Status: Active-ish

It Can't Be... Can It?

I Just Can't Take This

Aura woke up Monday morning dreading her conversation with George. She was going to have to tell him that he couldn’t change what was happening and that since she was going to be stuck with Draco for the rest of her life, she was going to give him a chance. She knew that she and George would probably never be able to be just friends, so she knew she was about to lose a very important person in her life. She was just climbing out of bed when Draco burst into the room with a very angry look on his face.

Image

**Rewind to the night before**
“You slept with him didn’t you?” Fred asked, “Knowing you were engaged to Malfoy, even if it was arranged, you slept with my brother.”

She nodded sheepishly.

“Aura, he thinks he has a chance at getting you back. He thinks he can persuade you not to marry Malfoy.”

Pansy Parkinson’s mouth dropped open at the conversation she was hearing. Draco had informed her on the train that he was engaged to Aura and that she was to stop all attempts at getting with him. Now, knowing that Aura had betrayed Draco, Pansy’s mind was coming up with a plan to get her precious Draco back.

Draco was sitting alone in his prefect dorm when he heard Pansy shrieking and pounding on the passageway to the common room. He rolled his eyes and walked down there to let her in. As soon as he opened the door she rushed in and enveloped him in an unwanted hug.

“I’m so sorry Drakie! I can’t believe that slut would do this to you!”

“Do what? Who?”

“Aura! She’s cheated on you!”

Draco shrugged, “Well technically we’re not together. I’m trying to win her over,” He said, thinking Pansy had seen Aura hanging out with a guy, even holding hands or something.

Pansy let go of Draco, “So you’re perfectly okay with the fact that your fiancée is sleeping with George Weasley?”

Draco felt the heat rise to his face. He could handle knowing Aura was trying to date another guy. He could even handle her kissing someone else, but he could not handle her sleeping with someone else, especially George Weasley.


Image

“I can’t believe you,” Draco spat.

“What did I do now, Draco?” Aura asked sleepily.

“I can’t believe you slept with Weasley again.”

Aura’s eyes opened in shock, and as she started to reply, George walked through the door.

“Well speak of the devil,” muttered Draco.

“Aura, Fred said you needed to talk to me and- oh… Malfoy,” George said.

“Weasley,” he sneered, “Did you come back to have another roll in the sack with my fiancée?”

George turned to Aura, “You told him!”

“No! I don’t know how he found out but-”

“Pansy told me. You should really watch where you have private conversations, Aura.”

“That was supposed to be between us!” George said.

“Okay, that’s enough you two!”

George and Draco stared at Aura.

“I just can’t take this right now! George, what I was going to tell you was that you can’t change what’s happening between me and Draco. I don’t want to lead you on and hurt you, so I have to end this. We can’t keep doing this to ourselves. I loved you, and I’m sorry I ruined that, but I’m engaged to Draco now, like it or not, I’m stuck with him and I can’t change that. I was going to give him a chance to show me that I can be happy with him. But now,” she turned on Draco, “I don’t want to be around you. Yes, I slept with George. And yes, it was amazing. But I am engaged to you, and I was mad that you put me in this situation so I found comfort in George. I was going to give you a chance, but right now I don’t want to be around either of you. I don’t want to marry you Draco! I don’t!”

With that said, Aura grabbed her clothes and stormed out of the room. She went into the bathroom and locked the door. She collapsed against it with a sob and started to cry. She didn’t want to hurt George, and she hadn’t meant to hurt Draco by sleeping with George. She just wanted to be happy. George made her extremely happy, but she couldn’t have him. Draco could make her happy, she knew, but that meant giving him a chance. She stared at the floor in front of her and realized she was crying because of the way Draco had looked so hurt and angry, not because of George. She loved Draco, she realized, and this made her sob even harder. She really began to with her mom was here.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's a lot of talking, but it's a kind of important chapter. Thank you to ria for her suggestion! It really helped me find a direction to go with this story. and also thanks to justuraverageHPfreak for the lovely comment on my profile. I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long.
Comments=love!