Stranded

No Food (and Some Other Conflict...)

It had been a few hours, and Ray and Carol still had not found food.

"We're never going to find food. We have looked at every stupid inch of this island...and have found absolutely nothing, except for some this lovely rock right here." Carol said, sitting on the rock. Ray then sat next to her.

"Yeah...this was a stupid dare. You really can go back if you want." Ray said, looking at Carol.

"No....I'll stick it out with you...although if we actually DO find food, I'm thinking we should hide some aside just for ourselves." Carol said,

"Yeah...definately." Ray chuckled. Then he looked at Carol again. "So...uh...what do you do for a living, you never mentioned it. Ray said, suddenly thinking of their song "I Never Told You What I Do for a Living."

"Um...I'm kind of in between jobs at the time. I was working as a waitress...but I quit. I really want to do more than that." Carol said, looking down. She wished she could be something more like Ray. Not necessarily "rock star"....but something better. Something special.

"That's awesome....so, what about Britney?"

"She's still working at the restaurant...although she's practically on the verge of quitting herself. She doesn't want to be a waitress her whole life either."

"Cool....and really, I appreciate you helping me. Are you positive that you don't want to go back?" Ray asked Carol, who was looking tired and cold.

"No...I said I'd help and I'm helping. Besides...." Carol trailed off. Ray looked at her once again, seeing her look away.

"Besides....what?" Ray asked.

"Besides...I really like being with you. I can't explain it. I have been missing my boyfriend even more lately, but I haven't as much now that you guys have come here. Especially you." Carol said. Then, Ray scooted close to Carol, and before they both knew it, they were kissing.