Stranded

Dead!(?) (Part One.)

"What's the matter with Frank?" Britney asked Gerard, concerned.

"I'm not positive...but I have a feeling I might know...unfortunately." Gerard said with a sickly tone. While the others slept, Britney, Gerard, and Bob rushed over to Frank. Yep. Gerard knew it. There, lying on the ground, was a very bloody chicken-duck.

"Bert..." Frank muttered, bursting into tears.

"Oh no..." Gerard moaned, going to comfort Frank.

"Britney, although not QUITE as devastated as Frank, couldn't help but tear up at the unfortunate sight of the mangled bird. She looked around, seeing if she could find the animal. It was obvious to everyone who did it. If that animal was smart, they'd stay clear of here. Vegan or not, Frank was human. And if he was that upset when his shoulder was bitten, Britney couldn't even FATHOM the hate Frank would have for that creature now...whatever it was.

The others were starting to wake up, and they all went to see what the gathering was about.

"Oh my god!" Carol said, gasping at the sight of Bert.

"Wow." Ray said.

"What the hell happened here?" Mikey asked. He glanced over everyone, all taken back and teary eyed. But what really broke his heart was the sight of Frank. Frank and Bert truly annoyed him, but now that Bert was gone...he realized how happy it made Frank. And watching Frank just sit there and sob...was just so heartbreaking, even more so than the chicken-duck's death itself. Wait...was it even dead?

"Have...?" Mikey started, trying to find the words. You have to admit, it's hard to talk at the sight of something like this.

"Have any of you even checked to make SURE it's dead?" Mikey asked, coughing and looking down.

"C'mon Mikey...LOOK at it! It's fine...we won't be annoying YOU anymore...you should be happy!" Frank said through his tears.

"Hey. C'mon Frank...this is tragic, but don't go attacking the innocent." Gerard said, patting Frank's back. Ignoring what Frank said, Mikey studied the chicken-duck. Sometimes things could appear worse than they actually are. Once, he had this giant dark spot on his leg, out of absolutely nowhere. He was convinced he had some sort of rare disease he looked up online, or something worse. When he went to the doctor, he found out it was just that one night Alicia kicked him in her sleep, and it just left a mark. Mikey had his doubts, but he had to try. For Frank.

The bassist slowly walked up to the Bert, in a feathery and blood mess. He edged his way closer to the creature, and moved his head closer. It was faint, very faint, almost non-existent. But it was something. And something, at this point, was enough.

"Frank...uh...I hear something." Mikey said. Frank turned around, then looked back. glaring.

"This is no time for stupid games you asshole!" He said, teary eyed, through gritted teeth.

"No...from the duck...I mean Bert. I heard...." Mikey started.

"What? What did you hear?" Frank said, hope rising in his chest.

"I heard.....a heartbeat." Mikey said, glancing down at Bert, then at Frank, who was beaming with hope for his beloved pet.