Stranded

Let Me Break This Awkward Silence

Gerard, hesitantly, walked towards Ray and his brother, petrified. They hadn't talked for a long time...and he just knew this would be awkward as hell. As he got closer, he could hear them talking about goldfish.

"I've been thinking about maybe buying one." He heard Ray say. Gerard turned around...he couldn't do this. He saw Carol, along with Brittany, Frank, and Bob, glaring at him. He winced and turned back towards Ray and Mikey. This would be scary, as well as awkward, but it was something he had to do. Without even thinking, legs started moving him towards them. He was going to do this.

"Hey...uh...Mikey. Ray. Can...can I talk to you two a minute?" He asked, practically whispering.

"Yeah...I-" Mikey started...suddenly letting out a slight gasp when he realized it was Gerard.

"Oh." He said quietly. Ray just looked at the two brothers, not saying anything. He wanted to see what Gerard had to say.

"I just...I wanted to say I'm sorry. For everything that happened. I know it's hard on these islands...without Lyn-z I've been lonely too. I just wanted you two to know I don't judge you for those events...and I'm sorry about the way things down, and for this damn silent treatment. I'm just...I'm just sorry." He said, sighing. Mikey and Ray just looked at him, not saying anything. Well, it was worth a shot. Gerard turned away and slowly walked toward the others, tears starting to come to his eyes. Suddenly, he heard running, and felt to arms wrap around his chest. He turned around...it was Mikey, grinning and hugging his brother. He returned the hug...knowing that things would be fine. He looked over and saw that Ray, although not quite as excited as Mikey, was grinning up at him, giving him a thumbs up.

"I'm sorry too...we both are." Mikey said, motioning to Ray.

"These past days have been a living hell for us." Ray added, walking towards Gerard, not hugging, but giving a friendly pat on the back. Things were going to be good on the island....for now.

"Gummy bears or jelly beans?" Ray asked. Everyone was playing "this or that."

"Bears." Mikey said.

"Beans." Gerard said, eyeing his brother.

"Neither. Skittles." Frank said, grinning.

"Alright, alright...uh...what's worse: Getting kicked in the nuts or a burn on your leg?" Ray asked ever-so-bluntly.

"Nuts." Gerard said.

"Burn." Bob said. The two guy looked at eachother, challenging their choices.

"You can't be serious, Bob." Gerard said.

"Oh yes I can." Bob said, looking at Gerard.

"Balls hurt more." Gerard said.

"Yeah...but the leg is more dangerous and longer lasting." Bob said.

"You call the possibility of being infertile not long lasting?" Gerard asked.

"Oh you can still have kids...although I can't imagine that." Bob said, starting to think.

"What? Me and kids?" Gerard said.

"Well...yeah. You just don't seem like the "father type." Bob said.

"Hey...I can be the "father type." Not necessarily now, but maybe one day." Gerard said.

"Hey...hey Ray, can you imagine Gerard with kids?" Bob asked.

"Nope." He said, not even looking up.

"Gee, thanks a lot, Toro." Gerard said.

"Hey...c'mon you guys...Gerard would make a great father." Brittany started. Everyone looked at her.

"Really...you think?" Mikey asked.

"Yeah. He would buy his son his first make up kit...make him an eyeliner hog. Like father, like son." Frank smirked, nudging Gerard.

"Not funny." Gerard said.

"But it kind of is." Frank said. The others started getting into an argument of whether or not Gerard would have kids, and how he would raise them. Then, suddenly, they heard a low growling sound. It sounded like an animal...a dangerous animal.