Status: In progress

MoonChild

Waves

Waves.

You could smell them in the air all around you, fresh salty waves of clear turquoise sea water, bursting on the sun-heated white boulders - the constant, ruthless water attack shaping the hard surface into many small gaps over the years, making for the shelters of hundreds of tiny hidden sea creatures.

Waves, such a soothing hushing sound they made, tossing and turning small pebbles back and forth on the open beach.

This was the only place Ricky could come to, harboring the most chaotic of emotional messes in her heart and the most erratic of mindsets in her head, and still could not help but take in and adapt to the contagious serenity this lonesome site radiated all around.

It was the place where bleeding wounds of the soul came to heal.

The only sounds around were the sounds of nature, the warm wind blowing softly, wrapping her inside what felt like a bubble of gentle feathers;
seagulls tweeting away their throaty squeals, along with many a crickets, chirping raspy calls out to the world.

Closing her eyes, she inhaled deeply, letting her other senses take control, capturing the moment deep inside her mind, hoping to store it for the rest of her given life.

As the wind blew past, the enchanting scent of slightly distant pine trees, mixed with the essence of salty water brought upon her a sort of romanticized trance.
And while the light breeze blew past, touching her sun heated golden skin, winching a few strands of her wavy hair along with its flow, for just a particle of an infinite second in this utopia state of mind, Ricky just stopped thinking.
Her mind went quiet.

No buzz, no numbing feeling behind it and no thoughts interrupted, only a small fragment of peaceful content rushed over her entire body, her entire soul.
The tiniest, most mellow of smiles crawled upon her lips.

She still had it in her - the ability of letting go.

Although the feeling of peace didn't quite last for more than just a moment, and a dash of disappointment pinched her at her heart as the feeling started to blur, in the background of her mind, all her old worries, anxieties and now even guilt were making their way back up into her heart, creeping up like a shadow over it.
But she was okay with just that glimpse of peace she felt merely seconds ago...

Ricky was okay.