Status: Completed.

Those Who Walk Beside Me

Twenty Three

“Where do you think you're going?” I chuckled and pulled her back into my arms. “Matt,” She whined with a small giggle. “I have to pee.”

“I don't care, I'm not letting you go.” I said as I squeezed her tightly. She sighed and laid her head back down onto my chest, before tracing my tattoos with her finger.

“How long is she staying?” She asked softly. I knew she was talking about Val and I could tell she didn't exactly like her. “I don't know Kandy, I really don't.”

“Okay,” She nodded. “Don't worry about her, Kandy. She's my ex; nothing more.” I assured her before placing a kiss on her temple.

“Hey love birds, get up!” Brian shouted from outside the door as he pounded on the door a few times. Kandy laughed before looking over at the clock.

“It's one a clock!” She exclaimed, running a hand through her hair. “You kept me up all night.”

“No,” I chuckled, “It was mutual, we were both talking non stop.”

“Alright, whatever.” She rolled her eyes and laughed as she climbed off the bed. “I'm going to take a shower, I'll be down in a few.”

I nodded, “I'll be downstairs if you need me.”

--

“How are you doing Matt?” Val asked as I grabbed a beer from the fridge. “I'm doing just fine.” I answered. She looked down at the floor for a moment before looking back up at me with tearful eyes. “You love her, don't you?”

“Val,” I sighed, “We're over, we have been for almost two years.”

“I know, I've just missed you.”

“Well, you should have thought about that before you cheated.” I shook my head and took a sip of my beer. “I said I was sorry, Matt!”

“Saying you're sorry doesn't change a damn thing, Val. I'm over you, I have been for a long time now.” With that being said I walked out of he kitchen and into the living room where everyone sat. Kandy came down the stairs and walked over to me with a small attached to her face.

“Lets take a walk,” She suggested before giving me a small kiss. “I'm up for a walk.” I chuckled and kissed her again.

“We'll be back later.” I told everyone as I pulled away from her.

We spent the rest of the day walking along the beach hand in hand while talking. I enjoyed being with her and I knew that I was falling for her hard. I just hoped that she felt the same way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait and how short it is.

Comment and Subscribe!<3