Status: Completed.

Those Who Walk Beside Me

Seventeen

“Promise me you'll never feel afraid...”

“I can't listen to this.” Kandy said before pausing the song. I looked over at her and noticed a few tears slipping down her cheeks. “It's okay,” I told her quietly as I gave her hand a small reassuring squeeze. “Do you think he knew he was going to die?” Johnny questioned.

“Is that even possible?” Zacky asked. “I have no fucking clue.” I shrugged and ran a hand over my face.

“Are We suppose to continue without him?” I asked them all, wondering what they really thought. “Honestly, I don't know if I can, Matt.” Brian said quietly.

“He would want you too.” Kandy spoke quietly, almost as if she wasn't sure if she should be saying anything about it. “And how the hell would you know that?” Zacky demanded to know harshly.

Kandy narrowed her eyes at him before speaking. “He was excited about the album, Zacky! He wouldn't want you guys just to quite the band and throw out those amazing songs you guys worked on.”

“How do you know that, Kandy? You barely knew him!” Zacky shouted before leaving the room quickly.

“We're all fucking falling apart!” Johnny yelled as he slammed his hand down on the table next to him. “I'll be back later.” He muttered before walking out the door.

“Johnny's right, we're falling apart.” Brian said. “We're suppose to be best friends, but instead we're all biting each others heads off.”

I shook my head stood up from the black chair. “I'm going to go take a walk.” With that I walked out the front door and headed anywhere but there.

--

“Why'd you have to leave us man?” I asked as I kneeled down at Jimmy's grave. “You didn't deserve to die, I'm still shocked that you're gone. My mind can't seem to process the fact that you're never coming back. I'm mostly worried about Kandy, though. She hasn't really been eating much, and I hear her crying through out the night. Maybe one day we'll all be able to move on, and get past this.” My voice cracked.

“That song you left behind is incredible, something you would defiantly write. The lyrics are haunting, but most defiantly amazing.” I stopped abruptly upon hearing footsteps crunch on several leaves behind me. I stood up and turned around, only to face Kandy.

“I knew you'd be here.” She gave me a small sad smile. “Am I that predictable?” I asked raising an eyebrow at her. “Yeah,” She teased, laughing a bit. She stopped after a second and lowered her eyes to the ground. “Sorry,” She apologized.

“Sorry for what?” I asked, clearly confused. “For laughing and joking around.” She shrugged.

“Why would you be sorry about that?” I questioned as I walked closer towards her. “I feel like it's wrong to be happy now that he's gone.” She explained as tears welled up in her eyes.

“Don't be, he'd want all of us to be happy.” I said quietly before leaning in and pressing my lips softly to hers. She gave in for a moment before pulling away. “Matt, please.” She pleaded.

“Why can't you just except the fact that you like me?” I asked as I took a step back. I felt angry all of the sudden and I needed to know why she was rejecting me.

“I can't be with you! You were his best friend, I don't believe he'd approve.” She shook her head, before turning away and making me watch her walk off...again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nightmare is #1 on the Billboard Charts, which is freaking amazing! I'm so proud of them!<3

Comment and Subscribe!