Status: Completed.

Those Who Walk Beside Me

Two

I had just gotten home from work, shutting the door behind me as my shoes make a squeaky noise against the cracking linoleum floor of the kitchen. I locked the top dead bolt then set my bag right beside the door as I walked into the kitchen. My apartment was terrible, cabinets in the kitchen were missing the ceiling had a ton of water damage and the carpet smelt like cat piss.

I pressed play on my answering machine.

'You have one new message, message received at 6:21 pm' the monotone female voice said as I sat on my couch.

"hey girl! we need to go out sometime! We never hang out anymore!" A girl I didn't know said and I made a face.

'You have no new messages' The machine said just as someone knocked on the door. I slowly got up and dragged myself to the door, peeking out the peephole I saw...no way. The Rev? I cracked the door.

"May I help you?"I asked meekly my voice coming out in a soft squeak, although that had not been my first intention.

"Are you Kandice Wesly?"He asked me, I laughed a little then nodded.

"But please, call me Kandy. What can I do for you Mr. Sullivan?" I asked not wanting to call him the rev and maybe get him mad...wait..why would he get made its his stage name. Well, either way whats done is done.

"Call me Jimmy," He laughed a little. "I'm to young to be called Mr. Sullivan, you make me feel like my dad."

"Alright, what can I do for you Jimmy?"I said slightly amused by his random yet entertaining visit.

"Kandy, you're my little sister."He bursted out and said to me. I looked at him for a moment then bursted into a fit of laughter.

"That can't be possible, I mean you're the Rev." I said laughing lightly.

"I'm serious, you are my sister Kandy."

Wow, he is serious. I licked my lips then sighed a bit. "Alright, come on in and we'll talk about it." I said stepping aside so he could come inside.

"It's nothing special,"I told him shrugging a bit as I watched him look around my grungy apartment.

"Please, take a seat Jimmy. I'll be right back, I just want to grab my birth certificate." I said then rushed into my room rummaging through my vanilla folder pulling out the paper that certified my birthplace and parents.

"Can I look at it?"He asked and I shrugged.

"Sure, I don't see why not." I said handing it to him.

"Can I get you anything to drink?"I asked him and he shook his head.

"No thanks."

"You're dad's name is Richard Sullivan." he said to me as he looked up from the paper.

"I hate to break it to you Jimmy but there are a lot of Sullivan's out in the world."I said scratching the back of my head. Not that I wasn't over joyed that he thought I was his sister or anything its just unbelieveable.

"I'm not stupid, I know that thank you very much. But my dad's name is Richard Sullivan, I'm telling you we are brother and sister." He said and I jumped up then rumaged through a few drawers and coming back with a picture of my mom and a man I knew to be my father. My mother was on vaction to visit her aunt and uncle, she lived with her parents in Italy for most of her life that is until she had me.

"This a picture of my father, my mother gave it to me a few years ago."

"That's my dad,"He said and I sat down still soaking in all the news of what he was telling me.

"But my mother never said anything about my father having any other children." I said softly.

"I don't know to tell you," he laughed. "Were obviously related."

I looked down at my hands a bit I was related to "The Rev" how amazing was that?

"You know, you should move to Huntington." He stated randomly and my eyes snapped up to his.

"Are you crazy, Jimmy? I can't just up and move."I said arching an eyebrow at him.

"Sure you can!" He said enthusiastically. "You can stay with me if you want. Don't you want to meet our father and have a brother and sister relationship?"

"Of course I do. But I can't move there Jimmy."I said lightly.

"Yes you can."He stated slowly at first then a grin reached his face. "What do you have here that's holding you back except for a shitty apartment?"

"Well, nothing." I said softly after I thought about it for a minute.

"Exactly."

"You're crazy Jimmy." I said shaking my head.

"I know, but it's okay because you are crazy as well considering we are related."He said.

"True."I muttered.

"You'd like it in California. It's a nice place and the guys would love you."He told me thats when it hit me, I'd be around all of avenged sevenfold all the time, I'd almost forgotten about that.

"I like the beach," I said honestly, it had been a while since I'd been there.

"I live right near the beach, you could go there everyday if you wanted." He told me and I felt my insides start to jump around in excitement.

"I guess moving to Huntington wouldn't hurt anything. I don't have anything here anyways and I could always find another job there." I said softly as I thought out loud about all thing I'd have to do to get there.

"Does that mean you're going to?"He asked looking a little confused and I giggled.

"Yeah Jimmy, it means I'm going to."I said and he jumped up and hugged me tightly.

"YAY thank god, I thought I was going to have to drag you there."He said loudly making me laugh more.