‹ Prequel: Death's a Joke.

Ha Ha You're Dead.

75% Off.

JAQK-Herz scurried down the backstreet, his footsteps echoed as the wind rattled the barbed wire fences to his sides. As instinct his hand grasped the pistol he kept in the pocket of a worn jacket. The fingerless glove ran over the pistol like a rippling stream. As he stopped another foot hit the ground causing him to leap into action. His body span around before aiming the weapon at the forehead of a copper red haired man.

“Y-you’re just like your mother I see…” Mumbled the man nervously, his face seemed gaunt, as if years of worry and lack of sleep had chiselled away at his once youthful looks.

JAQK-Herz’ expression softened for a few seconds in shock until he recovered, his face frowning as his finger was set on the trigger, “What do you know about my mother? How do you know about me,” Snarled JAQK-Herz.

“Let me introduce myself, my name good sir is Owen Darns, your mother use to buy weapons from me, follow me, c’mon, let me take half an hour of your time…just 30 minutes of an entire life and I’ll tell you everything you’ve wanted to know about mummy,” Hissed Owen through his yellowing teeth with utter confidence.

“…You’re mother was a fiery character, she controlled most of underdog Gotham, very well respected, but feared but police and thugs alike. For good reason, heck even I was on her on her wrong side once, left me with this…” Muttered Owen to JAQK as they sat around a wooden table before he gave the back of his head a sharp hit, his left eye popped out to show it was in fact made of glass.

“How did you know I was her son?” Snarled JAQK, the dingy little apartment where they sat let little light into the room apart from a single hanging bulb that was being attacked by a moth.

“…Arrogant, violent and suspicious of everyone? It’s like Ace is in front of me, oh, and you’ve got her eyes y’know. I had once heard her mention her son when she was looking for a new 8inch blade, wanted a silver and black handle, however I think she was talking to herself rather than me,” Replied Owen as he scratched his chin as if recalling his memory.

JAQK casually slipped his hand into his pocket and stroked the side of his favourite knife, an 8 inch blade with silver and black handle, the Joker had dropped it into his hand one day and mumbled ‘Ace’ at him but he never realised until now.

JAQK-HERZ spent a lot longer than half an hour, in fact it was scraping on 4 hours and the birds had began to chirp before he even noticed the time, he had spent the night hearing stories of his mother and the weapons she bought.

“…Y’know, Ace would be proud of ya…hm, how about we make an arrangement? Seeing as I use to supply to your mother and…well I can’t anymore…God bless her soul…how about I give you a deal? All weapons you could ever need? Come to me, I’ll sort ya out, 75% off…and while we’re at it how about I give you a new look? I mean afterall, if you’re taking after your mother you need to have a signature appearance?” Owen suggested, his fingers extending out ready to give JAQK a handshake to seal the deal.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late-ness YET AGAIN. I moved house and had no internet for weeks >.<

Thanks to all my loyal readers and for the comment from Tati.the.Strange :'3