Status: Active-ish

It Can't Be... Can It?

Well, Aren't We Looking Fine Today?

Aura looked around frantically for the annoying tapping sound that was assaulting her ears. She turned towards the balcony and saw a tawny owl pecking at the doors. It had several letters tied to its leg. Aura let the owl in and quickly untied the letters. She tossed it a treat before leaving the room. In her hand were three letters from Hogwarts, one for each her, Draco, and Aimee. Her own letter, along with Draco’s was slightly thicker.

“Oh no,” she whispered, “We’ve been made prefects… together.”

She entered Draco’s room without knocking and dropped the letter on his bed. He was lounging shirtless on the bed. Her eyes raked over his bare chest and her face turned slightly pink.

“See something you like?” He asked arrogantly.

“See something I’d like to hit,” she replied and left the room to find Aimee.

“We need to head to Diagon Alley today I suppose,” Aura informed Aimee while
handing her the letter.

Aura ripped open hers to have her fears confirmed. Dumbledore had made her a prefect alongside Draco. The password to their dorm would be ‘acid pops’. The only bright side that Aura could see was that she was allowed to be out after hours.

An hour later the three of them found themselves in Borgin and Burke’s shop by way of floo powder. They quickly made their way to Diagon Alley. Knockturn Alley, as a whole, had always given Aura the creeps. They had planned to stay together throughout the entire trip, but that plan was immediately ruined as the large crowd of people swept Draco and Aimee away from Aura.

Image

‘Well isn’t this just great. I guess I’ll just meet them at home later,” she thought and headed toward Flourish and Blotts. With her list firmly in hand, she browsed the shelves of the bookstore, grabbing the necessary books off the shelves as she went. She was paying very little attention to where she was going when she bumped into someone, causing her to drop all of her books and fall backwards on her ass.

“Watch where you’re going!” She shouted at the same time someone else was profusely apologizing.

They both stopped dead in their tracks.

“Weasly.”

“Zarano.”

Aura gave the tall redhead in front of her a cold stare.

“Well,” George mused, “aren’t we looking fine today?”

Aura felt a shiver run down her body as he looked her over appreciatively.

“Shut up and help me get up, George.”

“Oh, are we on first name basis now?” He asked and extended his hand.

She rolled her eyes and took his hand. He pulled her up hard enough to make her lose
her balance and fall into his chest. He locked his arms around her and looked down into her striking blue eyes. When their eyes connected she lost her breath.

“Well,” George whispered, “I rather like this.”

“Shove it, Weasly. Let me-”

She felt George’s soft lips against hers and she melted against him. She started to lose herself in the kiss when the tinkling of the bell at the door and the sound of Draco’s voice reached her ears. She quickly shoved George away from her and picked up her books. He walked behind her and whispered in her ear.

“Meet me on the train. I’ll be waiting in the compartment outside the prefect compartment.”

Then he was gone, and she could still feel his kiss when Draco rounded the corner with Aimee behind him.

“There you are!” Aimee squealed and rushed over to Aura, “We’ve been looking every- What’s wrong?”

The look on Aura’s face must still have been one of shock. She had not expected George to kiss her, and she most certainly had not expected to like it. She shook her head at Aimee and suggested they finish their shopping and head home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's kind of short, but I have a thing for George and wanted to get this out.