Status: Completed.

Those Who Walk Beside Me

Thirty Five

“Hey, what are you two doing back so early?” Brian questioned as Michelle and Kandy walked through the door.

I looked over at Kandy with a grin on my face, but it quickly faded when I saw her tear stained face. I stood up from the couch and walked over to her with a questioning look. Why was she crying? What had upset her?

“Brian, I think we should go.” Michelle hinted, giving him a certain look that said 'get your ass up and lets go now'.

I narrowed my eyes and locked eyes with his. He shrugged at me as he stood up from the couch, not clued in to what was going on either. “I'll see you later, Matt.” He said before following Michelle out of the door.

I shook my head and ran a hand over my face, looking back at Kandy. She was looking down at the ground nervously, and I noticed her hands shaking slightly. I stepped forward and carefully took her hands in mine. She looked up immediately and locked eyes with me.

“What's wrong, baby?” I asked softly.

Suddenly she looked as if she was going to cry. “I-I have something to tell you.” She swallowed hard and took a deep breath. “And I'm not exactly sure how you're going to react.”

“Well, whatever it is we'll get through it.” I assured her. “Please Kandy, don't cry.” I pleaded. I hated it when she cried. Hell, I hated seeing her so upset. My heart just ached seeing her on the verge of tears.

“Matt…” She began, “I-I'm pregnant.” She said slowly, looking away from me.

My stomach dropped and my mouth dried up. “I'm sorry,” I chuckled, giving her an incredulous look. “I don't think I heard you correctly. Did you just say you're pregnant?” I questioned.

She nodded, “Yeah,” She said, her voice barely above whisper but I still heard her.

“Oh God,” I muttered, not believing we let something like this happen. “Are you sure?” I asked.

“I took like thirty pregnancy tests, Matt. So yes, I'm ninety eight percent sure I'm pregnant.” She sighed.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Kandy's really fucking pregnant. I'm going to be a dad, whether I like it or not. “I need some time to think.” I shook my head and walked past her, heading for the front door.

“Are you fucking serious, Matt?” She questioned from behind me in a pissed off tone. “What the hell is there to think about? I'm pregnant and there's no changing that. What's done is done.”

“I know that okay,” I said turning to her. “I'm not fucking stupid. I just need some time to think. I didn't fucking expect this all of the sudden.”

“And you fucking think I did?” She hissed. “We were careful as fuck, but apparently not careful enough if I'm knocked up.”

“Kandy,” I sighed, “We'll talk about this later. I need to clear my head first.”

“No!” She shouted, growing angrier and angrier at me. I wasn't meaning to act like a total dick, I just needed to think about everything. “We're going to fucking talk about this now, Matthew!” I knew she truly was serious when she used my full name. If I walked out that front door at that moment, I knew I'd be in the dog house and would be sleeping in the guest room for quite some time.

“What do you expect me to fucking say, Kandy? I mean fuck. You honestly think I want a fucking kid right now?”

Her expression softened and her eyes grew sad. “You don't want the baby?” She asked softly, seemingly hurt.

I sighed, wanting nothing more than for someone to slap me for saying that. “No, that's not what I meant. That came out wrong.” I shook my head, disagreeing with her accusation.

She gave me a look of disgust. “I cannot believe you.” She hissed before turning away and walking up the stairs.

“Kandy,” I called out, going after her. “I'm sorry.” I apologized, hoping it would do some good.

I watched as she entered the bathroom, locking the door behind her. “Go to hell, Matthew!” She cried.

Oh fuck, why did I have to go and fuck everything up once again? You'd think I would have learned better by now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Subscribe!<3