Status: Active-ish

It Can't Be... Can It?

Dear Diary, I'm Sorry

Dear Diary,
I’m sorry I haven’t written in so long. I’ve been busy and I’m utterly dumbfounded at what has happened since I last wrote. The last time I had anything significant to write about was when Aimee and I were playing hide and seek. But something happened yesterday in Diagon Alley and today on the train. I ran into him at Flourish and Blotts. He knocked me onto the floor, and when he helped me up, he pulled me into his arms and kissed me. It was… amazing. We met again on the train after the prefect meeting. We spent the ride staring into each other’s eyes. He never really tried anything. Not like Draco does. He didn’t try to force me into anything… he didn’t even really try, even though…. I think I would be willing to… with him. He’s so different from Draco. He lets me just be me and doesn’t look down on me because of the family I live with. He is so much different from what I expected. He’s amazing. I really hope to make this last.


Aura slammed her diary shut and shoved it into her bag as Draco and Aimee joined her at dinner. She would have to finish her entry later that night. She yawned and looked around the room as Dumbledore gave his usual beginning of the year speech. She glanced at George and caught him staring at her. She smiled slightly. He mouthed, “Meet me after dinner.”

Aura shook her head and mouthed, “I can’t. prefect.”

George’s smile fell from his face but returned quickly. He remembered his plan from
the train and nodded at her. He looked down to his plate before someone noticed him communicating with the “Slytherin princess.”

Draco noticed Aura talking to someone, but when he looked around he saw no one looking in her direction.

“Who are you talking to?” He whispered.

“No one,” she replied and stood as Dumbledore dismissed them to their dorms, “Let’s go do our prefect duties. I have to put my bag in my dorm okay?”

Draco nodded and followed Aura, shouting to first years to follow him to the Slytherin common room. After showing the first years around, Draco told Aura to take the upstairs and that he would take the dungeons to search for anyone out after hours. She nodded and walked towards the stairs. Draco turned and headed toward his and Aura’s dorm. He said the password and walked into a room that looked like a smaller version of the Slytherin common room. Two sets of stairs led to separate bedrooms. Well, Draco thought, I should have known they wouldn’t let us share a room. He quickly picked a set of stairs and went into the room. He opened the door to the room Aura had picked and on her bed laid the bag he had seen her stash her diary into.

Draco picked up the diary and flipped to the newest entry. He read every word she wrote and his eyes lit up when he read his name… until he read what was written. She resented him for tryinf to pressure her. She just didn’t know how much he liked her… no. No. No no no. He didn’t like her. He only wanted her for sex. Didn’t he? Well, he supposed it didn’t matter. She obviously loved Blaise, based on what she wrote in her diary about the train ride. No wonder she hadn’t come back to the compartment, she had been with the “amazing” Blaise. Draco put the diary back in the bag and left to go to his room. He wanted to be asleep when Aura returned.

Image

Aura made her way around the upper floors looking for out of place students. She found nothing out of sorts. As she made her way back towards her dorm, she heard footsteps behind her. She whirled around and found no one behind her. She took a few more steps and whirled around again. Still nothing. Finally she drew her wand.

“Come out now or I will start cursing everything in the hallway.”

A shape stepped out of the doorway of a classroom, “Calm down babe.”

Aura lowered her wand, “George?”

“Who else?” he asked.

Then Aura was running toward him, and he was holding the warm body of the girl he was growing to care for.

“Aura,” he whispered as he pressed his lips to hers.

He slid one hand into her hair and used the other to pull her closer to him.

“How did you know where I’d be?”

George pulled out his map and showed her. Aura was amazed. They couldn’t stay there very long though, because, even as a prefect, Aura could still get in trouble and they were in the open where anyone could see them.

“I have to go, honey,” Aura said.

“No…” George begged.

“I have to,” Aura said as George pulled her closer.

“I really like you, Aura.”

“I really like you too,” Aura said, surprising herself.

“Be my girlfriend, please…”

Aura’s eyes widened, “I don’t know, George. I just don’t know.”

She shook her head and backed away from him. He reached out and grabbed her arm, “No Aura, you don’t have to answer now. Think about it. Just let me know when you decide.”

George leaned down and pecked her lips before heading off to the Gryffindor common room. Aura hurried to her room and grabbed her diary.

Dear Diary,
I’m sorry. I had to stop writing earlier cause Draco walked up. I broke up with Blaise in the carriage on the way to the castle tonight. I just can’t keep up with our on and off relationship. He wasn’t too upset. George met me in the hallway tonight when I was doing my prefect duties. He… he asked me to be his girlfriend. I don’t know if I can say yes. I want to but there is so much at stake here. Draco’s parents would disown me, and I owe them so much. The entire house of Slytherin would disown me. I just don’t know what to do. I guess I’ll have to make a decision.
Love,
Aura Zarano
♠ ♠ ♠
So I didn't think I was going to get any chapters out this weekend because I forgot my flashdrive. But I've got this. lol I'm trying. Let me know what you think.
comments=love