Status: Active-ish

It Can't Be... Can It?

Staring At My Future

The weeks flew by as Aura ran her problems around in her head. The wedding was less than a month away now, and she was no closer to solving them. She sat in front of her mirror in her bedroom and brushed her hair. It had gotten longer than she was used to, but she had left it alone at the request of Mrs. Malfoy.

Black bags under her eyes made Aura look worn out and tired. She’d lost her vibrancy over the two months she’d been back at school. She played the part of a happy bride-to-be when with Draco or in public, but when she was alone, she was all but falling apart. She knew she would be happy with Draco, if her marriage were under different circumstances. She had planned it all out…

Image

Aura stood on the balcony of her room in Malfoy Manor staring out at her children running across the yard. She smiled down at the 4 year old red headed girl chasing a 7 year old boy that was nearly identical to Draco. Every time she looked at the boy, Scorpius, her heart melted.
Draco appeared behind Aura and pulled her into his arms, “It’s official. The Manor is ours now. Mother signed everything over to us. This is our home.”
He beamed at her and she returned the smile. She once again began watching her children play and intertwined her had with Draco’s. He was dressed in a t-shirt and jeans, a rarity for her “classy” husband. The dark mark that should have marred the pale skin on his forearm was not there.
Her heart swelled with love for the man whose hand she held, and she would die for the children that scampered about the yard. She loved her mother-in-law and did not regret that Lucius has passed away three years ago. Her best friends came and went about her home as they pleased, and, oftentimes, their children ran about her home. Malfoy Manor was no longer a dreary place. Aura had redone the entire house and made it an envy of all wealthy witches.
She placed her hand on her stomach where only she knew what surprise was now growing there. A third child would take another piece her her and Draco’s hearts in only a few short months. She turned and placed a kiss on her husband’s lips. She pressed his hand to her stomach and whispered, “Happy Birthday Draco. Do you want another boy or a girl?”
His face lit up with happiness as he caught her meaning and he lifted her and spun her in a circle. This was the life Aura had dreamed of having with Draco.


Image

However, Aura knew this was not the life she would receive. She would be forced to live in Malfoy Manor and pray each day that the Dark Lord would not appear in her home. She would live in fear for her children’s lives as well as her husband’s. Her own life would be of no concern to her, for she would rather die than live that existence.
Aura got up from her vanity and left for her last day of classes. Tomorrow she would be heading back to Draco’s home to begin preparations for the unwanted wedding. Her best friends, Aimee and Hermione, would not be allowed at her wedding. God knows who Narcissa would insist that Aura make her bridesmaids…

Image

The month before Aura’s wedding had flown by so fast she wasn’t sure it had actually happened. She had seen little of Draco. He’d been off doing the Dark Lord’s bidding. When she had seen him, he had look just as worn and weary as she. They clung to each other at night, praying for a miracle that they both knew would never come. And now, in a mere two hours, Aura Zarano would become Mrs. Aura Malfoy. This fact both excited her and caused her extreme misery. She loved Draco with all her heart, but she was not ready to be married. The thought of starting a family terrified her. The thought of standing at the alter with Draco’s hands in hers while she swore her life to him… paralyzed her. But she would do it, because she must.

She stood before her mirror in her beautiful dress. Her make-up was done; her hair more elegant than she’d ever dreamed. It was all she could do not to cry. She stood alone before the mirror. Her bridesmaids were downstairs, all of them family members of Draco’s. Narcissa had finally left Aura alone with her thoughts.
An owl with a letter tied to his leg flew in the window. Aura recognized it at Hermione’s owl. She smiled as she untied it.

Dear Aura,
I love you, and I wish you all the best on your wedding and your life with Draco. I am sorry I could not be there with you. I hope you are not still having doubts. If you are maybe you should reconsider what you are doing. I know something can be figured out.
Much Love,
Hermione.


Aura dropped the letter to the floor as tears rolled from her eyes. She knew what she had to do as she ripped the pins out of her elegant hairstyle.
“I have to do something,” she said, “I will not be content simply staring at my future.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it has been forever since I updated. For that I am truly sorry. I hope you all will forgive me and read these last couple chapters. I'm feeling one last chapter after this one. Maybe a sequel if I can get my act together. I love you all dearly!