking at his afro, kind of like a parent to a child.

"I bet you do." Carol said with a chuckle. "So...um...your seeing someone, right?"

"Yeah...you do too...right? I remember you mentioning him." Ray said, looking at his feet.

"Yeah...I miss him. I really do...a part of me thinks it might be through...but I hope not." Carol said, tears starting to form.

"Don't worry...things will be fine. Don't cry." Ray said, giving her a hug for comfort, to which she latched on, sobbing. Then after a few minutes, she pulled away.

"I'm sorry...I know I sound like a crybaby...or a Britney. It just...it hurts. I miss him...we're engaged...and who knows where he thinks I am? Maybe he gave up...and is with someone else."

"Let's just worry about getting off the island...you'll be fine. Trust me...I miss my girlfriend too. It's hard, I know." Ray said. Then about thirty minutes later, they walked back with the knife Carol "found", and they prepared dinner.

"