Stranded

Shamed

Gerard dragged Mikey to a rock and sat him down. Mikey got started right away (much like Gerard had the night before...jerk.)

"What the hell were you thinking?!" Mikey yelled.

"I know..." Gerard said. His head was down....he couldn't even look at his brother. He was so ashamed.

"You kept this secret from me, and did it so you could get a little action? Gerard....you made me feel like crap about the Britney situation when we hadn't even DONE anything! And you were right! How COULD you?" Mikey said. He was breaking down into tears. It might sound a little overdramatic, but Gerard was his hero. It felt like a hero had let him down.

Gerard had started to cry too...he obviously had many reasons.

"Who is she? What was so important to keep a secret...from me?" Mikey said in between sobs.

"Her...her name is Lacey. About a week or so ago I..." Gerard started. He was breaking into even heavier sobs by now. He regained composure as much as he possibly could, and started talking again.

"...One day a week ago I was walking to get an apple, and she grabbed me. She told me she didn't want anyone else to know that she was on the island...she's very shy..." Gerard started. Mikey laughed sardonically.

"Obviously not TOO shy if she would-"

"Let me finish. She didn't want to even let me know she was here...but she needed food. And she was sick of sneaking it at night...afraid of who would catch her. So I offered to help...I understand what it's like to be nervous...and I sympathized. And then..."

"She did *you* a favor by sucking your-"

"Mikey!" Gerard yelled.

"...I was going to say "face"...although I'm sure you two did more than that." Mikey said.

"We only did it, like, five or so time, and I-"

"FIVE TIMES? Gerard...you said you met her a WEEK ago. Don't you have ANY self control?" Mikey yelled, crying even more.

"I...I'm sorry....I...." Gerard started.

"Hmmm...."Lacey"....sounds like the name of someone else....who would *that* be?" Mikey asked himself facetiously.

"Stop it, okay. I feel bad enough as it is...but what you said about being "weak" a few months ago...you were right. I was lonely...I missed Lyn-z like hell. And...of course nothing compares to my wife, but...I thought if I did this it would fill a 'void'".....Gerard said.

"And did it?" Mikey asked. "Honestly?" Gerard looked at him. More tears came to his eyes.

"No..." Gerard said. He suddenly broke out into even bigger sobs, and grabbed Mikey, crying into his should. Mikey just hugged his brother. He thought what he did was absolutely horrible...but he WAS still his brother, and he loved him. He could lecture him more later...but he did know what he meant about the loneliness, and he empathized.

"I love Lyn-z SO much....I don't want to hurt her." Gerard moaned into Mikey's shoulder.

"I know." Mikey said.

It was later. The tears were done...but unfortunately, the guilt was still there. Gerard and Mikey were still far from everyone else, talking about what happened.

"First off, you need to end it with Lacey. You can still get her to food, but none of the other stuff. You yourself said it meant nothing." Mikey said.

"I know...and it really didn't. It was so...meaningless." Gerard said.

"Sex is like that if you feel nothing for the person." Mikey said. "If we get off this island, you NEED to tell Lyn-z. Maybe if this had happened when you two were together and off this island, she wouldn't be forgiving. But if you are honest, and tell her about the loneliness...she just might. Lyn-z is sweet...she might be understanding." Mikey said.

"I was thinking of her the whole time." Gerard said.

"Okay...well that's just creepy. Now, if you promise to tell Lyn-z, and end it with Lacey (gosh...those names ARE a little similar, huh?) then I will promise to not mention it again....or tell Lacey I know about her on the island. Clear?" Mikey asked.

"Crystal." Gerard said. "Are you still ashamed?" Gerard asked, tearing up a little again.

"More than you know...I love you, Gerard, but I never thought you would get this low. If ANYONE else on this island had done this. I would have been sad. But you? It's devastating." Mikey said. "But, if you get this under control, my opinion of you might strengthen again. Now, I have to go eat, I haven't eaten for hours. And you know what YOU have to do, right?" Mikey asked. Gerard nodded, head low in shame again.

"Then I'm going to go." Mikey said. He walked away.