Thoughts of You

answers

i was forbiden to go out of the perimeter without one of the boys with me because vampires are in the area and even though they wouldnt come out in the daylight because they glitter, my father, the chief, didnt want to take any chances.
"lite en" my brother called as i was trying to sneek out to the river "yea?" i said with a convincing smile as my fox Nilla hid behind me. "you know your not supposed to go off alone...come on" he said handing me the lead rope to my horse. i smiled as he gave me a leg up and we rode down to my river where i loved to relax and it had to most beautiful flowers growing there!

"you know father wants to call in help" my brother said as i watched nilla wash herself in the river "mmm" i replied not really listening "whats on your mind?" he asked "well, i mean why dont we have any shifters? i mean we did durring grandpas age i remeber when i was a little girl. the first time i saw him as a big light gray wolf" i said closing my eyes and smiling taking in the sweet memories "well, if there are any shifters they will phase soon, grandpa use to say that vampires were a triger in the phasing" he said sitting down next to me as Nilla skimpered out of the river shaking off all the water getting us wet.
we began a small water fight.

When we got back home my mother was still at work and i had no clue where my father went off to. "hey im going to hang with the guys, please stay out of trouble" Mike begged as he ran off twards their little meeting spot no doubt.
"well girl, its just you and me" i said sitting on the front porch eating a sandwhich as i gave her some raw fish on a little plate. when we were done eating i took a walk around the reserve and bought some groceries for dinner.
"hey Lacy" my mother sang as i came into the house "hey mamma" i sang placing the groceries on the counter where my mother unpacked them. "so i hear track is over with. do you plan on doing any other sports?" she asked starting to cook dinner "i dont know" i said silently.
everythings been different since the vampires have been in town, they try to keep things away from me and i dont know why.
"whens dad going to be home?" i asked getting fusterated with everyone "now, what do you nned?" he asked comming though the door "i want answers" i said putting my hands on my hips.

"over 10 people have been killed since the vampires have invaded out town, some of them happened durring the day" he explained sitting down with me at the table "i called the tribe from la push, their comming down in two days" he said taking my hand. "why have you been hiding this from me?" i asked "Sarahs dead" he said quietly.

Sarah was my best friend. ever since i was 3 we were inseperable, and everyone said we were closer than twins.

i began sobbing "no-it-no-SARAH!!" i sobbed as my mother rushed over and grabbed my face hushing me. suddenly the door slammed open and Adam, one of mikes friends, was heaped over out of breath "hurry!" he yelled pulling my father out of the house.
i spent the rest of the night in my bed crying myself to sleep.