Stranded

Bert's Secret, Part 2

"Wow..." Ray muttered, looking to Frank. Bert layed down, sitting next to three baby Chicken-ducks.

"How...?" Gerard started to ask, looking at Mikey.

"I thought Bert was a boy." Mikey said.

"I thought so too....I guess not." Frank said, puzzled.

"Well, this is good...I've been dying for SOMETHING besides fish." Marty said, licking his lips.

"No! We're not eating them!" Frank yelled.

"Just the babies when they're older...we'll keep Ber-"

"We'll keep them all." Gerard said. Marty started to argue, but Gerard gave him a knowing look. Everyone on the island had their ways of comfort, to make them feel more at home. Gerard and Mikey had eachother, Britney had a harmonica she had with her when they got stranded, Carol, as much as she would deny it, had Marty. Everyone on the island had a few things special to them. Animals were what made Frank feel like he was back at home, even if it was a Chicken-duck. And he wouldn't allow Bert or any of her babies get eaten, even if they were more of an inconvenience.

"Fine." Marty said simply.

"But still...how could we not of known Bert was a female?" Bob asked.

"I guess I was just oblivious...but this doesn't change anything." Frank said, holding Bert and her new babies.

"Should we call her Roberta? Or just Berta? Or what...?" Britney asked.

"Hmmm...maybe, uh, Boberta?" Bob said.

"...Or Sammy?"

"...Pepper?"

"...Michelle?"

Everyone was calling out random names. Frank though about it.

"Y'know what? I think I'll just stick with Bert." Frank said.

"Really?" Gerard asked, never too fond of the name himself.

"Yeah...it's unique. A guys name for a girl...I kind of like it." Mikey said. And with that, Frank walked to the fire, with Bert and the other Chicken-ducks following.

"Wait..." Gerard said. Frank stopped.

"What?" Frank asked.

"What'll you name Bert's three babies?" (Hee hee I don't why that strikes me as funny.)

"Hmmm...I don't know. What should we name them?" Frank asked the others.

"I think we should name the short one Johnny, that other one Zacky, and the one running around in circles Jimmy." Britney said with a grin. Everyone nodded. **

"Where'd you get those names from, Brit?" Carol asked.

"I dunno...they just sounded good I guess." Britney said, with a hint of a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
**I named the babies after Avenged Sevenfold members, in case you didn't get that.