Status: Active-ish

It Can't Be... Can It?

Doubts and Realizations

Draco followed behind Aura, stunned by what had just happened. He’d just been used by another girl to hurt Aura. He thought back to the kiss. He had not kissed back. He had not reached for the strange girl as he once would have. He had only felt repulsed. He looked down at the small box containing Aura’s necklace. Aura had changed him, he realized. He was no longer the take any girl he wanted player; no longer the care about no one but himself boy. The necklace was proof of that. He felt the blood drain from his face. He’d been saying it for months, but now reality hit him. He was completely and totally in love with Aura, and the fact terrified him.

When he and Aura arrived home, Draco pushed past her and locked himself in his room. He opened the little red box and watched as the stones in the heart turned red. He wondered if the heart would have glowed red had he bought and given it to Aura a few weeks ago. He shut the box and shoved it in his nightstand before grabbing his broom and heading out into the gardens to fly.

Aura paid Draco no mind as he pushed past her. She stormed to her own room and slammed the door shut. She couldn’t believe what that bitch Raine had done. She’d kissed Draco. She’d kissed Aura’s man. And Draco had just stood there. He hadn’t pushed Raine away. But then again he hadn’t reacted to her either. Once he would have pulled her into his arms and deepened the kiss, not now. Why had she done that? It’s not like Aura had kissed George, not while he and Raine were together, and certainly not in front of her. Aura collapsed on her bed, shaking with anger. If she wasn’t careful she’d lose control of her magic. That was something that hadn’t happened since she’d gain control of her emotions after her parents’ deaths. She grabbed her journal and began to read. It calmed her. She read about the first time she’d truly lost control. It’d been just after she’d moved in with Draco. It hadn’t been a big deal. It still wasn’t a huge deal, but it had been scary for the Malfoy’s when the newest addition to their household had disapperated at only 5 years old. That had not been the first time she had disapperated, but the ability had been kept a secret because frankly no 5 year old should be able to disapperate. Aura could now do it by will, even though she had not been trained to do so. She scribbled a new entry into her journal and then fell asleep with the book in her hand.

George’s POV
George stared at the fuming girl that had just been shoved on the ground. He couldn’t believe his girlfriend had just kissed another man in front of him. In fact, she’d just kissed Draco Malfoy. And what was worse was George wasn’t even really upset. He hadn’t rushed to help Raine from the ground, but when she had shoved Aura down, it was all he could do to stay rooted to the spot. He’d watched Aura drag Draco from the store and he’d just stopped himself from rushing after her. He looked around the store, then back to the girl on the floor. He stiffly offered a hand to help her up and released her as soon as she was steady on her feet. George walked out the door and into the warm Spring air without looking back.

“George!” Raine called out.

“If this is how things are going to be, then we’re done,” he said, his voice dangerous.

“I was jealous.”

“Without reason. All she did was hug me. A hug I initiated. We’re friends Raine.”

“But you didn’t used to be.”

“But we are now.”

“I know you’re still in love with her.”

George spun around to face Raine, surprise in his eyes.

“That’s why you won’t do anything with me. All I have is the title of your girlfriend. The title, that’s it. None of the things that come with it. We rarely kiss and when I approach the topic of sex… well I can’t even approach the topic. I know she was your first love… but you’ve got to let that go! I want to be with you George. That’s why I tried to hurt her. To show you I was better than her.”

“You showed me nothing,” his eyes flashed and he walked away.

Everything Raine had said resounded in his mind until late that night. He heard knocking on his window at the Burrow. Fred opened the window and let a rain drenched Raine into the room. George looked up and met her smoldering eyes with a fierce look of his own.

“Fred, do you mind?” George asked his twin.

“Not at all. Have fun,” Fred said as he rushed from the room.

When George’s eyes once again met Raine’s sparks flew. She was in his arms within seconds, begging for anything and everything from him. And he gave it all to her. When they were through he whispered into her ear, “You were right. I’ve got to let go.”

Back to Aura

A few days later Aura stood in front of a mirror letting Mrs. Bitty put the finishing touches on herwedding dress. She stared at herself in her fluffy dress. If she was completely honest she hadn’t put too awful much thought into choosing a dress over the past couple days. She’d been too focused on Raine, but when she had walked back into the dress shop, this dress had called her name. Now, she stood in her dress doubting whether she wanted to be married to Draco. She loved him, of course, but he’d been so distant the past few days. He only talked to her when necessary, and even when they spend time together it was like his mind was somewhere far from Malfoy Manor. The next day they would be heading back to Hogwarts. If his mood didn’t improve, she decided, something would have to be done.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated. I'm in the middle of finals then I'll update during the summer. I actually had this ready for you guys on Wednesday, but if you've been following the news you've heard about the tornados sweeping across tennessee.... guess where I live!!! Anyway in knocked out my cable and internet. So here ya go. And if you read my George Weasley story... I kinda rewrote it so go check it out.
Comments=love <3