Stranded

Fun Doesn't Last

The kissing lasted almost a minute, when Carol pulled away.

"This is wrong." Ray was still kissing the air when she said this. He snapped out of it.

"What? Oh...yeah. You're right." Ray said, confused.

"It's just we don't want to do anything we'll regret. If we ever get off this island...WHEN we get off this island....we don't want to have to deal with the consequences because of one night." Carol said, getting up, following that with a walk back to the campfire. Ray ran up to her.

"Wait...so that's it...we're done?" Ray asked.

"I....Ray. Let me ask you something. Do you love your girlfriend?" Carol asked.

"Of course I do...but-"

"You don't want to have any regrets over one night of weakness. I get it...it gets lonely. But I'm still optimistic that we'll get off this island, that I'll get to marry the person I love. Ray, I like you...alot, and if I weren't engaged, and you weren't, I wouldn't have stopped it. But I still want to get married when I get home. I'm sorry." Carol said, walking back to the campfire. This time, Ray didn't stop her. He thought about how much he loved his girlfriend, and how he'd hate to lose her. Then he walked back to the campfire, following Carol.

"Hey guys, did you find new food?" Gerard asked.

"No...nothing." Carol said. Surprisingly, nobody argued.

"Sit down, it's your turn Ray." Britney said.

"Fine...BOB...truth or dare?" Ray asked Bob.

"Truth." Bob said.

"Tell me...what does it feel like to have a leg on fire?" Ray asked.

"Oh...wonderful. You should really try it sometime." Bob said, looking around.

"Carol. Truth or dare?" Bob asked.

"Dare." Carol said. She was feeling a lot better.

"Okay Carol...I dare you to..." Bob asked, thinking. "I dare you to kiss Ray...you two seem to be spending a lot of time together." Everyone started laughing, besides Ray and Carol. They just looked at eachother warily."