‹ Prequel: Death's a Joke.

Ha Ha You're Dead.

A.C.E.

Batman stood in total shock, the entire room was covered in cardboard boxes full of missing people reports. He didn’t even know that many people had ever lived in Gotham, never mind gone missing. It was like an entire community written onto scraps of paper. How on earth was he expected to find one person he didn’t know the name of within this mass of notes.

After about 20 minutes of random flickering through the letter ‘S’ his brain seemed to jolt to life as he hurried down to the bat cave. His fingers picked at random pieces of paper, flinging them away until he found the item he was looking for. The very first letter Ace had ever sent him, warning him that there would be a new villain, aka herself, on the scene. There, he hadn’t imagined it, at the very bottom it was signed, A.C.E.. Ace had always been an acronym.

The Batman was hunched over the 8th box with names beginning with ‘a’, he had already found a potential woman called Adie Caitlin Evans but halfway through the report he realises a stamp across the photograph stating she was found. He was close to giving up when he came across a singed piece of paper, as if someone was trying to burn the evidence.

Missing person report;

Callum Diamonds and his wife Evelyn Diamonds were found brutally murdered in their home, no signs of struggling or evidence leading to a killer were found on the scene apart from a stack of cards that was knocked down, the ace of diamonds card missing.

Their daughter, Anastacia, who was believed to be present on the eve of the attack was never found, shortly pronounced missing and still has yet to be found.


He stood their for a few seconds, his brain slowly grinding the information until it clicked. Anastacia, Callum, Evelyn Diamonds…Ace of Diamonds. He had found the real Ace, just before a bullet shot through the last chapter. It bounced off his suit causing him to fall back with the force when JAQK-Herz appeared.

JAQK skipped over dramatically, pulled the charred edged paper up so it was eye level, skimmed his eyes over it and pulled a green tinted lighter out and flicked his thumb downwards. A few sparks flickered out of the end until he repeated and a orange flame popped out, licking the paper into a blaze and crumbling it into ash.

“Don’t think that’s intended for you, Bat boy,” Snarled JAQK, secretly pleased that his second attempt of saving his mother’s memory worked.

“You knew?” Batman questioned, his husky voice ripping through the air as he got his balance again.

“Of course I knew, I know everything. They neglect their daughter for their police jobs, and she sees them off like the rodents they are. I went looking for information on her about 10 years ago,” Mumbled the Joker casually, a look of danger flashing in the light of his eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all my readers ^_^

A note to someone I know who will be reading this;

No matter what happens with him, there will always be a part of my heart for you,"