Stranded

Just Friends

Carol woke up, smiling. It had been a long time since she had slept that well. She looked over to Marty and smiled, kissing his head. Then she got up and got herself some fish.

She couldn't tell the exact time, but she estimated it was about five in the morning. They had gone to bed so early that she was wide awake, even at this hour. It was so calm this particular morning, and the sun was starting to rise. Grabbing her fish, she quickly cooked it. Leaning back against a rock, she started biting while glancing at the calming sunrise and-

"WHAT HAPPENED WITH MARTY??" Someone shouted behind her. Nearly choking on her fish she turned around. Gerard. OF course.

"You scared the crap out of me, Gerard...what the hell do you want?" Carol said, heart beating about a thousand times a minute.

"We all found you asleep with Marty...what happened?" Gerard said, sitting next to her.

"Wha....? You saw us?" Carol asked, feeling slightly embarrassed.

"Don't worry about it...it was cute." Gerard said. "But seriously, what happened? Are you two back together or what?" Gerard asked. He wouldn't usually be this interested, but stranded on an island, there was very little entertainment.

"We talked about what happened. I told him the full story of what happened with Ray, and why, basically saying the truth: that I was just lonely. Then he explained that he'd missed me so much that hearing about that, especially without knowing the whole story, just really got to him." Carol said.

"So...you two are back on?" Gerard asked.

"Nope." Carol said. Gerard's jaw dropped.

"What...? But I thought that-"

"We are just friends...we are taking things slowly. We discussed that, making one day - if the timing is right, we may possibly get back with eachother. But right now, we are just good friends...."

"...that are having a baby." Gerard said with a smile.

"We think this is best with the whole situation....both for us and little Leslie or Andy."

"Is Leslie the boy or the girl?" Gerard asked.

"The boy, dammit!" Carol said with a smile. "I'm more tired than I thought I was." Carol said with a yawn. "I'm going back to bed." She said. And with that, she was gone. Gerard got up and walked to get some fish. Suddenly, Britney was behind him, catching her own.

"So...Marty and Carol are still apart?" Britney said.

"No...they are together." Gerard said with a smirk.

"What? But I heard her say that-"

"Trust me. I saw the smile she had on...she was totally full of it." Gerard said. Britney walked off with her fish, very confused. Was he right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay Caroline, NO MORE PRODDING.