Status: Completed.

Those Who Walk Beside Me

Eleven

Kandy sobbed in my chest as we watched the EMT's roll Jimmy's body out of the house in a body bag. Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing could have prepared me for this. The guys had shown up minutes after I had called for help. It was safe to say that we were all not only shocked, but heart broken.

“Where do we go from here?” Leana asked officer Blake, her voice cracking in the process. “His body will be taken to the local hospital and will be investigated by a coroner, after wards he'll be transferred to the funeral home of your choosing.” He explained sincerely.

“Thank you,” Brian said to him, nodding in the process. “We'll be in touch,” Officer Blake said before exiting the house.

“I can't stay here,” Kandy choked out. “Let's all meet at my place,” I said as I reached up and wiped a tear free from my face.

“Come on Leana, you can ride with Brian and I.” Michelle said softly as she took a hold of Leana's hand. “Okay,” She sniffled.

“Kandy, why don't we go upstairs and pack some of your things?” Gena asked with Lacey right by her side. Kandy didn't say anything, she just pulled away from me and walked upstairs with Gena and Lacey right behind her.

I ran hand over my face and just shook my head, not believing this was happening. All I wanted was to wake up from this nightmare, but that didn't seem like it was possible, nor was it going to happen.

--

“This is fucking stupid!” Kandy yelled as she paced my kitchen, suddenly feeling angry about the whole situation. “I know,” I agreed.

“He's the Rev, he's not suppose to die. Fucking rapists and killers can live and walk the earth, but God decided to take Jimmy away.” She broke down in tears and collapsed to the floor. I sat down next to her and pulled her into my lap, tears of my own falling. Kandy was right, it wasn't fair that he was taken from all of us, but he was and there nothing we could do about it.

“We'll all get through this Kandy, together.” I spoke quietly as I rubbed soothing circles on her back. “I only came here to be with him! He was the only family I had left, and now he's gone. I have no reason to stay her.” She cried.

“That's not true and you know it. You have me, Brian, Zacky, Johnny, Michelle, Lacey, Gena, and Leana. We're all here for you, no matter what.” I couldn't stop the tears from falling from both of our eyes.

“I never even got to see him play!” She exclaimed. My chest tightened, realizing that not only had we lost our brother and our best friend, but the band had also lost their drummer. I was torn and had no earthly idea how we could possibly continue being Avenged Sevenfold without Jimmy.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was a really hard chapter to write, which explains why it's short as hell.

Comment and Subscribe!!

FoREVer<3