Status: Just starting

New and Improved

Chapter 1

Sickness, it's all i have known. I was born into life as a premature baby and i have some sort of rare sickness. The doctors aren't sure what it is, so they can't cure it. But that doesn't bother me, really. I love my life, i have a wonderful family and i am a princess of the land called Cascope. My eyes are the color of leaves in spring, a fresh green. My hair is the color of the sun at sunset, a reddish pink and it forms ringlets around my head. I'm only fourteen, but my life is almost over.
Though i am the heir to the thrown, i am supposed to die when the first snow falls, which is in few months. I'll miss my life but at least i will go happy.
"Jallyn, what are you doing out of your bed?" My mother asked as she saw me sneaking into the kitchen.
"I'm hungry and i am sick of being in my room. I miss the fresh air."
My mother sighed.
"fine, but be quick." She went up the stairs. I tip toed out of the kitchen and into the garden. My mother wouldn't be able to see me because the trees were stretching high and she couldn't see through them.
I smelled the clean air and sighed softly. It was mid day so the sun was up high. I was so happy it was spring because the flowers were blooming beautifully. Our garden was mainly red roses and pink and red lilies, because those were my favorite flowers.
I've been worried about my father lately. He said he would do anything to make me better and he's been sending out messages to anyone who may have a cure for what ever disease i have. Lately he has been seeing this strange man. I don't trust him and he sort of creeps me out. His name is Dr. Lived, pronounced Live-Ed. When the man sees me, he has strange smile on his face, and when he examines me his fingers are cold at the touch. The man is young, twenty or so and very handsome...but he is very scary and very wrong.
"Miss Vene, what are you doing outside?" Dr. Lived asked with his crooked smile. Speak of the devil and he shall appear
"Getting fresh air, and admiring the beauty of the garden." I said, nervously.
"Does your mother know you are out here?"
I shook my head
"Very well, where is you father? I have a deal to make with him." Dr. Lived said this strangely. His words had double meanings.
"Out in the field. He's training a few horses." As Dr. Lived left i went into a coughing fit. My eyes water up and my throat closed.
"Miss Vene, you should go to your room and take your medicine, you should not be outside, even with the weather so fine." The doctor turned and left.
I gasped for air as i made my way back inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jallyn's name is pronounced Jay-Lynn