The Wicked End

Good News... Or Bad News?

Image

It had been days since we'd been trapped in there. Or, at least, it felt like days. There was nothing to do but sleep or eat. The pain in my leg hadn't sharpened or dulled, but it was still very much there all the same.

Matt had come up with some sort of time counter by digging lines into one of the steel walls with a hammer and nail he found in the box of tools. He checked his watch from his place next to me on the mattress and slowly got up, going over to that place on the wall.

"What's the count?" I asked groggily since I'd just woken up.

"Weve been stuck here for three days. It's midnight, going into day four," he said, picking up the nail and hammer and chiseling another tic mark next to the other two that were already in place.

I sighed. "I wish we could just get out of here. Can't we dig ourselves out?" I asked.

"See, that wouldn't work. It's piled up higher than the door out there, so if I were to open the door and start pulling at things left and right, it would cave on me. Not a good plan anymore, is it?" Matt asked. I didn't answer.

He walked over to an empty corner of the room and stood there, mumbling. I couldn't hear what he was saying, but he'd been doing that a lot; talking to himself. I was starting to worry that he was going mental.

"I'm so bored," I sighed again, sliding my right foot as far up the wall as I could while I was lying down. I'd tried to occupy myself so I didn't start thinking bogus things to paranoy myself. Like how much oxygen we had left in the room. Surely Matt had thought that we'd run out of air when he'd done the food calculations. I hoped he had. Suffocating to death wasn't a goal of mine.

"I wanna fuck," Matt growled from across the room. That voice turned me on.

"So do I,' I said, looking over at him. Matt got up and strolled over to the mattress, pushing my leg off the wall and back onto the bed.

"Good," he growled again as he got on top of me, being careful of my left leg, and kissed me. I slowly closed my eyes and sighed as I wrapped my arms around Matt's neck.

We kissed for quite some time before he started to shed our clothing. He pulled the one sheet over us up to his torso, so my bare chest was wide open for him. He lowered his head, running his tongue slowly across my nipple, and I sucked in a deep breath. There was just something about him...

As his mouth was still attached to my skin, his one hand disappeared from beside me. I felt him shove two fingers into me, and I moaned loudly, throwing my head back into the pillow as he moved them around cleverly. He moved with great speed, and my back arched as I squeezed my eyes shut and opened my mouth.

He removed his fingers after some time, but replaced them quickly with his member, earning a gasp from me.

"Ohhhh," I whined as he started off at a fast pace. He would continually brush against my spot with such precision, but would never stay right on it; he was teasing me.

"Oh fuck, oh fuck," I gasped, clawing at Matt's back. He growled a moan into my ear and I shuddered, tightening up around him, adding to the pleasure.

Finally, Matt stopped teasing and continuously pounded into my spot. My back arched as the pleasure too over me. "Oh Go--owwwwwww," I moaned, Matt cutting me off as he dug his teeth into my neck. I could feel him spilling inside me and he rode out his orgasm for a couple minutes before pulling out of me. I laid there panting; I was sore and battered but entirely satisfied anyways. Matt sure knew how to treat a lady.

"Damn... we should have done that forever ago," I sighed. I felt Matt laugh from next to me, and I looked over to see him smiling. He leaned over and kissed my forehead, pulling me gently into his body.

Six days. We still had air. And plenty of it, according to Matt. But we were still trapped, and still bored. Canned food was really not my favorite at the time either.

I felt disgusting too; I hadn't showered since the morning of the day Matt and I got trapped, and I was covered in sex. And after a few days, old sex doesn't smell that great. Trust me.

I was woken up by some weird noise. I didn't know what it was or where it was coming from, but I wanted to find out. So I got up and limped around every part of the room, stopping in front of the door where the sound was the loudest. I held my ear up to it and listened hard. And it kept getting closer. I wanted to open the door and find out but I knew I wouldn't be strong enough to do so, so I turned around to get Matt to do it for me.

As I turned away, I heard a louder sound. Like someone pounding on the door. If someone was really out there, it was a goddamn miracle for sure.

I pressed my ear to the door again. The noise stopped, so I raised my hand and knocked back as hard as I could a couple times before stopping.

There was a pause before the person... or thing... knocked again, but just twice. I knocked back twice again. Another pause. Three knocks. I knocked back three times and waited. Four quick knocks, a pause, and two more quick ones.

I huffed to myself. Whoever was out there was playing a damn game. So I knocked back. Four quick, pause, two quick.

They started another sequence and I got fed up, slamming my hand against the metal in the middle of the sequence. I recoiled my hand in pain. I kinda forgot the door was made of steel.

I limped back over to Matt and tapped him with my foot. "Hey, get up! I think someone is here to rescue us!" I said. He opened his eyes instantly and stood up, running to the door. The person on the other side was still knocking away some obscure pattern. Matt smiled and knocked back with something of his own before he got started with opening the door.

He pulled it open and I was blinded by the sudden immense daylight. I clamped my eyes shut tight, holding my hand up to further shield myself. I tried again, and when I did I saw dust floating around in the light, and a person was stood there, a black silhouette in the light. I blinked a couple times to get my vision right.

"Brian!" I shouted gleefully and hurried over to him as best I could, throwing my arms around him. "How did you know we were in there?" I asked as I pulled away.

"Um... magic?" he questioned, looking quickly at Matt.

"Oh, who cares! I'm just glad you did!" I said happily.

"What happened to your leg?" Brian asked.

"Oh. Well, when that rock landed, something metal flew through the air and landed in my leg, and surge over there pulled it out," I explained.

"Ah... you do realize you two smell horrible right?" Brian laughed.

"Shut up. If you were trapped in there for six days, you'd smell the same," Matt said from behind me.

I turned to Matt. "I'm gonna go up and look around, okay? I'll come back when I'm done," I said.

"Go to Brian's.. that's where we'll be," he replied and then kissed my forehead. "Be careful," he smiled.

"I will. See you later," I said and then carefully headed up the basement steps; surely they were still in tact if Brian had come down them to get us out.

A majority of the house was destroyed. The entire second floor had collapsed, and there was a path through the rubble Brian had cleared on his way through.

I walked through it out to where the font yard would be, and turned around, panning my vision of the neighborhood. Other houses were destroyed, others were okay. In some places, trees were burnt to the ground, the grass scorched; fires probably spread.

I decided to get to higher ground to see if the rest of Huntington looked the same, so I headed down the street towards the closest way out of town where there was a large enough hill.

It took a fair few minutes to get to the hill and it was hard stress on my leg but I finally got there. I regained my breathing and turned around. I gasped.

Buildings crumbled, some still blazing, trees burnt, grass turned brown from flames. As far as I could see, even past the city limits, all the way from the beaches and the ocean to the inland area. It was all destroyed.

"When the first angel blew his trumpet, hail and fire mixed with blood were thrown down on the Earth. A third of the earth, a third of the trees, and a third of all green plants were burned," a calm female voice said from next to me, reciting the Bible. Not expecting any company, I jumped and turned, clutching my chest when I saw a woman around my age standing there.

"Who - who are you?" I asked.

"I'm Sarah. I'm a prophet," she said nonchalantly, as if it wasn't a big deal.

"Oh good... another crazy. Where's Zacky? He's my resident crazy prophet..." I trailed off sarcastically.

"He's busy right now," Sarah replied, "so I was sent in his stead."

"Okay, if you're a prophet, how come you look like a human?" I asked.

"Well, my dear, Zacky and I would look right stupid if we didn't. Besides... it'd be way too obvious," she replied, laughing a little.

"Don't you wear like... white robes... or have wings... or something? Anything?"

"Don't be stupid, darling. I'm not an angel. I'm really more of a spiritual being than anything, and it's only normal that Zack and I take the form of humans. It's less startling. Especially if we're to get you to pay attention and listen. You'd think you were mad if a talking dog waltzed up, spitting out Biblical mumbo-jumbo, now wouldn't you?" Sarah laughed again.

"Well, if you and Zacky really are prophets, you're much less... obscure than he is. He's so confusing."

"Ahh yes... Either way, you should listen to him. He is wise in his ways. Anyways, I've actually been sent here to talk to you. "

"About what?" I asked.

"About what has happened, and to warn you," she replied. "This," she said, holding her arms out to indicate the disaster, "was the actions of the First Trumpet of the Angels. One trumpet will sound for every year of Tribulation until the Battle of Armageddon and the return of Christ... blah blah blah," she said, sounding quite bored.

"You sound like you want to be somewhere else," I said, cutting her off.
,br> "Well, I kind of do," she shrugged.

"...Well, what is it?"

"I'll give you a clue... he's mysterious and he drives you insane with his prophet ramblings," she chuckled.

"..... Dude... are you fucking Zacky?" I asked, completely perturbed.

"Got it in one. God you're smart," Sarah laughed harder. "And now, for the warning. You're pregnant, my dear, and the child you are bearing brings forth nothing but evil. You must be aware of your surroundings at all times; look out for yourself. Zacky wasn't lying when he told you you were the key. You need to watch your back for the Anti-Christ. He's closer than you think," Sarah said.

I turned back to the destruction in front of me. "You know... in a completely morbid way, it's kinda beautiful. The power of nature over civilization, I mean," I said, and looked back at Sarah.

"You're odd," she said as she cocked an eyebrow at me. "Heed my words. Trust me, that's all you need to do," she finished, and then disappeared.

I stood there and thought. What did she mean 'watch my back'? And where was the Anti-Christ, if he's so close by? And how could she know I was pregnant if I didn't even know it myself? If she was in leagues with Zacky, did that make her a liar too? Could I trust her?