Status: Completed.

Those Who Walk Beside Me

Nine.

Matt's POV

“Are you into her?” Brian asked as he sat down next to me, and we watched Kandy and Jimmy dance playfully to the radio. “Maybe,” I shrugged. “I'm not entirely sure yet.”

“Yeah, sure.” He chuckled and shook his head, not believing me.

It was odd how quickly I had already developed feelings for Kandy, and I still wasn't sure how she felt about me. I mean, we've hardly known each other for a few days. I'm not sure it's possible that she too had already developed feelings for me.

The day had been filled with endless laughs and fun. We had the boat anchored earlier, and we were all in the water. We didn't run into any sharks, but we did see a few dolphins and other sea creatures.

Zacky was currently steering the boat so Jimmy and Kandy could spend some time together. It was nice seeing them become close in such a short amount time, and a little mind blowing at how much they resembled each other.

--

“You guys wore me out!” Kandy exclaimed as she collapsed on the couch dead tired. “You mean Jimmy wore you out.” Johnny laughed. “With all that dancing, I know it was him.” I joked.

“No!” Jimmy gasped playfully and placed a hand over his chest. “You guys are crazy.” Brian chuckled.

“I need to take a shower, but I'm so fucking tired.” Kandy groaned right before letting a yawn escape pass her lips.

“Come on sis, I'll carry you.” Jimmy laughed before picking her up and throwing her over his shoulder. “Ow, your shoulder is digging into my stomach.” She complained.

“Get over it,” He rolled his eyes, and carried her away.

“I'm going to bed, night guys.” Johnny spoke before trudging up the stairs. “Who wants a beer?” Brian questioned. “I do,” Zacky and I said in unison, laughing afterward.

“Alright, I'll get us one.” Brian left the living room right as Jimmy came down the stairs. “Okay, I'm retiring from brother duty for the night.” He sighed with a small laugh.

“You're a freak, Sullivan.” Zacky commented. “Beer's for everyone,” Brian announced before tossing each of us one. We all said thanks before popping them open and drinking some.

“Today was tiring,” I stated. “I agree with you there, we should just hang out here tomorrow and have the girls over.” Brian suggested with a slight nod.

“Sounds good to me.” I chuckled.

--

“Hey,” Kandy said quietly as she appeared in the kitchen around midnight. The guys had already gone to bed, but I couldn't sleep.

“What are you doing up?” I questioned. “Bad dream,” She shrugged.

“You want to talk about it?” I wondered. “Not really,” She shook her head. “Alright, that's fine.” I nodded. She looked frightened and nervous as she sat down at the table across from me.

“Kandy, your hands are shaking.” I noticed instantly. “I'm fine,” She assured me. “Do you want me to get Jimmy?” I asked as I took a hold of her hands in mine. “No,” She laughed lightly. “I'm good, I just can't sleep is all.”

“Okay, I won't push it.” I nodded again. “Why don't you have a girlfriend?” She asked curiously. I was taken back by her question, and stared at her for a moment trying to come up with a reasonable answer.

“I had a girlfriend, but it just wasn't working. Out.” I answered solemnly. “I don't believe that,” She bit her lip and shook her head.

“Oh, really?' I pondered. “Then why do you think I don't have a girlfriend?”

“Maybe she was a bitch who cheated on you, or maybe your a liar and you haven't dated in awhile.” She laughed freely. “Something like that,” I chuckled.

“Why didn't you have a boyfriend before you came here?”

“I was working all the time, so I didn't really the see the point.” She shrugged and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. “Sounds fair enough.” I agreed.

“You know, you should try and get some sleep.” I suggested. “Jimmy will probably be getting you up early.”

“Ugh!” She sighed. “I hope not, I want to sleep in tomorrow.”

“Then I'll make sure he doesn't wake you up.” I said as I stood up from the chair. “Thanks Matt,” She smiled, and I nodded. “I'll see you in the morning, get some sleep Kandy.”

“Night,” She murmured, before walking past me and dashing up the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Updates are going to be more frequent now! :D

Comment and Subscribe!!

<3