‹ Prequel: Death's a Joke.

Ha Ha You're Dead.

Wake Up Now.

JAQK-Herz’s hand swiped across the side of his slicked back hair before he gave his jacket a tug so that is sat perfectly on his shoulders. He surveyed his new look in the mirror, turning to the left and looking over his shoulder at the cracked reflection, before he gave a little chuckle of happiness.

A soot coloured military jacket buttoned up from in neck down with silver buttons polished at the front, the back had tails. The left corner pocket, close to his heart, was the joker card, the ace of hearts, queen of hearts and king of hearts fanned out, the tips just visible. His trousers where dead straight, a single bright red stripe ran down the side. His shoes where black and polished with buckles attached and this gloves where thick leather. His skin was painted deathly pale, apart from a black ‘x’ across the middle of his lips, and on his left side carved was a hacked heart into is flesh. His dirty blonde hair had a blood red strip of red hair and was sleeked back behind his ears.

As JAQK strolled down the streets he heard a voice from behind, a wheezing sort of noise. As he turned a man stared at him through the gaps of his long grey, greasy hair that swung to the motion of the smoke from the cigarette he has pressed tightly between his lips.

“You wanna prove yourself?” the man hissed as he hugged his knees.

JAQK stared at him for a few seconds, before stepping closer, the grit under his feet scratching into the new soles of his shoes. As he pulled his trousers he crouched so he was level with the guy.

“I know you’re trying to be the next ‘big’ one…then do what your parents next could, get rid of the bat,” Mumbled the man into JAQK’s ear.

As JAQK-Herz looked at him the man offered him the lit cig. JAQK stared into the eyes of the man for a few seconds, before taking it and taking a large pull, the smoke being released from his mouth as he stared into the guy’s eyes. He threw it away and gave the man a nod of thanks before standing and disappearing into the night.

The Joker lay drooling, in his hand was one of Ace’s gloves, JAQK watched his father. He wanted to do the one thing Daddy couldn’t do. He wanted to be as good as his parents, he wanted them to be proud.

But most of all he wanted to get rid of the bat; he wanted Gotham for his own. And he’d have just that with the right amount of planning.

“Joker…JOKER. Wake up now,” JAQK-Herz roared.

He spent the next few hours trying to convince his dad not to do anything along the lines of the Batman. After a while, the Joker reluctantly agreed. JAQK wanted to be the only one on this case – and he would be.

He spent the next several hours driving around Gotham in a car he had stolen, shooting random people who may have a connection to his wanted bat, he had to make sure he was the only one.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is for Tati.the.Strange.

Thank you my readers :D