Status: Active-ish

It Can't Be... Can It?

I Guess

Aura hesitated at his door. Was she sure she wanted to open this door, both figuratively and literally? Just as she turned to walk away, Draco opened the door. The beginnings of a smile danced across his lips.

“Aura?”

“Yeah…”

“What are you doing out of your room?”

She hesitated.

“Let me guess,” he replied with a smirk, “You can’t get my kiss out of your mind.”

Aura’s mouth dropped open in disbelief. How could she have even thought that he had the smallest amount of decency in him. He was just as arrogant, if not more so, than she thought he was. She turned and walked quickly to her room. She flopped on her bed with tears rolling down her cheeks. A quiet knock sounded at her door before Draco walked in. He rushed to her bed and gathered her in his arms when he saw her tears.

“Aura, I’m sorry.”

“Why?” Aura demanded, “Why am I stuck marrying a prick like you?”

Draco didn’t know how to respond.

“Our entire lives have been filled with our hatred of each other. Then we became friends. You were my best friend and I don’t even know what happened. I didn’t want things to change, Draco. I was happy for once in my life. But you couldn’t just let me be happy could you? Could you?!”

Draco remained quiet for a second before carefully replying, “Aura… I wanted you happy. But I wanted you happy with me. I’m not sure when I fell for you, but I fell hard. When I saw that you were… with Weasley… well it hurt. I wanted to be the only person you ran to when you were hurt. I wanted to be the person that makes you forget all your past. I….,” he sighed and trailed off.

Aura looked up and pressed her lips to his, “I… I love you too Draco… at least I think I could love you…”

A genuine smile crossed Draco’s face, “So does that mean you’ll give this a chance?”

Aura smiled, “I guess.”

Draco kissed her. The next thing she knew Draco had laid back on the bed, pulling her with him. He continued to kiss her gently.

She murmured his name when he kissed her neck before rolling off of him and cuddling into his side. He pulled her closer.

“Draco?” she said sleepily.

“Yes?”

“I got this letter. Actually three letters from someone. She met me tonight, but I didn’t find anything out. Would you help me figure this out?”

“Of course,” he replied, “But tonight I just want to hold you. Go change into your pjs.”

Aura stood up and opened her trunk. She pulled out a pair of black shorts and a tank top. She slowly slid off her dress from the ball and pulled on the shorts.

“Draco?” she asked with a smile, “Would you mind unclasping my bra? I can’t get it.”

He stood and walked toward her. She lifter her hair, reveling her flawless back. Draco swallowed audibly. He unclasped the lacy wisp of an undergarment and let it fall to the floor. He put his hands on her shoulders and slid them down her arms and let them rest on her slim hips. He pressed his lips to her shoulder and she shivered. He kissed and let his teeth scrape across the sensitive skin on her neck.

“Draco…”

He shut his eyes and used all his will power to walk away from her. She slid on her tank top and joined him on the bed.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. Everything’s right. I want to prove to you that I’m not what you think I am. I’m going to do this right,” he said and smiled.

They got under the covers and Draco put his arm around Aura. She fell asleep feeling completely safe and at home for the first time in a long time. It’s amazing how you can find peace in the most unlikely of places.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's kinda short and a lot of dialogue. Sorry. But I love this chapter and had a lot of fun writing it.
Comments=love. And I do expect comments lol. Thanks to cloricen for her in person comments. ^_^