Status: <3

Remembering Rae

Two

I was watching her scribble math problems down furiously. She was so good at math, at everything really. It was like she was able to do anything, at least, that's how it seemed to me. She turned around and flashed me her thousand watt smile. God, I loved her some. How it lit up her face, how it felt when I was rewarded with one.
"Ms. Heart, would you like to explain this quadratic equation to me?" Mrs. Stewart lifted an eyebrow, a skill I would kill to have.
"Not really, if you don't mind me saying, I would really rather be eating a Popsicle right now." I grinned at her, lazy and slow, like my cat Rufus. She scowled at me but turned her attention to another victim. I turned my gaze back to my favorite subject, Rae. Rae was my best friend since second grade. I knew all of her secrets, all of her scars and where they came from. We were inseparable, attached at the hip. Rae isn't aware that I loved her, but that was okay. I was too afraid to tell her, I was afraid it would ruin everything. Someone threw a pencil at my back and I whipped around to glare at Tara Ports, a girl who hated me and Rae. Rae winced as she saw it hit my back, knowing it was badly sunburned from our trip to the beach last weekend. Tara smirked at me and went back to her work. I hoped she failed at life. At least today was Friday and me and Rae-bear had a party to attend tonight. It was a birthday party for a Rae's girlfriend, Sara Potts. God, I hated and loved Sara. She was one of the nicest, least bitchy girls you would ever meet in high school, especially in mine. However, she did have the privilege of dating Rae, and I believed that no one deserved that, not even me. I stared out the window at the peach tree that we usually ate lunch at. The were contemplating cutting it down, which had devastated Rae to a point of where she made a petition and everyone signed it of course, who could say no to Rae?