Stranded

She's Having a Baby

"So....you ARE pregnant?" Marty asked.

"Yes." Carol said simply.

"Who's the father?" Bob asked. Marty flashed him a look.

"That....would be Marty. It'd be impossible for it to be anyone else." Carol said.

"How do you figure?" Frank said, after realizing how dumb he sounded.

"Well...Marty's the only one I've ever....uh...well, YOU figure it out." Carol said. Britney and Mikey got it right away, but it took the others a minute.

"Oh..." They all said in unison.

"HOW old are you again?" Frank asked.

"I know it's not common to see, but we've been together forever. I'm not the type of person to just sleep with someone just for the sake of doing so. It's got to mean more..." She said, looking at Marty.

"So...you're *sure* that you are pregnant?" Ray asked.

"Yeah....positive." Carol said.

"How do you know? There are no pregnancy tests on this island....are there?" Bob asked.

"Uh...I just have ways of knowing." Carol said.

"What kind of ways?" Bob asked. Carol flashed him a "do you REALLY want me to elaborate?" type of look. He thought about it, and realization kicked in.

"Oh..." He said.

"So...you're going to have a baby....on the island....with a man you can't stand. Boy...you sure pick great situations, eh Carol?" Gerard said. He looked around...not the right time for jokes.

"Sorry..." He said, only half meaning it. He thought it was hilarious...he wanted to lighten the mood. He did it with Lyn-Z all the time...and it worked like half the time. So, he figured, there was a fifty percent chance that people will laugh....and a fifty percent chance that Carol will hit you with a rock.
♠ ♠ ♠
Satisfied, Caroline?