Stranded

Talk to Her

Marty was sitting by himself. He needed his space now...and everyone understood...so they let him be. Everyone, that is, except Mikey. Mikey walked to to him and sat down.

"Hi." He said softly.

"Uh." Marty groaned, too deep in his head to actually say something.

"Listen...I'm sorry about how you found out. It's just...it's a tough situation...and I thought if you knew, you might...." Mikey started, stopping himself.

"It's alright...I understand." He said.

"Talk to her." Mikey said.

"What?"

"You heard me."

Marty thought. Instead of responding to that, he had something else to say.

"How are we going to do this?" He asked.

"What?" Mikey responded, taken slightly off guard.

"How are we going to have baby, something so demanding, on an island?"

"I don't kn-"

"I mean...I love Carol, but she's obviously done with me. And we are both going to have a baby..." Marty said as if Mikey wasn't even there.

"Well...you're aren't *really* having the baby..." Mikey said.

"I know...but it's still mine. How in the hell is this going to work?" He asked.

"I think you need to talk to Carol." Mikey said.

"I don't think I-"

"Listen. From what I can tell, Alicia might be pregnant, but she's far away so I have no way of knowing. If I could talk to her about it I'd give anything for it. You have your oppurtunity...so stop being so small and take it while you still have a chance. It'll be hard...but if you two work together it will be MUCH better." Mikey said. Marty was about to argue, then he stopped. He thought about Mikey's words. Without saying anything else, he got up to find Carol.

"Good going." Mikey said softly to Marty (so he couldn't hear it) as he walked away.