Status: Completed.

Those Who Walk Beside Me

Thirty Six

I couldn't fucking believe him! How could he say he didn't want the baby? What was I going to do now? Was I supposed to just leave and move out? Was I supposed to believe that he really didn't mean to say that? I wasn't sure what to believe. I sighed and wiped away a few stray tears that fell from my eyes.

I looked down at my stomach and placed my hand on top of it. I was really pregnant, and there was no changing that. Was I ready to be a mother? Was I ready to raise a child for the next eighteen years? I wasn't sure of that either. All I knew was that ready or not I was going to have a baby, and I needed to accept that.

“Kandy, baby, I'm sorry.” Matt apologized from the other side of the bathroom door. “Please, open the door so we can talk.”

“There's nothing to talk about. I get it, okay! You don't want the baby, and that's fine.” I shouted, shaking my head.

“No, stop! I didn't mean what I said, Kandy! You know better than I do I would never say those things on purpose. Please, just open the door.”

I tucked a lock of hair behind my ear before walking to the door. I opened it wide before connecting my eyes with his. “I'm sorry,” I murmured, stepping into his arms. “I just can't do this alone!” I cried into his chest.

“I know, baby.” He said softly, running his hand along my back soothingly. “And I wouldn't dare let you. We're in the together for the long run.”

I pulled away and took a deep breath. “You promise?” I asked, wiping my eyes.

“Of course. I would never make you do this alone, and whether you believe it or not I do want the baby.” He assured me with a small smile.

I licked over my lips before smiling slightly. “Really?”

Matt sighed and nodded. “Do you really think I would just let you walk out? I want you and this baby, Kandy.”

“Okay,” I nodded before burying my face into his chest and wrapping my arms around his torso. “I love you, Matt.”

“I love you too,” He said quietly before kissing me on the forehead. “Now why don't we go get you and the baby here fed?” He suggested.

“Sounds like a plan.” I said, laughing softly. I was definitely hungry, and my stomach didn't mind growling to let me know.

I pulled away from him before we both walked downstairs. We both stopped dead in our tracks once we stepped off the last step and starred at the person who was sitting on our couch while enjoying a beer.

“Zacky, what the fuck are you doing here?” Matt asked, leaving my side and walking over to our strange friend who seemed to pop up out of nowhere these days.

“I was bored and Gena's at work. I figured I'd come over here and see what you guys were up too.” He shrugged and then turned his attention back to the TV where the baseball game was on.

“Wow,” I laughed slightly and shook my head before walking past the both of them and into the kitchen. I needed to find something halfway appetizing that won't make me sick for the baby and I.

I hoped that Matt and I were going to truly be okay, and that the both of us would soon get use to the idea of becoming parents.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm updating again for Marissa because she was stuck and wasn't sure what to write with this chapter! :D

Now, Marissa and I want to let you know that we have decided to start a new story because we love writing together for you guys and this story is actually ending soon.
Kiss It Goodbye
Go check it out and subscribe if you like it.

<33