Status: Completed.

Those Who Walk Beside Me

Twenty Seven

“Now look what at what you did!” Brian yelled as we both watched Kandy walk out the door. “She loves me?” I asked, ignoring him.

“Damn it Matt, open your fucking eyes. Of course she fucking loves you. After everything that's happened and everything we've been through lately, you're making it worse by fighting with her. I thought maybe just maybe we could be happy again since Jimmy's passed away, but no you have to fucking ruin it! You need to find her and make up with her before you lose her for good.

I nodded and sighed heavily. “Brian,” I turned and looked at him.

“Just don't, Matt.” He said before walking away. I ran out the door and headed for the beach. Brian was right, I needed to find Kandy and really talk to her about everything. Not fight like we have been but just talk. She needs to know that I didn't want to be with Val and, I don't love Val.

--

“I knew you'd be here.” I said softly as I sat down in the sand next to Kandy. “Leave me alone, Matt.” She murmured, her voice cracking from tears.

I sighed, “Please don't cry.”

“I'm not crying.” She stated as she rested her chin on top of her knee.

“Kandy, I'm sorry for yelling at you and saying that shit. I just...I just don't know what to believe anymore.”

“I didn't cheat on you. I would never do that.” She said as more tears feel from her eyes. I stayed silence for a minute knowing that she wasn't lying to me. Why did I believe Val but not the girl I love?

I nodded even though she couldn't see me. “I know. I know you didn't.”

She lifted her head and looked at me with a confused expression, tears still falling. “Then why did you say all that shit!” She raised her voice.

“Because, Kandy, I'm fucking scared! Okay, I admit it. I'm scared.” I shook my head and ran a hand over my face.

“Scared of what, Matt?” She questioned, keeping her voice soft that time. “I don't know,” I shrugged. “Maybe I'm scared that if I love you then you'll die and disappear like Jimmy.”

She turned her body completely so that she was facing me before grabbing a hold of my right hand and giving it a small squeeze. “Matt, I'm not going anywhere. I'm not gonna die.” She assured me.

“How do you know that, Kandy?” My own voice cracking as I looked directly into her eyes.

“I just know. I'm not ready to die and I don't think I will die this early. It was Jimmy's time to die, and we may not know why but I'm do know that I'm not gonna die anytime soon.”

“I'm scared, Kandy. For once I'm actually scared. I love you too much too lose you.”

“I know, Matt, I'm scared too.” She closed her eyes for a moment as she cleared her throat, “But we love each other and I know that we'll be okay. We'll get through this together, I promise.”

I nodded. “Does this mean we're back together?” I questioned softly.

“No,” She shook her head. “I think we should wait a little bit longer and see what happens before getting back together.

“Okay, that sounds alright to me.” I smiled before picking up her hand and kissing it gently. “But please, do me one favor.”

She giggled. “What's the favor, Matt?”

“Come home?”

“I don't know,” She chewed on her lip. “Please, Kandy.” I pleaded.

“Okay, I'll come home. But on one condition.” She smiled. “What?” I asked, almost hesitantly.

“I get to turn the guest room into my own room.”

“Deal. I wouldn't have it any other way.”

“Okay.” She nodded. “Oh Matt, one more thing.”

I groaned wondering what else she wanted. “What is it?”

She stood up from the sand and held her hand out for me to take. I took it and stood up before looking back at her. “Take me home.” She grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really enjoyed writing this chapter!

Comment and Subscribe!<33