Status: Activated. *beep*boop*beep*

Boy Wonder in Love: Second Season

Six: Backwards

Cora and I were making out on my couch. Neither my dad nor Linda were home (obviously) and I was getting pretty riled up (as I usually do). I'd spent a terribly boring hour away from Cora during Jazz band, where I play the bass guitar alongside Minnie (who plays the double bass).

Say what? I don't even want to go into it, but, yes, I am in the extracurricular Jazz band.

Shut up.

Anyway, when Jazz band is over, I go home and call Cora. She usually gets in the Charger and comes on over and then it's make out city, baby! Right then, I was angling to move my hand up under the front of shirt (heading breast-ward).

Cora stopped me, though, and pulled her mouth away to talk to me.

"What's up?" I asked, breathless. She giggled at me and I grinned.

"... do you think I should try out for cheerleading?" Cora asked me. I grinned at her and bent to start kissing her neck.

"I was just joking, Cor. You're way too cool for cheerleading," I muttered while I kissed her long graceful neck. Mm, hickey time, me thinks-

"But isn't cheerleading, like, the cool thing to do here?" Cora asked, a sarcastic tone in her voice.

I shrugged.

"Iunno. You're asking me what's cool?" I mumbled loudly while I kept suckin' on her neck like a vampire. Cora giggled and I felt it vibrate in her throat. I grinned.

"You're right. Sorry," She said. I pinched her sides and she tensed up under me, giggling. I detached myself from her neck to look at her face.

"Did the cool people cheerlead in California?" I asked. Cora made a thoughtful face.

"... no... you know, I don't even know if there were cheerleaders. There was a dance team that did pretty well..." Cora said, trailing off while she remembered.

"What did the popular people do? ... Were you popular in California?? I bet you were. You were, like, top tier popular, right?" I asked curiously, frowning. Cora laughed at me.

"No... what does 'top tier' popular mean?" Cora asked. The back of my neck turned red, signalling my embarrassment.

"Oh... like, you know. At our school now, Brandon and Erica and them are, like, top tier popular. And then the art-sy hipster kids, are, second tier popular. Like that Hayley chick," I said. God I am such a loser. Who notices and analyzes things like that??

Cora was frowning at me and smiling.

"Wow," She said, mocking me.

"Shut up," I said.

Cora sighed and looked past my face at the ceiling, thinking.

"I guess I was... second tier popular?" Cora tried to fit herself into my categories. "But I don't really know. If I had to compare, though, I'd say I was more popular in California than I am here..." she said. I made a face.

"... that's my fault. Sorry," I said. Cora snickered.

"Don't be sorry. I didn't say it made me any less happy, dumbass," she chuckled. I grinned and kissed her.

I don't know many other teenagers who would truly feel that way. If I moved from second tier popular to, like, fifth tier popular, that would bum me out. Or at least give my self esteem a big hit.

Cora kissed me back and then our tongues were a-tangling. Cora is an incredibly sexy kisser- my old girlfriend, April, was a sweet/sensual kind of kisser. Kissing Cora makes you want to have sex with her, kissing April makes you want to cuddle her.

Not that I don't want to cuddle with Cora too. It's just... I dunno... she's just really, really hott.

This time, when I moved my hand up her shirt, she didn't stop me. Ahhh boobs! I love boobs. Cora's hands moved under my shirt, touching the small of my back. I broke from our intense kissing to yank off my t-shirt. I tossed it to the side and then immediately planted my mouth against Cora's again. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pressed her thigh against my hip. I was about to pull up her top, but then I remembered a preference of hers.

I stopped kissing her to watch what I was doing. I looked at the back of the couch and pulled the throw blanket that was folded there down on top of us. I awkwardly (because of the turned-on rush I was in) spread the blanket out over us and then bent my head to start kissing Cora again. See, she'd rather not be totally topless in plain view (she has a streak of modesty in her that isn't exactly cohesive with the rest of her personality. But as long as I get to touch her boobs somehow, I'll wrap her up in all the freakin' blankets she wants).

So, now that we were all covered up, I pulled off Cora's t-shirt. It's her Led Zeppelin one. I have this secret desire to try on the t-shirt (since it's a big, unisex concert t-shirt), but I think Cora would laugh a little too hard. Anyway, I pressed my warm abs against Cora's cooler ones and the boy-girlish-ness was electric between us.

Cora ran her nails done my spine and... er... my male genitalia hardened even more as she did that. She has these tricks up her sleeve that, um, "excite" me automatically. Turns out that's one of them.

And then, I heard the front door open.

"Shit!" Cora swore as I scrambled off her. Cora scooped up her t-shirt and hastily pulled it over her head, smoothing her hair as she went. Her lips were dark red and her neck was pink from where I'd been sucking on it.

"Crap, crap," I muttered. I couldn't find my t-shirt! What the fuck, oh my god. I mean, it's not like my dad would get really pissed or anything but... you know... I'd rather he didn't know about any degree of nakedness that happens between me and Cora.

Cora leaned over and dug between the back of the couch and one of the seat cushions. She yanked out my t-shirt.

"Thanks," I grinned and scrambled into my t-shirt. I turned on the TV just as my dad walked into the room.

"Hey kiddo, hey kiddo's girlfriend," Glenn said, glancing at us as he walked over to the home computer.

"Hi," Cora and I said, slightly out of unison. Glenn sat down at the computer and turned it on. He loosened his neck tie (my dad is so not a suit person, but he's required to wear one for work) and then turned slowly on the desk chair to look at the TV.

"... you're watching Oprah?" Glenn asked. I made a face and pointed my thumb at Cora. She smacked it down, giggling at me. Glenn smiled and then frowned a little.

"Robin, your shirt's on backwards," Glenn informed me knowingly before turning back to the computer. I turned bright red and hastily pulled my arms back through the sleeves, spinning the t-shirt around the right way. Next to me, Cora was snickering her beautiful little face off at my misfortune.

When my t-shirt was on properly, I picked up the TV remote and tuned it to Teletoon retro. Cora and I hummed the Scooby Doo theme loudly along with the cartoon.

Glenn finished up on the computer. He looked over at us.

"I'm gonna start stir-fry. Robin, are you going to ask Cora if she wants to stay for dinner?" He asked me pointedly. I looked at Cora.

"Wanna chow?" I asked her. Cora grinned and then looked at my dad.

"No thank you, actually, I gotta get going pretty soon," She said. Glenn grinned as he unbuttoned his shirt cuffs and wandered back toward the kitchen.

"Too bad. Robin likes to eat dinner shirtless," he said from the kitchen, not making very much sense. Cora started chuckling at my dad as I groaned loud enough for him to hear me.

"I'll eat my dinner shirtless for you if you'll stay," I offered her in a mutter. I put my arm around her shoulders, hugging her closer to my side. Cora leaned her head back against my shoulder.

"As tempting as that is," she said and rubbed my thigh. "I really do have to go home. My mom wants to have, like, a proper dinner with me." Cora shrugged her shoulders.

"Ugh, those are awful," I sympathized. Cora nodded.

"Right?" she agreed.

"You know that it's all just so that your parents can ask you a bunch of stupid questions. Like, what would happen if school was actually going shitty and you asked for their advice? Could parents really handle that?" I asked rhetorically. Now, my parents (soon-to-be step or biological) have surprised me in the advice department by being not totally useless. But, generally speaking, I've found that parents are pretty out to lunch when it comes to handling the delicacies of high school.

Cora shrugged and giggled at me.

"I'll just give her some nice answers and make her happy," she said and leaned forward as though about to stand up. Like the dork I am, I grabbed her wrist to keep her from leaving.

"Besides, right now, my life actually isn't all that shitty," she grinned beautifully at me and then kissed me with a juicy swiftness. Distracted by the kiss, I let Cora stand up. She smoothed her sweater past her hips and looked at me.

"C'mon BW. Walk me to the door," she sighed. I groaned but got to my feet. I trailed after Cora, reaching out and grabbing her hand. As we walked through the kitchen, I saluted my father with two fingers casually.

"Bye Robin's dad," Cora said in her nice, talking-to-a-parent voice. Glenn looked up from his frying pan and grinned.

"Bye Robin's girlfriend," he said.

When we were in the hallway by the front door, I let Cora step into her sneakers and pull her jacket on before whining slightly and grabbing her around the waist, pulling her against me.

"I hate it when you leave. I feel like an abandoned puppy," my mouth decided to confess. Cora leaned away from me, to look at the stupidly pathetic expression on my face and laugh at me.

"You're an idiot," she laughed at me and clapped her hands against either side of my face. She came close to my face again and touched her nose to mine. I could smell her peppermint breath.

"But you're my idiot. So don't wag you tail at another girl and get yourself adopted," She whispered.

"K... woof," I barked very, very quietly. Cora giggled at me and kept giggling even when I started kissing her. Are we lame? Maybe... but this is the way couples are when no one's around: super lame and super embarrassing.

Cora ended the kiss and pulled away from me determinedly.

"I love ya. I'll call you later," she said decidedly and opened the front door.

"Ok. Have fun at dinner," I said, hanging on to the open door and watching Cora walk out onto the front porch.

"You too," Cora chuckled and kissed me quickly one last time before hurrying down to her car. It was butt-freezing cold out almost totally dark- Cora loves the heat and the lights, so a late January weather didn't agree with her.

She climbed into her Charger and turned on the engine. It growled to life and she flashed the headlights at me as she pulled out my driveway. I waved at her/her car as she drove away. It was too dark out to tell, but I think she was waving back at me.

Ok, I have no idea if Cora was really waving back at me, but I believe she was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a filler chapter, but I'll hopefully be posting again later today with more interesting, plot advancing stuff =]

Hehe, top tier popular. I don't know what made me think of that... I think in high school I was like... oh goodness... like third or fourth tier popular? Probably fourth tier lol. There was the top tier popular kids and then a sub set of the popular kids that were more second tier popular because they weren't as "cool" and would mingle with third tier popular kids. Actually... hm. I might have been third tier and not quite fourth tier because I was legitimately pals with the only openly gay kid in our grade (holla! Been his friend since we were twelve and he was just a sexually confused Asian) so that might have bumped up my popularity...

Hehe, that's fun to think about now that it doesn't matter two shits.

"She's Dope" by: Down with Webster. Why me? Why is this so catchy? I don't know. I don't know anything anymore =]

"The Winter Song" by: Eisley. Redeeming myself. This is a great song hehe.

We got some work to do now

.Commentez vous? (I'm Canadian but suck balls at speaking French. I just make up my own French) Which high-school popular tier are/were you? (lol, not that it matters at all. Robin isn't popular and we all love him, right? =]<3)..